Wow. Total Disrespect.

The problem with our country now is that everyone thinks that they are owed everything. Nobody wants to man up and earn anything, or realize that these freedoms are a privilege that aren't provided in other countries.

Our Consitution provides that we are all created with certain inalienable rights. That is the very definition of saying that certain freedoms are "owed" to us. What is special about the United States is not that we "give" freedom to people, but that we recognize and protect freedom.

Anyway, I still haven't seen anyone post a credible news source that this incident actually happened.

Is the LA Times good enough for you?

http://www.latimes.com/news/politics/inaug...0,4723203.story

When Bush entered the grandstand with the band playing "Hail to the Chief" for the last time, the crowd below began singing a different refrain: "Hey, Hey, Good-bye." One man waved his shoe

Yeah. Remember, I didn't say it didn't happen. I just said I didn't have any credible evidence to believe that it did. Now I do. Anyway, not very classy, but it is a matter of free speech. You know how committed to free speech you are when you defend a person's right to say something that you find offensive. This is an example of that...

The problem with our country now is that everyone thinks that they are owed everything. Nobody wants to man up and earn anything, or realize that these freedoms are a privilege that aren't provided in other countries.

Our Consitution provides that we are all created with certain inalienable rights. That is the very definition of saying that certain freedoms are "owed" to us. What is special about the United States is not that we "give" freedom to people, but that we recognize and protect freedom.

Anyway, I still haven't seen anyone post a credible news source that this incident actually happened.

Is the LA Times good enough for you?

http://www.latimes.com/news/politics/inaug...0,4723203.story

When Bush entered the grandstand with the band playing "Hail to the Chief" for the last time, the crowd below began singing a different refrain: "Hey, Hey, Good-bye." One man waved his shoe

Yeah. Remember, I didn't say it didn't happen. I just said I didn't have any credible evidence to believe that it did. Now I do. Anyway, not very classy, but it is a matter of free speech. You know how committed to free speech you are when you defend a person's right to say something that you find offensive. This is an example of that...

I agree, and I'm a fan of the freedom of speech, but it just pisses me off when people abuse it. If it is repetitively abused, that's when it may be taken away.

Also, I'm sure if the people who were singing this song/chant heard another crowd singing/chanting the same towards Obama, it would all of a sudden be offensive. I guess that is what pisses me off the most, people thinking that the freedom of speech only applies to them and what they believe in.

In no way, shape, or form should any current or past President of the United States be subject to such abuse, freedom of speech or not.

I wonder what the founding fathers would say if they knew a president was being mocked like that

i wonder what the founding fathers would say about the way we let the gov. over regulate sh#t now days too. personally, i think the founders would be proud of us for mocking a dumb ass president(as they did the same with the king of england- tea party anyone)... hopefully obama will do better, but i don't think he will. the biggest problem in this country(arguably) is greed(within the gov. and otherwise), and the willingness of the politicians to allow it... obama won't change that!!!

i could care less about how many "acts of terrorism" happen on american soil, as long as i have my personal rights and civil liberties.... and bush didn't protect them, in fact he took some away.(patriot act, and the north american union come to mind on that subject).

Tell that to someone who lost family to those 911 attacks. Check what your saying before you speak <_<

i would tell that to someone who lost a loved one on 911. what makes you think i didn't check what i was saying?

I agree, and I'm a fan of the freedom of speech, but it just pisses me off when people abuse it. If it is repetitively abused, that's when it may be taken away.

Also, I'm sure if the people who were singing this song/chant heard another crowd singing/chanting the same towards Obama, it would all of a sudden be offensive. I guess that is what pisses me off the most, people thinking that the freedom of speech only applies to them and what they believe in.

In no way, shape, or form should any current or past President of the United States be subject to such abuse, freedom of speech or not.

i think its funny that you say "it pisses you off when people abuse freedom"....

define "freedom"(anarchy? bill of rights?), is it a definition or just *your* opinion? many people have many diff. ideas of what "freedom" is supposed to allow in this country. so to be able to "abuse" it, one would think there to be some sort of definition for it..... heres one deffinition(per merriam-webster dictionary): the quality of being frank, open, or outspoken.

to me those that chanted their dislike towards gwb had every right, reason, and on some levels a certain responsibility(to the founders and the constitution) to do it. who cares if he's the president, he took the office knowing full well that he'd have every move of his criticized. he took the job just like anyone of us would take another job, if you don't do a good job you hear about it, right?

