DE Ronald Powell

Player: Ronald Powell

Hometown: Moreno Valley, CA

Position: DE

Height: 6'4"

Weight: 230 lbs.

40 time: 4.52

Visit Date:

Scholarships: Arizona, Arizona State, Auburn, California, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Georgia Tech, LSU, Nebraska, Notre Dame, Oregon, San Diego State, Tennessee, UCLA, USC, Washington

Favorites: Florida, USC

COMMITTED TO FLORIDA

Rivals: :star:star:star:star:star

Scout: :star:star:star:star:star

ESPN: Top 150 Watchlist

goes to the same high school as our boy Eric Martin...but this guy is getting looks from the big boys, which Eric wasn't

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

DL Powell thinking about the SEC

Standout defensive lineman Ronald Powell (Moreno Valley, Calif./ Rancho Verde) is getting his summer plans together and will be spending some time outside the West Coast.

Powell is one of the most dominant defensive players in the region and is getting looks at outside linebacker, defensive end and defensive tackle. At 6-foot-4 and 250 pounds, he has a college body and the frame to hold another 40-50 pounds, which would easily allow him to move inside if needed.

On the recruiting front, Powell has offers from just about every school out West and is drawing a lot of national interest as well.

"Florida, Tennessee, Georgia, Alabama and Auburn have all offered me from the SEC," Powell said. "I really love SEC football. The passion the fans have there and just how exciting the game atmosphere is really second to none.

"In every city, football is life or death. Everything is all about football and that's what I'm looking for. I have family in Alabama and Georgia and I'm planning to trip to both schools. I'm going to camp with Florida in the summer or will also camp with USC and Boise State."

The Trojans have been a long time favorite for Powell and the lineman has attended the Rising Stars Camp the last two years. He will attend the Nike camp at USC in April.

"That's a great camp," Powell said. "I love the competition and the coaches are great at USC. They were the first to offer me and I really like USC a lot. With Boise State, my coach is good friends' with one of their coaches so I think a few players on our team will be headed out for that one.

"Right now, I'm looking to take all my trips and I just want to find the best fit for me. I'm in no hurry to decide and distance will definitely not play a role. If I have to leave home, that's fine or if I find the best fit close to home, I'm open to everyone."

Need to get him to visit for a game.

• 2 weeks later...

per ESPN: Defensive end Ronald Powell (Moreno Valley, Calif./Rancho Verde) showed why many of the nation's top programs are in hot pursuit of his services after he was named the defensive line Most Valuable Player of Sunday's Los Angeles Nike Football Training Camp at the University of Southern California.

The 6-foot-4, 225-pounder said that he did not have a current favorite, but if he had to pick two schools right now that he was most interested in, it would be Florida and Southern California.

• 3 weeks later...