Ohio Pete

ATH Keeston Terry

Player: Keeston Terry

Hometown: Blue Springs, Mo.

Position: WR

Height: 6'2"

Weight: 179 lbs.

40 time: 4.65 (Rivals 8/25/2008)

Visit Date: 2/7 (unofficial for junior day)

Scholarships offered: Nebraska, Kansas, Kansas State, Missouri, Stanford, Wisconsin, Illinois

Favorites: N!

Rankings/Stars:

Rivals: :star :star :star :star 5.8 Rivals250

Scout: :star :star :star :star #22 WR

ESPN: 75

Assessing the talent: (Rivals) Earned all-state honors as a sophomore. Terry is also the son of former Kansas City Chief and University of Kansas defensive back Doug Terry. COMBINE HIGHLIGHTS: Terry (6-2/179) was named WR MVP. Terry had an 8'10 broad jump while running a 4.59 shuttle and 4.69 40. He also bench pressed 155 pounds 20 times.

Terry is a very good athlete with coveted size, ball skills and versatility. Could get recruited on either side of the ball at the next level; we like his tools to develop at safety or receiver. Has good height and a well-defined, leaner frame that has a lot of physical development left. Actually has above average body strength for his size. Displays good hands, concentration and a fairly large catch radius. Very comfortable around the football on both sides of the ball. Needs some polish but is a smooth route runner who excels on intermediate routes, loses little speed at the top of his stem. More.

Odds of becoming a Cornhusker: N!

KEESTONTERRY9_17200.JPG

Player: Keeston Terry

Hometown: Blue Springs, Mo.

Position: WR

Height: 6'2"

Weight: 179 lbs.

40 time: 4.65 (Rivals 8/25/2008)

Visit Date: 2/7 (unofficial for junior day)

Scholarships offered: Nebraska, Kansas, Kansas State, Missouri, Wisconsin

Favorites: Missouri

Rankings/Stars:

Rivals: NR Rivals250 To Watch

Scout: :star :star :star :star

ESPN: NR

Assessing the talent: (Rivals) Earned all-state honors as a sophomore. Terry is also the son of former Kansas City Chief and University of Kansas defensive back Doug Terry. COMBINE HIGHLIGHTS: Terry (6-2/179) was named WR MVP. Terry had an 8'10 broad jump while running a 4.59 shuttle and 4.69 40. He also bench pressed 155 pounds 20 times.

Odds of becoming a Cornhusker: 10%. Another good WR from Kansas/Missouri area. Seems like Nebraska would be able to get one of these guys.

KEESTONTERRY9_17200.JPG

seems like getting this kid up here for jr day is huge..

would be an even bigger get if we could land him for next years class.. need a big time receiver

I didn't know we had a junior day. When is it?

Tomorrow I beleieve. Here is a link to some recruits that will be attending.

:cheers

from what BigWillie was saying is that we have a jr day but it is usually just regional recruits compared to going after getting big name guys in here.. partly because of the weather.. he said this is probably the best jr day in recent memory

from what BigWillie was saying is that we have a jr day but it is usually just regional recruits compared to going after getting big name guys in here.. partly because of the weather.. he said this is probably the best jr day in recent memory

Sounds good!

Rivals says he named his top three....anyone have who they are?

Kansas, Nebraska, and Missouri. He says he loved his visit to KU this weekend....

His high school coach is Kelly Donohoe, a former KU QB in the late 80's, so KU may have the upper hand with this kid.

Crap, I just noticed that his dad is a former KU player too. His dad and his High School coach both are former Jayhawks. I subbed at his school last friday, if I sub again there, I will hunt him down in the hallway, and tell him he should be N.

I don't see what makes this kid so good. Am I missing something here. He doesn't have blazing speed. At 179 lbs he needs to pack on some serious weight to play at the college level. I admit I don't know anything about him. Someone please tell why he's a four star.

Apparently he has talent.

If figuring out how good a kid is were hinged on height/weight/40time, then who needs coaches to evaluate talent.

I don't see what makes this kid so good. Am I missing something here. He doesn't have blazing speed. At 179 lbs he needs to pack on some serious weight to play at the college level. I admit I don't know anything about him. Someone please tell why he's a four star.