They talked about it on the NBC Nightly News last night I believe. <_<

I wonder what the founding fathers would say if they knew a president was being mocked like that

i wonder what the founding fathers would say about the way we let the gov. over regulate sh#t now days too. personally, i think the founders would be proud of us for mocking a dumb ass president(as they did the same with the king of england- tea party anyone)... hopefully obama will do better, but i don't think he will. the biggest problem in this country(arguably) is greed(within the gov. and otherwise), and the willingness of the politicians to allow it... obama won't change that!!!

i could care less about how many "acts of terrorism" happen on american soil, as long as i have my personal rights and civil liberties.... and bush didn't protect them, in fact he took some away.(patriot act, and the north american union come to mind on that subject).

Tell that to someone who lost family to those 911 attacks. Check what your saying before you speak <_<

i would tell that to someone who lost a loved one on 911. what makes you think i didn't check what i was saying?

i think its funny that you say "it pisses you off when people abuse freedom"....

define "freedom"(anarchy? bill of rights?), is it a definition or just *your* opinion? many people have many diff. ideas of what "freedom" is supposed to allow in this country. so to be able to "abuse" it, one would think there to be some sort of definition for it..... heres one deffinition(per merriam-webster dictionary): the quality of being frank, open, or outspoken.

to me those that chanted their dislike towards gwb had every right, reason, and on some levels a certain responsibility(to the founders and the constitution) to do it. who cares if he's the president, he took the office knowing full well that he'd have every move of his criticized. he took the job just like anyone of us would take another job, if you don't do a good job you hear about it, right?

It's not just any job, it's the President of the United States, he represents you, me, and every other citizen of this nation. Maybe he didn't do the greatest job in the world, but he was my President and I supported him. I did not vote for Obama, but he is now my President so I will support him whole-heartedly. Maybe I'm just a conservative redneck from SC, but my belief is that we stand behind our President through thick and thin, and support him, you do not and will not ever realize the pressure that lays upon his shoulders, whether it be Obama, GW Bush, Nixon, Eisenhower, Lincoln, or any other President in the past, present, or future of this nation.

And yes, freedom is abused over here and extremely taken advantage of in a negative way.

WOW.....I just don't know what to say about that. This is wrong on so many levels. So you are in favor of removing the police and legal systems? Because having police around limits what I can do only in the name of having an safe and orderly society. In fact I don't care how many acts of violent crime are commited against you or your family as long as I have the freedom to do absolutely anything I want without reprisals. :sarcasm

WOW.....I just don't know what to say about that. This is wrong on so many levels. So you are in favor of removing the police and legal systems? Because having police around limits what I can do only in the name of having an safe and orderly society. In fact I don't care how many acts of violent crime are commited against you or your family as long as I have the freedom to do absolutely anything I want without reprisals. :sarcasm

i never said anything about getting rid of police or the legal system. I just said i would have a conversation with a person who lost someone one 911, and i would speak my mind during that conversation.

the fact is we were attacked by terrorist, which is bad, but its something thats out of my control, and no matter the number of attacks, it'll still be out of my control. Likewise with the gov, no matter the number of freedoms, and liberties they take from us, and unconstitutional laws they implement... violence will always continue. freedom won't, not unless we make our voices heard.

i want you to know, nothing that i've said means i want to get rid of democracy, it means i want to get rid of the unconstitutional laws within this democracy....

It's not just any job, it's the President of the United States, he represents you, me, and every other citizen of this nation. Maybe he didn't do the greatest job in the world, but he was my President and I supported him. I did not vote for Obama, but he is now my President so I will support him whole-heartedly. Maybe I'm just a conservative redneck from SC, but my belief is that we stand behind our President through thick and thin, and support him, you do not and will not ever realize the pressure that lays upon his shoulders, whether it be Obama, GW Bush, Nixon, Eisenhower, Lincoln, or any other President in the past, present, or future of this nation.

And yes, freedom is abused over here and extremely taken advantage of in a negative way.

i stand by this country, this land, the flag through thick and thin. but if my president makes a mistake, i expect him to fix it, not continue it just be cause "we have to stick together through thick and thin".... if he has to admit he was wrong, i'll forgive him, but if he doesn't fix it(like bush didn't), he in turn no longer represents *me* or what *i* stand for..... or what i believe the flag to stand for.

i stand by this country, this land, the flag through thick and thin. but if my president makes a mistake, i expect him to fix it, not continue it just be cause "we have to stick together through thick and thin".... if he has to admit he was wrong, i'll forgive him, but if he doesn't fix it(like bush didn't), he in turn no longer represents *me* or what *i* stand for..... or what i believe the flag to stand for.

