QB Jacoby Walker

Player: Jacoby Walker

Hometown: Spring, TX

Position: QB

Height: 6'2"

Weight: 191 lbs.

40 time: 4.68 (timed at Scout.com combine in Dallas, TX)

Visit Date: TBD

Scholarships offered: Nebraska, Oklahoma State

Favorites: Nebraska, Oklahoma State

Rankings/Stars:

Rivals:

Scout:

ESPN Grade: N/A

Assessing the talent:

Odds of becoming a Cornhusker: 20%. Nebraska is the first to offer. Has good speed and is a legitimate dual-threat. Is also seeing interest from Florida State, Kansas, Oklahoma, Texas A&M, Texas Tech, Oregon, Alabama and LSU.

JACOBYWALKER6_10200.JPG

I think that is kind of a ridiculous assumption to make, especially with regards to 16 and 17 year-olds who are capable of tremendous physical development between now and their final year of eligibility in college...

We have no idea what kind of QB Cody Green will be at the college level. All we know is that he is a tremendous high school player and a great athlete. The same goes for Jacoby Walker.

Also, it's apparent we want Jacoby to be a Husker, as we were the first to offer.

With QB being such an important position schools usually take at least 1-2 QB's each year regardless of who they already have. You never know what will happen and it is nice to have capable QBs on the team. Another thing is that I am glad to see Nebraska going after great athletes at the QB position!

I think that is kind of a ridiculous assumption to make, especially with regards to 16 and 17 year-olds who are capable of tremendous physical development between now and their final year of eligibility in college...

We have no idea what kind of QB Cody Green will be at the college level. All we know is that he is a tremendous high school player and a great athlete. The same goes for Jacoby Walker.

Also, it's apparent we want Jacoby to be a Husker, as we were the first to offer.

:yeah

With QB being such an important position schools usually take at least 1-2 QB's each year regardless of who they already have. You never know what will happen and it is nice to have capable QBs on the team. Another thing is that I am glad to see Nebraska going after great athletes at the QB position!

:yeah Always want to take at least 1 QB in each class. The coaches are going to try and get the best possible player to fill that slot regardless of who they have in house already. To put all of your apples on a young man who may or may not play regardless of how highly ranked he was is a mistake IMO.

• 1 month later...

• 2 weeks later...

kansas? wth?

Meh.

Jacoby Walker names a leader

Quarterback Jacoby Walker told ESPN affiliate Web site TheShiver.com, "I would say Kansas is my early leader."

Walker also stated the other programs recruiting him, "Right now I have offers from Oklahoma State, Nebraska and Kansas. I think I will get offers from Missouri and Northwestern soon as well."

Last fall, Walked completed 66-percent of his attempts for 2,087 yards, 20 touchdowns and eight touchdowns.

Not over yet, but if he goes to Kansas, then we'll be an ideal destination for Blake Bell.