WR Justin McCay

Player: Justin McCay

Hometown: Shawnee, KS

Position: WR

Height: 6'3"

Weight: 197 lbs.

40 time: N/A

Visit Date: TBD

Scholarships offered: Nebraska, Colorado, Georgia, Florida, Kansas, Kansas State, Missouri, Notre Dame, Oregon, Wisconsin

Favorites:

Rankings/Stars:

Rivals:

Scout: rating.gifrating.gifrating.gifrating.gifrating.gif

ESPN Grade: N/A

Assessing the talent:

Odds of becoming a Cornhusker: 5%. One of the nation's best WRs, right next door in Kansas.

JUSTINMCCAY9_17200A.JPG

Justin is a beast. I know him and he already has at least 20 scholarship's plus at least 5 more for basketball. He has some great hands and can win a jump ball against anyone.

All the measurables you want in a WR. I'm surprised that the state of Kansas has produced two stud recruits the past two years.

Don't you mean THREE stud recruits the past THREE years.

10- McCay

09- Bryce Brown

08- Arthur Brown

Isn't Ted Gilmore, NU's WR coach, from the same area of Kansas as this kid?? Also doesn't NU have a couple of kids on roster from Shawnee, Kansas??

It's time for Gilmore to learn the art of selling. Maybe he needs a Tony Robins seminar or something, but that recruiting coordinator tag has to come off sometime and he needs to get his hands dirty. Heck hopefully the self made millionaire Ekeler can teach him how to sell. That guy is a stud!!

All the measurables you want in a WR. I'm surprised that the state of Kansas has produced two stud recruits the past two years.

10- McCay

09- Bryce Brown

08- Arthur Brown

what about harper?

Isn't Ted Gilmore, NU's WR coach, from the same area of Kansas as this kid?? Also doesn't NU have a couple of kids on roster from Shawnee, Kansas??

It's time for Gilmore to learn the art of selling. Maybe he needs a Tony Robins seminar or something, but that recruiting coordinator tag has to come off sometime and he needs to get his hands dirty. Heck hopefully the self made millionaire Ekeler can teach him how to sell. That guy is a stud!!

Not quite the same area. Hopefully we can get someone down here though. As of now though it is a toss up. No one in the lead

not quite....Gilmore is from Wichita, which is 3-4 hrs from KC. It would be similar to saying that Lincoln is the same area as North Platte.

10- McCay

09- Bryce Brown

08- Arthur Brown

Yes I do, I stand corrected.

His HC is Tim Grunhard (ex-chief). Was interviewed today on a KC radio station. Said that OU, MU, NU, K-ST, ND, FL & Wisc. have all visited the school within the past 2 weeks. Said he was surprised KU had not come personnally.

Also went on to say that many schools had thier head coaches visiting McCay, but NU sent an assistant. Grunhard couldn't recall his name (sorry for those who would have wanted to know who it was). Grun also said McCay is very grounded and taking every thing in stride. No favorites at this point, said it is too early, although he did say he gets the feeling that McCay wants to stay regional.

His HC is Tim Grunhard (ex-chief). Was interviewed today on a KC radio station. Said that OU, MU, NU, K-ST, ND, FL & Wisc. have all visited the school within the past 2 weeks. Said he was surprised KU had not come personnally.

Also went on to say that many schools had thier head coaches visiting McCay, but NU sent an assistant. Grunhard couldn't recall his name (sorry for those who would have wanted to know who it was). Grun also said McCay is very grounded and taking every thing in stride. No favorites at this point, said it is too early, although he did say he gets the feeling that McCay wants to stay regional.

Yeah I can't see him going anywhere far away. Pete Carroll and Urban Meyer are also visiting him.

Yeah I can't see him going anywhere far away. Pete Carroll and Urban Meyer are also visiting him.

I hope he really does want to stay in the region . That could only help our chances we this kid. And I wonder why we only sent an assistant to go visit his school, while everyone else sent their HC?

What are we recruiting him for? In the HI database he is under OLB's but it seems that everyone else is wanting him at receiver so in our case it probably comes down to what he wants to play more I would think.

At this point I think it would be easier to list the schools who haven't offered this kid. If Nebraska signs this kid great, if not, oh well.

I'm just going to kick back, :snacks: , and enjoy the recruiting show.

Drops 3 schools from list

The 3 schools that Justin McCay has dropped UCLA, Nebraska and Oklahoma State.