Sorry, but as a citizen of the USA, the President represents you. Like it or not. If you don't like what he does to represent you, leave. Simple as that.

Sorry, but as a citizen of the USA, the President represents you. Like it or not. If you don't like what he does to represent you, leave. Simple as that.

or i could stay on the land i was born on, and use the tools of democracy to change the way my homeland is governed!!!.... simple as that. :hmmph

true, he represents me on a global scale, for all the other nations to see. if he says it, all americans automatically believe & support it, just because we were born in the same country, right? :sarcasm .....what im saying is that most of his views and opinions, are not the same as mine nor do they "represent" my views and opinions, so no, he doesn't "represent" me. simple as that. :hmmph

things the pres "represents":

this gov. - yes

the country - yes

the majority of the citizens - yes

the flag - yes(arguably :lol: )

himself - yes

me - no

Gotta love that free speech...I'm sure all those who chanted have fought to earn that right, or done something substantial to earn it. :sarcasm

I have a really good idea and that's why it pisses me off so.

Come on you two, you know better than that. You wear/wore the uniform to allow this to happen. You don't have to like it, in fact you can dispise it. That doesn't mean that someone has to serve to "earn" the right to free speech. Public demonstrations are an integral part of the fabric of this nation, a right that every person born here gets. It is a beautiful thing, that because of the efforts of our predessesors we enjoy a better life today. It makes the sacrifices that those who served or are serving that more important. If you want to go the route of saying that everyone needs to serve, then we need to institute mandatory service. I know some are for it, but we have been there and done that and it didn't work. All volunteer Armed Forces are an important part of the recipe for success.

Ok, I will admit that I am biased and do feel that everyone should serve thier country. That's an argument for another day/post. As for serving to "earn" your right to free speech, I did add a little extra after that saying done something substantial to earn it. It's nice to be born in this country and be granted the rights that we are, but they didn't come free, and they don't in ANY other country. You don't have to join the military, but how many people do something to benefit/advance thier country/state/county/city? Very few do. Imagine how much better we would be as a whole if this was the case. That was what I was aiming for.

As for our predessesors, they used that free speech to get the ball rolling on things such as racial and feminine inequality, not to jeer at someone they didn't like. That's like going to any game and talking trash to a player that made a mistake. Get your butt out there and do that job, then see how it feels. It's a high pressure job, and nobody likes a hoodlum monday morning quarterback.

Gotta love that free speech...I'm sure all those who chanted have fought to earn that right, or done something substantial to earn it. :sarcasm

Come on you two, you know better than that. You wear/wore the uniform to allow this to happen. You don't have to like it, in fact you can dispise it. That doesn't mean that someone has to serve to "earn" the right to free speech. Public demonstrations are an integral part of the fabric of this nation, a right that every person born here gets. It is a beautiful thing, that because of the efforts of our predessesors we enjoy a better life today. It makes the sacrifices that those who served or are serving that more important. If you want to go the route of saying that everyone needs to serve, then we need to institute mandatory service. I know some are for it, but we have been there and done that and it didn't work. All volunteer Armed Forces are an important part of the recipe for success.

Ok, I will admit that I am biased and do feel that everyone should serve thier country. That's an argument for another day/post. As for serving to "earn" your right to free speech, I did add a little extra after that saying done something substantial to earn it. It's nice to be born in this country and be granted the rights that we are, but they didn't come free, and they don't in ANY other country. You don't have to join the military, but how many people do something to benefit/advance thier country/state/county/city? Very few do. Imagine how much better we would be as a whole if this was the case. That was what I was aiming for.

As for our predessesors, they used that free speech to get the ball rolling on things such as racial and feminine inequality, not to jeer at someone they didn't like. That's like going to any game and talking trash to a player that made a mistake. Get your butt out there and do that job, then see how it feels. It's a high pressure job, and nobody likes a hoodlum monday morning quarterback.

:clap:clap:clap

:clap:clap:clap

I agree with everything you say AH, well except for the mandatory service part, but the statement still stands that the Freedom is still a given right in this Country. It is incumbent upon us to set the example for others and use the negative examples, such as those this article mentions, to help raise future generations to help ensure we mold contributors and not detractors. Whose fault is it that the populace today has an entitlement personality, we are paying the mistakes for become lackadasical as a society as a whole in developing the contributors. If you get a chance, read the book, "The World Is Flat." I said it previously, maybe this rough spot will awaken a large portion of the populace to get off of their heels and go out and earn and contribute vs. living in the American Idol/Entitled frame of mind.