OG Dalvin Glass

We are currently favored. Only problem is he says he hasn't heard from the coaches in awhile. Another part of a bad pattern.

what the hell is going on with our recruiting process?? we got problems guys, big time!

Because you know so much. I'm sick and tired of hearing all of these things like "OMG OUR RECRUITING SUCKS WE'RE GONNA BE TERRIBLE!!" It's effing August. AUGUST. Not 1 kid has visited a game during his senior year. Yea yea Texas has X amount of recruits, OU Y, Missouri Z.. I don't care. We actually have places to fill and not a ton of scholarships to use. This class is obviously a quality, not quantity, type of class. We're getting high-profile guys interested in us. If we can get them on campus we will eventually get some of them. We've got a lot to prove this season when it comes to putting a product on the field. These kids were 10 or 11 when NU got smacked in the Rose bowl.. 6 or 7 when we last dominated the college football field. We've got to do something to get them to commit and it's not going to just be the Nebraska name. Until it comes to February and we don't fill our class, there really isn't that much to worry about. But to say we have a "BIG TIME" problem is going a touch on the dramatic side.

No, wrkhavoc, the "you've got to be kidding" and "we've got problems" have a hell of a lot more to do than with just how many commits we have right now.

You can remain optimistic all you want (and I'm optimistic too), but this isn't the first, third, or fifth time that we've seen interested recruits complaining PUBLICLY about how much difficulty they have getting in touch with our coaches. THAT's a problem

really?? Do you think Bo would do anything it takes to win? This staff is all about winning and i find it hard to believe that they would not contact kids that would help them accomplish their goal. College staffs have a recruiting board. Guys at the top of that board get more contact with the coaches than guys below them. That is just how recruiting works.

I am sure the coaches will come back to him. Its a busy time.

if i was him i wouldn't real be feeling the love from the coaches at nebraska if only now they are getting around to our boy dalvin... i mean from what we've heard it seems like the coaches weren't too busy with other recruiting challenges this summer.... and as we know recruiting is happening earlier and earlier... guys need to ALWAYS feel the love no matter who they are and how high or low they... i think the staff needs to throw out that old recruiting "board" and hit up circuit city or somethign and pick up a smart board instead... wouldn't hurt.......

No, wrkhavoc, the "you've got to be kidding" and "we've got problems" have a hell of a lot more to do than with just how many commits we have right now.

You can remain optimistic all you want (and I'm optimistic too), but this isn't the first, third, or fifth time that we've seen interested recruits complaining PUBLICLY about how much difficulty they have getting in touch with our coaches. THAT's a problem

:facepalm:

I am sure the coaches will come back to him. Its a busy time.

:facepalm: unfortunately, that's not how successful recruiting works.....

So your telling me for successful recruiting when you lose contact with a recruit you just forget about them, instead of trying to regain contact with them. I am sure that works real well to. <_<

I understand what you're saying.. But how do we know how much contact a Glass is looking for? Maybe the coaches are only in touch with him once a week, once every other week? Maybe that isn't enough? I mean honestly it can be taken different ways and when we are just on the outside looking in it's hard to criticize either side.. Sure, I wish our class was completely filled and we had kids banging at the door to take a spot if someone drops.. But I'm not overly worried with the fact that we don't.. When looking at our commits you see more of the higher rated players.. Whatever side you take on the start debate, they aren't completely wrong.. So you see that at least we're getting decent players to commit and aren't settling just for the 1st guy that will come here.. There are still some big names out there that we can get on campus and maybe woo in and I'd rather the coaching staff take a shot on getting one of those guys than settling for a 2nd or 3rd tier player that will commit right now.

• 1 month later...

Texas offensive lineman Dalvin Glass hasn't set any official visits yet and says he won’t take any until after his senior season is over. “I’ll probably wait until December,” Glass said. “I’ll probably just try and take a few visits and decide after that." He says he’s narrowed down his list to Tennesssee, Kansas State and Alabama. “They’re pretty much the ones that are recruiting me the...”

I think we stopped recruiting him when he ballooned up from 315 to 350 over the summer. Bo seems to like kids that are fit.

http://nebraska.scout.com/a.z?s=204&p=...d2%26c%3d902900

Texas offensive lineman Dalvin Glass hasn't set any official visits yet and says he won’t take any until after his senior season is over. “I’ll probably wait until December,” Glass said. “I’ll probably just try and take a few visits and decide after that." He says he’s narrowed down his list to Tennesssee, Kansas State and Alabama. “They’re pretty much the ones that are recruiting me the...”

I think we stopped recruiting him when he ballooned up from 315 to 350 over the summer. Bo seems to like kids that are fit.

http://nebraska.scout.com/a.z?s=204&p=...d2%26c%3d902900

Considering this will be a small class and that we're into some great o-linemen for the 2011 class I'd avoid guys we have doubts about.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...