WR Justin McCay

I kind of had a feeling this was coming. we just never heard anything about him and it actually appears that we are going after others a lot harder. I am actually loving the receivers we have offered lately from nevada and cali. maybe just my personal preference but speed kills and the receiver from florida whos like 5'7, who runs a 4.3 is exactly what I want on our team.

I kind of had a feeling this was coming. we just never heard anything about him and it actually appears that we are going after others a lot harder. I am actually loving the receivers we have offered lately from nevada and cali. maybe just my personal preference but speed kills and the receiver from florida whos like 5'7, who runs a 4.3 is exactly what I want on our team.

Yeah, just look what speed has done for the Raiders :sarcasm . I don't think you always have to be 6'4 to play receiver, but 5'7 is to short, unless he is a return man, or a darron sproles type RB. If we didn't go after this kid hard, then we are just plain stupid. who are talking about anyway? We have offered no 5'7 receivers from FL.

I want the type of stud that can play as a freshman, and Keeston Terry is not that good. I still want hm, but he a long term project.

Well either we offered Jarvis West from Florida or rivals is wrong. I'm by no means saying I want a roster full of receivers who are 5'9 but we have to have more speed at receiver, even a lot more speed than we have this year. Bell and Mendoza seem to have some wheels, but even Gillyean and Paul don't seem to have the afterburner gear. My preference would be to take one big receiver a year and the other ones we take be smaller burner type guys, Mendoza is exactly what I'm looking for at receiver.

Yeah, just look what speed has done for the Raiders :sarcasm . I don't think you always have to be 6'4 to play receiver, but 5'7 is to short, unless he is a return man, or a darron sproles type RB. If we didn't go after this kid hard, then we are just plain stupid. who are talking about anyway? We have offered no 5'7 receivers from FL.

I want the type of stud that can play as a freshman, and Keeston Terry is not that good. I still want hm, but he a long term project.

:yeah

I have kept my comments to myself, but Terry doesn't bring a whole lot more to the table than the other receivers we have on the roster currently. If we can get another guy as consistent as Swift, then we need to get him. Hopefully Terry is that guy. But we are REALLY hurting for a game breaker at WR. If TTU and MU can pull one in, so should we. Sucks we had to miss on another guy like Mccay, but I think the coaches knew this for awhile and have moved on anyways.

• 2 weeks later...

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Drops 3 schools from list

The 3 schools that Justin McCay has dropped UCLA, Nebraska and Oklahoma State.

"I just didn't feel they fit me," McCay told Sporting News Today. "They were recruititng me, but not really recruiting me, like some of the schools I already have a long relationship with. That's how a feel about it, that the schools I have the most tight relationships with are the ones I'll look at the most."

Maybe Bo was on to something back then. According to a lot of reputable posters on UF boards he got showed up at FNL. This could be somewhat confirmed in this link where they don't mention him as a standout

• 2 weeks later...

Reports surfaced last week that Shawnee (Kan.) Bishop Miege wide receiver Justin McCay, a Rivals100 prospect, would narrow his list to five schools Wednesday. But sources now say McCay will hold off on that to focus on the start of his senior season and working to keep on track academically. McCay has been linked heavily with Florida, Oklahoma, Notre Dame, Kansas State and Missouri, among others.

Link

Cant we just tell all of the kids we like that OU, FL, TU and the likes have all been bombed and no longer exist?

When we get back to winning these recruits will be ours to pick and choose, until then we'll have to get the guys Bo likes for his team(he's doing that anyways, we have no choice we just like who we like).

GBR and good luck to the kid.

Cant we just tell all of the kids we like that OU, FL, TU and the likes have all been bombed and no longer exist?

When we get back to winning these recruits will be ours to pick and choose, until then we'll have to get the guys Bo likes for his team(he's doing that anyways, we have no choice we just like who we like).

GBR and good luck to the kid.

On the gator/lsu boards they are reporting that UF is no longer in the picture. According to them he did not enjoy his visit at friday night lights, and the coaches were less than pleased.