DT Myles Wade

MLB 51

http://nebraska.scout.com/a.z?s=204&p=2&c=831667

Nebraska is the third school to show interest, and the 'Huskers have come on strong in the past week. "I really want to take a trip to Nebraska," Wade said, noting that he'd even wait past February 4th - the first day of the Signing Day period - to be able to officially trip out to Lincoln, Neb. "But there are still some things I want to know about them."

Nebraska and Portland, Ore. have a connection - big Ndamukong Suh. Suh, who just announced this past week that he would be returning to Lincoln for his senior year, has been a friend to the Wades for some time.

"Ndamukong and I have the same mentor and we used to train together when he was going into his senior year (at Grant HS) and I was a sophomore. We were training together at this place in Vancouver, Wash. Our mentor - his name is Joe Rollins - he spoke with Suh and I guess he said some good things about me to the Nebraska coaches, and I'm thankful that he did that for me."

A story was released about Wade on Scout tonight. In the article, it was said he was a 5* DT, but his new profile lists him as a 3* with only offer from Texas Tech. It said he was high on Tech, Auburn, and US! Top three. Has said he really wants to visit all 3... hopefully, we can get the last visit. With Bo, Ek, Papuchis, Carl, and everybody else putting on the full court press for this court, I love our chances. Especially since Bo has shown he can be a really gifted closer with recruits. I feel we'll offer him on visit... he'd be the homerun other guy we could take with Thad Randle. Would make a great pair if you ask me. One very important thing that we have going on for us with this guy... SUH! Our do it all guy. They're both from Oregon and Myles actually TRAINED with Suh back in HS... could be huge in getting him N (hopefully). Could step in and play next year, possibly... give Crick and Moore more time to develop. We'd use a rotation anyway. It'd be darn cool to see him and his training buddy anchoring the middle, though.And if I'm correct, he's a 3/2 guy. If we lose a recruit to Chizik or another B12 team... well, just not good.

who is he?

Big kid, reported stats on rivals are 6'2", 311lbs, 500lb bench, 685 squat, 5-second 40. Played for a JUCO in Yuma Arizona, is originally from Portland OR. He was a rivals top100 guy coming out of high school, he was signed with the Ducks at the time. Now it appears they aren't in the picture, not sure why. The only official offer is TTech, he is visiting Auburn, and is looking to visit us. He figures offers from 'burn and us are coming.

who is he?

Big kid, reported stats on rivals are 6'2", 311lbs, 500lb bench, 685 squat, 5-second 40. Played for a JUCO in Yuma Arizona, is originally from Portland OR. He was a rivals top100 guy coming out of high school, he was signed with the Ducks at the time. Now it appears they aren't in the picture, not sure why. The only official offer is TTech, he is visiting Auburn, and is looking to visit us. He figures offers from 'burn and us are coming.

You have to be kidding me, a 500 pound bench? The last Husker I remember having a 500 pound bench was Brenden Stai.

Wade: “I never stop. I go from whistle-to-whistle. My motto is always to never quit. I want to work on my technique. When I go to different camps this summer, I want to pick up moves that will be affective against offensive lines.”

“He’s a beast,” Bilodeau told Scout.com. “He’s played a little offensive tackle for us. He played fullback for us, and he plays defensive tackle and defensive end. That can be in one game."

Strength numbers include a dead lift of 500 pounds, a bench press with 395 on the bar and a squat of 500 pounds. He ran a 5.01 and a 5.1 in the 40 at the NIKE combine in Eugene last year, followed by a 4.9 at Benson.

They use him at DT, OT, FB and DE... sounds kinda familiar don't it.

Here is my question, why is no one on this one until now? JUCO or not if he has all of those intangibles, and seems to be legit with a 3 star rating, what is the issue with him? Is he an academic problem? He went to a JUCO in AZ, hard to believe no one out West went after him if he was such a stud.

Here is my question, why is no one on this one until now? JUCO or not if he has all of those intangibles, and seems to be legit with a 3 star rating, what is the issue with him? Is he an academic problem? He went to a JUCO in AZ, hard to believe no one out West went after him if he was such a stud.

He recommitted to Oregon last February so he probably did not get much play with other teams until he re-opened his recruitment 11/4/08: http://recruiting.scout.com/2/808194.html

I think he's POed at Oregon for wanting him to sit out a season at JUCO so that he'd be a 3/3 guy. :dunno

Not sure why he didn't get things done by the early JUCO signing date.

Here is his web site:

http://myleswade.ning.com/