QB Matt Brown

• 3 weeks later...

• 2 weeks later...

Latest from Husker Journal:

MARCH 5, 2009. PREP STAR

MATT BROWN, QB, 6-0, 175, 4.6, ALLEN, TEXAS

Matt has offers from Nebraska and Arizona. Matt said he is hearing from Oregon, Kansas, San Diego State and others.

Husker Fans Are Special

“I like the football town (Lincoln) they eat, sleep and breathe football. Something I really like. I haven’t seen their facilities yet, but I heard they are really nice.” Brown said

Thoughts On Bo And Nebraska

“Bo seen me weight lifting a little bit. I met him he’s really nice a real good guy and I really like them (Nebraska). I’m almost positive he (Bo) will turn the program around. They have been getting recruit after recruit. I’m sure in the next year or two Nebraska will have a national championship caliber type of team.” Brown said

When asked if Cody Green being at Nebraska will be a factor.

“Not really,” Brown said, “I like the competition. That’s one thing I kind of like. Nebraska they get a lot of good recruits and I kind of feel it will improve my game a little bit. All my life you have to have a mean side to you and take some time to develop. That’s what I like about Nebraska going to a big school where I like to compete for a job and make myself better.”

Parents Are Arizona Grads

“My mom and dad both went to Arizona just because of that its one reason why I like Arizona. I like what they are doing there (Arizona) their offense and stuff and I like the Tucson area.” Brown said

“I think Arizona has a need for a quarterback. We haven’t talked about it much just kind of introducing ourselves. I think they (Arizona) need someone who can run around a little bit make plays.” Brown said

Early Playing Time

“I would love to get into the mix of things and start,” Brown said,” Contribute to the team some way somehow. Whatever I can do to help their program. I’m up to redshirting too.”

Camps And Unofficials

“I’m going to a one day camp at Kansas and I might be going to San Diego State and (camp to) Arizona and Nebraska of course. I also have an Elite 11 camp and Nike camp. Elite 11 is at TCU’s practice field. There will be eleven quarterbacks there for film footage.” Brown said

“At the Nike combine is where I will do my vertical and 40 and stuff.” Brown said, “I’m invited to the Under Armour All-American Bowl. I was supposed to make their combine about a week ago but I was running track.”

“A lot of quarterbacks went to camps in January and got offers. I couldn’t make any camps because of the collar bone injury. I was in rehab.” Brown added

Abilities

“They (coaches) like how I can make plays with my feet and my arm. My whole thing is if the defense stacks up and drops I’m going to sprint and take off for 10 or 20 yards maybe score. If they are going to scoot up and blitz people and leave receiver open, I’ll sit back and toss the ball.”

“I’m looking for a college that fits the education. Education is really important to me I want to finish up school. I also want to have that home feeling when I go to college.” Brown said what he is looking for picking the right college.

Undecided When To Commit

“I might commit before the season begins,” Brown said, “I depends what I have in front of me. Which one (school) is the best which one is not the best. If I’m not comfortable I might want to wait a little late.” Brown said

• 2 weeks later...

• 2 weeks later...

per Rivals: Allen quarterback Matt Brown put on a no-doubt he's recovered performance at theoldcoach.com Ultimate Combine at Coppell on Saturday. Brown was named the Combine MVP among the 130 invitation-only participants after putting up one of the top 40 times with a 4.54 and strong showings in the bench press and throwing in skill drills...He bench-pressed 185 pounds 12 times at the combine _ a very high number for quarterbacks.

• 5 weeks later...