"I just didn't feel they fit me," McCay told Sporting News Today. "They were recruititng me, but not really recruiting me, like some of the schools I already have a long relationship with. That's how a feel about it, that the schools I have the most tight relationships with are the ones I'll look at the most."

*sigh*, i'd really like it if we could land a stud WR this year

Hold on Oz, I think we have a good shot at Keeston Terry.

I kind of had a feeling this was coming. we just never heard anything about him and it actually appears that we are going after others a lot harder. I am actually loving the receivers we have offered lately from nevada and cali. maybe just my personal preference but speed kills and the receiver from florida whos like 5'7, who runs a 4.3 is exactly what I want on our team.

I kind of had a feeling this was coming. we just never heard anything about him and it actually appears that we are going after others a lot harder. I am actually loving the receivers we have offered lately from nevada and cali. maybe just my personal preference but speed kills and the receiver from florida whos like 5'7, who runs a 4.3 is exactly what I want on our team.

Yeah, just look what speed has done for the Raiders :sarcasm . I don't think you always have to be 6'4 to play receiver, but 5'7 is to short, unless he is a return man, or a darron sproles type RB. If we didn't go after this kid hard, then we are just plain stupid. who are talking about anyway? We have offered no 5'7 receivers from FL.

I want the type of stud that can play as a freshman, and Keeston Terry is not that good. I still want hm, but he a long term project.

Well either we offered Jarvis West from Florida or rivals is wrong. I'm by no means saying I want a roster full of receivers who are 5'9 but we have to have more speed at receiver, even a lot more speed than we have this year. Bell and Mendoza seem to have some wheels, but even Gillyean and Paul don't seem to have the afterburner gear. My preference would be to take one big receiver a year and the other ones we take be smaller burner type guys, Mendoza is exactly what I'm looking for at receiver.

Yeah, just look what speed has done for the Raiders :sarcasm . I don't think you always have to be 6'4 to play receiver, but 5'7 is to short, unless he is a return man, or a darron sproles type RB. If we didn't go after this kid hard, then we are just plain stupid. who are talking about anyway? We have offered no 5'7 receivers from FL.

I want the type of stud that can play as a freshman, and Keeston Terry is not that good. I still want hm, but he a long term project.

:yeah

I have kept my comments to myself, but Terry doesn't bring a whole lot more to the table than the other receivers we have on the roster currently. If we can get another guy as consistent as Swift, then we need to get him. Hopefully Terry is that guy. But we are REALLY hurting for a game breaker at WR. If TTU and MU can pull one in, so should we. Sucks we had to miss on another guy like Mccay, but I think the coaches knew this for awhile and have moved on anyways.

Nebraska is no longer a school of interest according to Scout...didn't make the cut

No surprise. Still think it is Florida

Nebraska is no longer a school of interest according to Scout...didn't make the cut

No surprise. Still think it is Florida

I don't see him sticking around in the Big XII

Actually he might stick around in Big 12. I have heard its going to be OU now.

Drops 3 schools from list

The 3 schools that Justin McCay has dropped UCLA, Nebraska and Oklahoma State.

"I just didn't feel they fit me," McCay told Sporting News Today. "They were recruititng me, but not really recruiting me, like some of the schools I already have a long relationship with. That's how a feel about it, that the schools I have the most tight relationships with are the ones I'll look at the most."

Maybe Bo was on to something back then. According to a lot of reputable posters on UF boards he got showed up at FNL. This could be somewhat confirmed in this link where they don't mention him as a standout

Reports surfaced last week that Shawnee (Kan.) Bishop Miege wide receiver Justin McCay, a Rivals100 prospect, would narrow his list to five schools Wednesday. But sources now say McCay will hold off on that to focus on the start of his senior season and working to keep on track academically. McCay has been linked heavily with Florida, Oklahoma, Notre Dame, Kansas State and Missouri, among others.

Link

Cant we just tell all of the kids we like that OU, FL, TU and the likes have all been bombed and no longer exist?

When we get back to winning these recruits will be ours to pick and choose, until then we'll have to get the guys Bo likes for his team(he's doing that anyways, we have no choice we just like who we like).

GBR and good luck to the kid.

Cant we just tell all of the kids we like that OU, FL, TU and the likes have all been bombed and no longer exist?

When we get back to winning these recruits will be ours to pick and choose, until then we'll have to get the guys Bo likes for his team(he's doing that anyways, we have no choice we just like who we like).

GBR and good luck to the kid.

On the gator/lsu boards they are reporting that UF is no longer in the picture. According to them he did not enjoy his visit at friday night lights, and the coaches were less than pleased.