The guys on Big Red Wrap-Up sounded pretty confident that he will be back. They said that getting his degree was not only important to him, but it was a very BIG deal to his entire family.

But, I guess we'll find out in 8 days...

I have stated I dont care if he goes or stays (obviously benifits my team if he leaves thou) but I just roll my eyes anytime somebody uses the degree angle as the reason for staying.

Can he not take classes while he is in the NFL? Are there state and federal laws that would keep someone from returning to school if they once left? It makes no sence. There are a good number of players who leave and finish their degrees. Even another group that recieve graduate degrees while playing. If he decides to leave to jump on a great chance, good for him. IF he doesnt, thats good for him also. I dont know why that chaps me, but it does..... :boxosoap

GSG5545 please dont think I am bagging on you. Just a rant in general about that topic. :thumbs

Couldn't agree more. The degree looks very small next to 15 million dollars, still not as much as Ar Husker Fan costs us but hey, we'd be in trouble if he wasn't around.

The guys on Big Red Wrap-Up sounded pretty confident that he will be back. They said that getting his degree was not only important to him, but it was a very BIG deal to his entire family.

I have stated I dont care if he goes or stays (obviously benifits my team if he leaves thou) but I just roll my eyes anytime somebody uses the degree angle as the reason for staying.

Can he not take classes while he is in the NFL? Are there state and federal laws that would keep someone from returning to school if they once left? It makes no sence. There are a good number of players who leave and finish their degrees. Even another group that recieve graduate degrees while playing. If he decides to leave to jump on a great chance, good for him. IF he doesnt, thats good for him also. I dont know why that chaps me, but it does..... :boxosoap

GSG5545 please dont think I am bagging on you. Just a rant in general about that topic. :thumbs

BUT.. it is much more common to finish it out now, and why stop and have it hanging over your shoulders for how many years? Right now it's paid for, where as if he goes to the NFL now, he has to pay for it later. Yes, yes, he'll have the money to pay for it, but why not take it for free? He's going to make the same or probably better money if he waits a year, because he will more than likely raise his own stock, unless he feels this year was a fluke, which i highly doubt he feels. It's not like he is a great defensive player who is playing for a team that is losing their HC or DC and may not excel as much next year. He knows what Bo's plan for him is and I really don't think anyone feels he is going to see a lesser role next year. If he waits to take classes, he may have to retake things because he simply forgot, pushing his degree another year or two away from him. Sure, what you say can be a reason, but much more a reason for people who don't put as much emphasis on a degree.

I totally see where your coming from. But really nobody knows what his situation is beside himself and his close friends and family. A couple of points. 1. Suh is a RS Junior. Meaning he is completing his 4th year. For all we know he is on track to graduate in Summer. Meaning he could be only 4 classes from being finished. Maybe he is done in Dec. I dont know. 2. Paying for class wont matter if he goes in the first round. Lets see, free tution worth maybe $20K or $4 million signing bonus and a 4-5 years deal worth few mill a year (if he goes late/end of 1st). If he is being told he has a great chance at going in the middle to late first and can raise that with the combine and personal workouts, and that is good enough for him, why come back? He stands to lose much more than he could possibly gain. If they say late first at best and possible second, then he could come back to raise his stock.

Everybody is different, every situation is different. Many have come back and done better. Many have come back and lost alot. For all we know he goes and fails to the 2nd or 3rd and feels he made a mistake. Maybe he comes back and then breaks a bone, blows a knee and falls to the 5,6,7th rounds. Maybe everything turns out roses no matter what he chooses. All that matters is that he is happy with what he chooses and is able to live with what comes of it.

If I were making this decision, I'd be gone. One bad injury and you make nothing. Better to be injured after a signing bonus and a contract than while still in college. He can pay for the last year of school with a small fraction of his first contract...

307husker

PS. I REALLY HOPE HE STAYS!!!

Couldn't agree more. The degree looks very small next to 15 million dollars, still not as much as Ar Husker Fan costs us but hey, we'd be in trouble if he wasn't around.

I agree the money up front would be enticing.

Is AR still charging those martini power lunches as trial prep? <_<

What happened to any mention of the insurance policies that would pay the millions if a 'stud player' was hurt in his last year of collegiate play?

It used to be common for basketball players to insure them if they made the decision to play one more year in college. Occasionally I'd hear about football players also buying this safety net.

The premiums had to be paid by a family member but it would make sense for the true student athlete wanting to get a degree but not wanting to jeopardize the millions awaiting a career on Sundays.

If I were making this decision, I'd be gone. One bad injury and you make nothing. Better to be injured after a signing bonus and a contract than while still in college. He can pay for the last year of school with a small fraction of his first contract...

307husker

PS. I REALLY HOPE HE STAYS!!!

I agree. I personally think money wins and he enters the draft but I really would like him to come back another year.

Today's Omaha paper said that Coach Bo visited with Suh last night in Portland. Said Suh would probably not officially announce his plans until early next week. The rest of the team reports Monday for the beginning of winter conditioning.

Not sure that this sounds like "great news" for fans. Not bad, just not great. To me, if he was completely sure, it would be a "mute" point right now, but if he is not announcing until next week, he is putting a lot of thought into it.......which he SHOULD be.

I have said all along that I believe he will leave, but here is to HOPING HE IS A HUKSER NEXT YEAR. :horns2

Today's Omaha paper said that Coach Bo visited with Suh last night in Portland. Said Suh would probably not officially announce his plans until early next week. The rest of the team reports Monday for the beginning of winter conditioning.

Not sure that this sounds like "great news" for fans. Not bad, just not great. To me, if he was completely sure, it would be a "mute" point right now, but if he is not announcing until next week, he is putting a lot of thought into it.......which he SHOULD be.

I have said all along that I believe he will leave, but here is to HOPING HE IS A HUKSER NEXT YEAR. :horns2

Note that around the Colorado game he was 100% sure that he was coming back. Then he was just going to investigate where he might go and what he needed to work on after that. Now...he is not officially announcing his final decision until the last minute.

Hmmmmm....I guess I just hope he doesn't announce his plan to enter the draft with a text message.