QB Jacoby Walker

id take walker....hes faster (i like dual threat QBs)

I would take Walker over Bell as well

Have you guys seen him play? Just curious :dunno

Going by the offers, and the fact that rivals has Bell as the number 1 qb/dual threat qb, i would think Bell would be the clear prefernece at this stage. Once again, not knocking your opininons. I know the rankings can be rather skewed to say the least ;)

id take walker....hes faster (i like dual threat QBs)

I would take Walker over Bell as well

Have you guys seen him play? Just curious :dunno

Going by the offers, and the fact that rivals has Bell as the number 1 qb/dual threat qb, i would think Bell would be the clear prefernece at this stage. Once again, not knocking your opininons. I know the rankings can be rather skewed to say the least ;)

i have a hard time believing Bell is a dual threat

• 2 weeks later...

Latest From Husker Journal:

APRIL 5, 2009. PREP STAR

JACOBY WALKER, QB, 6-2, 190, 4.7, SPRING (WESTFIELD), TEXAS

Jacoby has offers from Kansas, Nebraska and Oklahoma State

Kansas Leads For Walker

“Right now with the offers I have I’m leaning towards Kansas.” Walker said, “I like Kansas because they are in the Big 12 and it’s a competitive conference. They do a lot of things on offense and is a team on the rise in college football.”

“I’ve haven’t been to Kansas yet, but I plan on going to their spring game next week. I’m excited about it because being in Texas I’ve never been far as the heartland.” Walker said

“I don’t search Kansas on the Internet. I watch Sports Center 24/7 so…….I’m watching a soccer game now.” Walker added

“Nebraska was the first team to offer me,” Walker said, “They verbally offered me after my sophomore year. By my junior year Nebraska and Oklahoma State offered me in writing.”

Huskers Put Up Big Numbers

“I know a lot about Nebraska, I watch them on TV. They put up a lot of numbers. The last two quarterbacks put up a lot of points on the board. Nebraska is always four wide on offenses like some schools. At my school were kind of balance. I kind of like pro style because I can read defenses.” Walker said

“I still hear from Nebraska,” Walker said, “Coach Watson talks to me about the spring game. I’m not sure if I will make it for the game.” Walker added

“I don’t hear from Oklahoma State as much because I think they have commits from two other quarterbacks. I’m still being recruited by them but having two quarterback commits I don’t know where I would play.” Walker said

Video Game Numbers

“I like how Oklahoma State uses their quarterbacks. They like to run the ball a lot and they use different schemes on offense for the quarterbacks. Oklahoma State system puts up video game numbers. Ridiculous numbers. They are one of the teams that go under center and spread it out, real versatile.” Walker said

“I plan on making my decision early in the summer so I can focus on my senior year. I want to wait after spring ball to make sure everything is on the table. I’m not looking at depth charts or anything, that’s not my main reason. I still have to compete for a spot.” Walker added

• 2 weeks later...

attended Kansas' Spring Game

next to the 18 fans that showed up

Yeah, we should get as many recruits that went to the Kansas spring game to Lincoln this weekend, and show them what a real football school is like. KU will sell out the midnight madness basketball scrimage every year, yet no one goes to the spring game. KU will always be a basketball school first.

• 2 weeks later...

i think he clearly sees all the quarterbacks we have. We have Green who will have 4 years of eligibility after his redshirt, Spano a redshirt-freshman, Washingtion who might redshirt, and Zac Lee who is only a junior this year. Would he rather come here or go to Kansas where he as a MUCH better chance of starting after Reesing leaves. If it was me, I would be in love with Kansas because of their qb situation.

• 2 weeks later...