QB Matt Brown

Plus we don't know who the coaches are really going after. The coaches offer a lot of qbs but probably have one in mind that they'd love to get. First was probably Bell, now it seems they are really going after Gabbert. Just my opinion but I really think that if we do relatively well this year, meaning around 10 wins excluding CC or Bowl game I think we'll see a lot of recruits want to take a closer look who normally wouldn't have wanted to.

Plus we don't know who the coaches are really going after. The coaches offer a lot of qbs but probably have one in mind that they'd love to get. First was probably Bell, now it seems they are really going after Gabbert. Just my opinion but I really think that if we do relatively well this year, meaning around 10 wins excluding CC or Bowl game I think we'll see a lot of recruits want to take a closer look who normally wouldn't have wanted to.

Ya, it's not just the offer, a lot of it is how hard you're chasing. Hell sometimes you got kids with offers we wouldn't even take a commitment from. We were obviously interested but I don't think he was at the top of our board or that we were after balls-to-the-wall.

• 8 months later...

Decommitted from Arizona.

The Dykes loss is hitting 'zona hard, Austin Hill is looking-around too.

.... and committed to TCU

Sucks to be Mike Stoops right now, his program had big momentum coming-off the USC-win and getting second in the PAC. Safe to say momentum-gone.

Oh man I hope we didn't do anything to disrupt that? I'd feel like such an ass if we are one of the reasons for their recruiting downward spiral. :box

Matt Brown played in District 8-5a with Rex Burkhead. Allen beat Plano 2 years in a row with a state championship in his junior year. He's for real and quite a stud.

We were in it for a while....then Gabbert happened.

Anyone know if we contacted Matt after he de-committed from Arizona?