RB James McConico

Player: James McConico

Hometown: Compton, CA

Position: RB

Height: 6'0"

Weight: 200 lbs.

40 time: 4.5

Visit Date:

Scholarships: Arizona, Arizona State, Colorado, Nebraska, New Mexico State, Oregon, San Diego State, San Jose State, Washington

Favorites: Nebraska, Arizona, Arizona State, Colorado, Notre Dame, Oregon, USC, UCLA, Washington, Wisconsin

Rivals: :star:star:star

Scout: :star:star:star

ESPN

• 3 weeks later...

u do realize I posted an ESPN link that says the exact same thing?

But that would have required me to actually click on a link. ;)

To be honest, I have not visited the ESPN player pages lately because they don't have their evaluations done yet which was really why they started getting included. (And after the site re-design the dynamic ads kill my Firefox.)

Arizona offered:

Compton (Calif.) running back James McConico was offered by the Cats Tuesday, his 7th offer to date. McConico is a tremendous home run threat and averaged a mind boggling 19 yards per carry as a junior.

Oregon, Colorado, San Jose State, Arizona State, Nebraska and Washington all previously offered. In addition, USC is showing heavy interest and McConico attended the Trojans Junior Day a few weeks back.

Meh. Stupid Oregon.

Oregon making good early impressions

Oregon already has a commitment from one of the top players in the West in athlete Curtis White (Eugene, Ore./ Sheldon) and is leading for a couple of the region's top prospects.

The Ducks are also doing well with Compton (Calif.) running back James McConico. The Ducks were one of the first to offer the athlete and are sitting at the top of his board at this time.

McConico is a true home run hitter and averaged 19 yards a carry last season. He earned 2nd team all-state underclass honors and is a national recruit with schools from all over talking with him.

"My offers are from Oregon, Colorado, San Jose State, Arizona State, Nebraska, Washington and Arizona," McConico said. "Oregon is my top school and I plan to camp with them in the summer.

"I'm also high on Colorado and will definitely visit there. USC is high on my list and the school I grew up rooting for. ASU and UCLA are the others in my top five.

"I want to camp with Oregon, USC and UCLA and will also be attending the Nike Camp in April. I'm looking for a good program that has a chance to win and a place where I'm comfortable with the coaching staff."

Meh. Stupid Oregon.

Oregon making good early impressions

Oregon already has a commitment from one of the top players in the West in athlete Curtis White (Eugene, Ore./ Sheldon) and is leading for a couple of the region's top prospects.

The Ducks are also doing well with Compton (Calif.) running back James McConico. The Ducks were one of the first to offer the athlete and are sitting at the top of his board at this time.

McConico is a true home run hitter and averaged 19 yards a carry last season. He earned 2nd team all-state underclass honors and is a national recruit with schools from all over talking with him.

"My offers are from Oregon, Colorado, San Jose State, Arizona State, Nebraska, Washington and Arizona," McConico said. "Oregon is my top school and I plan to camp with them in the summer.

"I'm also high on Colorado and will definitely visit there. USC is high on my list and the school I grew up rooting for. ASU and UCLA are the others in my top five.

"I want to camp with Oregon, USC and UCLA and will also be attending the Nike Camp in April. I'm looking for a good program that has a chance to win and a place where I'm comfortable with the coaching staff."

That doesn't sound very promising. It's still very early but it sounds like he'll be staying in the Pac10.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

• 2 months later...