Do you Huskers hate ND as much as I do?

You have to respect the history and tradition of ND. However, when they went against the grain and signed their own television deal, that annoyed me, because everyone knew even back then where that path would lead...to high dollar television contracts and eventually PPV. So everytime we have to pay to watch our favorite team on TV, you can thank ND for it.

if any of you have read jason peter's book i dont understand how any husker fans can NOT hate ND for what Lou Holtz and his irish did to the peter family

Holtz was and still is........an idiot!

I don't care for him anymore either. I would like to know what was said in Peter's book though.

BTW, This may be becoming a stretch for the husker football forum. :cop:

Christian and Jason's little brother Damian dove into a swimming pool the summer after HS graduation and broke his neck, leaving him paralyzed for a few months and obviously unable to play football anymore. On signing day that previous Feb Lou Holtz said that Damian was "the best offensive lineman that ND had ever recruitied." After the accident he was in the hospital for 8 months and never once got a phone call from Lou Holtz. No assistants, not one contact.

Guess who did call, Tom Osborne. Several times in fact, just to make sure he was okay and if he could do anything. Eventually TO helped Damian transfer from ND to NU where he graduated. This was after Damian went to watch practice several times and was never approached by any coach at ND.

f#*k Lou Holtz, f#*k Notre Dame. I hated those a$$hole$ before I read that book, now I wish failure on anyone associated with either Holtz himself or that university.

if any of you have read jason peter's book i dont understand how any husker fans can NOT hate ND for what Lou Holtz and his irish did to the peter family

Holtz was and still is........an idiot!

I don't care for him anymore either. I would like to know what was said in Peter's book though.

BTW, This may be becoming a stretch for the husker football forum. :cop:

Christian and Jason's little brother Damian dove into a swimming pool the summer after HS graduation and broke his neck, leaving him paralyzed for a few months and obviously unable to play football anymore. On signing day that previous Feb Lou Holtz said that Damian was "the best offensive lineman that ND had ever recruitied." After the accident he was in the hospital for 8 months and never once got a phone call from Lou Holtz. No assistants, not one contact.

Guess who did call, Tom Osborne. Several times in fact, just to make sure he was okay and if he could do anything. Eventually TO helped Damian transfer from ND to NU where he graduated. This was after Damian went to watch practice several times and was never approached by any coach at ND.

f#*k Lou Holtz, f#*k Notre Dame. I hated those a$$hole$ before I read that book, now I wish failure on anyone associated with either Holtz himself or that university.

Thank-you.

Wow, sounds like Holtz is as dumb as he sounds.

I grew up hating Norte Dame. Didn't know why, probably because my dad did. I went to South Bend for the Nebraska game in 2000. After being there and spending the weekend, I left with a whole different attitude about them. We were treated great. Not only at the game, but on campus, tailgaiting, the hotel... everywhere. The campus was unbelievable.

I guess what I'm saying is that I don't hate them. I still enjoy watching them lose. I would like them to lose the big money tv deal. But I would have to say that I do respect them.

I will agree with most everyone on this thread that Lou Holtz is an idiot.

Hate is a fairly strong word K C. There are many teams that I don't like, some more than others. In the same frame I also realize that if it weren't for the other teams, and especially those I don't like, being a Husker fan wouldn't be as much fun. We need good competitive competition. Oh, and always remember, "we hate them so much because they play so good."

T_O_B

:bonez:bonez:cheers:cheers:bonez:bonez

Hate is a fairly strong word K C. There are many teams that I don't like, some more than others. In the same frame I also realize that if it weren't for the other teams, and especially those I don't like, being a Husker fan wouldn't be as much fun. We need good competitive competition. Oh, and always remember, "we hate them so much because they play so good."

T_O_B

:bonez:bonez:cheers:cheers:bonez:bonez

Fair enough.

My sister married a diehard Domer, so in interest of world peace I have to play nice or be banned. :cop:

When talking to your bro-in-law, do you have to talk s..l..o..w..l..y.. so he understands you? Or do you have to pull out the crayons and draw him a picture..."The cow says..'moooooo'"

Yellow crayon - pink construction paper. :lol:

I hate Notre Dame more than I hate dog crap on my shoes. Even more than Texas, which is hard even for me to believe. I love having Notre Dame on TV all of the time; I can sit and watch them lose to a crummy team every week.

Charlie Weis is the Bill Callahan of Notre Dame. I hope he coaches there for another 20 years. Then I can sit in front of the TV and laugh each Saturday.

Why do I hate Notre Dame? Gee, let's count the ways (and I'm old, so there are a lot):

1966 vs. Michigan State...go for the tie, Ara, you coward!

NCAA rule on position numbering? We don't have to follow any rules! (finally did in 1974)

We don't go to bowl games...until we are offered twice as much as our opponents (1969)

Rudy...

Lou Holtz...

BCS sweetheart deal...NBC sweetheart deal...Army and Navy every year...Syracuse every year...

Painting they helmets before every game with paint containing real gold dust...

Growing the grass on the field to about 5"-6" before the 2000 Nebraska game...

:bang

I hate Notre Dame more than I hate dog crap on my shoes. Even more than Texas, which is hard even for me to believe. I love having Notre Dame on TV all of the time; I can sit and watch them lose to a crummy team every week.

Charlie Weis is the Bill Callahan of Notre Dame. I hope he coaches there for another 20 years. Then I can sit in front of the TV and laugh each Saturday.

Why do I hate Notre Dame? Gee, let's count the ways (and I'm old, so there are a lot):

1966 vs. Michigan State...go for the tie, Ara, you coward!

NCAA rule on position numbering? We don't have to follow any rules! (finally did in 1974)

We don't go to bowl games...until we are offered twice as much as our opponents (1969)

Rudy...

Lou Holtz...

BCS sweetheart deal...NBC sweetheart deal...Army and Navy every year...Syracuse every year...

Painting they helmets before every game with paint containing real gold dust...

Growing the grass on the field to about 5"-6" before the 2000 Nebraska game...

:bang

Just for the record, they don't play Army every year. Last time they played was 2006.

I know I can't stand ND, but they been so pathetic lately that I almost hope they improve to where I can root against them and not feel like I'm kicking a baby or pushing an old lady.....They've fallen so far the media and their fans think beating Hawaii signals their return, and that Hawaii is respectable because they ALMOST beat Cincinatti at the end of the year after (I'm pretty sure) Cincinatti had already locked up the Big East.