At 6'2, he is about what all the good recievers his height weigh comming out of h.s. And he if you look, you will see that his 40 time is electronic camp timed, so its not one of those b.s self reported times. He plays for one of the best programs in the state of Missouri, in its largest class, so I'm sure his 4 stars are well deserved

At 6'2, he is about what all the good recievers his height weigh comming out of h.s. And he if you look, you will see that his 40 time is electronic camp timed, so its not one of those b.s self reported times. He plays for one of the best programs in the state of Missouri, in its largest class, so I'm sure his 4 stars are well deserved

Noted.

Hopefully we can land this kid. That would be fantastic. :box

Like I said, if KU does not get this guy, I will be shocked. Which sucks, because they are stock pileing good recievers right and left.

Dad= KU alumni

Head Coach= KU alumni

Like I said, if KU does not get this guy, I will be shocked. Which sucks, because they are stock pileing good recievers right and left.

Dad= KU alumni

Head Coach= KU alumni

The fact that KU is stacked in receivers could benefit us. Being that we lost swift and peterson gives him a great opportunity of coming in and seeing the field in a short period of time.

Dad= KU alumni

Head Coach= KU alumni

The fact that KU is stacked in receivers could benefit us. Being that we lost swift and peterson gives him a great opportunity of coming in and seeing the field in a short period of time.

Good point. I hope he takes that in consideration, and does not have pressure from dad, and coach, to go to KU.

Crap, I just noticed that his dad is a former KU player too. His dad and his High School coach both are former Jayhawks. I subbed at his school last friday, if I sub again there, I will hunt him down in the hallway, and tell him he should be N.

:hellloooo:hellloooo:hellloooo:hellloooo

Do not do that. Or rather after looking at the date on your post I need to say, I really hope you didn't do that.

That could, depending on your circumstances, be a NCAA recruiting violation. If you've ever donated money to the university then you are not allowed to have contact with a potential recruit. Now I'm not sure how that would work in the case of a teacher and a student but it's always best, in my view, to avoid even the appearance of impropriety. JMO.

:hellloooo:hellloooo:hellloooo:hellloooo

Do not do that. Or rather after looking at the date on your post I need to say, I really hope you didn't do that.

That could, depending on your circumstances, be a NCAA recruiting violation. If you've ever donated money to the university then you are not allowed to have contact with a potential recruit. Now I'm not sure how that would work in the case of a teacher and a student but it's always best, in my view, to avoid even the appearance of impropriety. JMO.

I was there again today, and did not see him. The school is like a mini college campus, and has about 600 students in each grade. I have never donated any money, but i was kidding about hunting him down. But if I do ever run in to him, I will ask him what he thought of his visit, and that I'm a Husker fan from Lincoln.

Per scout Nebraska is his leader. He hopes to make his decision sometime over the summer. Is currently working out a second visit with coach Gilmore. We are currently leading over Missouri and Notre Dame, two other schools he expressed interest in.

Per scout Nebraska is his leader. He hopes to make his decision sometime over the summer. Is currently working out a second visit with coach Gilmore. We are currently leading over Missouri and Notre Dame, two other schools he expressed interest in.

Good news. We need some WR's in this class.

is anyone else really excited?!

Yeah man, it's looking pretty good from here. He didn't mention anything else that he wanted to do before he made his decision. He's just waiting 'until it feels right.'

Hopefully that's tomorrow before lunch.

Over on the scrolls they're also saying we lead for Terry. WR is a big need and he'd be a big get.

He would be a great get...

We still need to think about KU, Missouri definitely, Stanford, and Illinois.

He has stated that he might visit K state.

I agree 100% that WR is a definite need and I hope that Nebraska could somehow snag both Terry and Lucas-that would be sweet.

However, I really like that these kids are planning on taking most, if not all, of their visits before they commit somewhere. If the Huskers end up losing both to other schools then that's the way the recruiting cookie crumbles, but I would rather have a recruit take all his visits and then commit.

I agree 100% that WR is a definite need and I hope that Nebraska could somehow snag both Terry and Lucas-that would be sweet.

So I take it you no longer agree with your previous assessment:

All other positions the Huskers will be adequate with signing one at each position.

WR...Paul, Holt, Bell, Cooper, Gilleylen, Osborne = stocked.

Nebraska is situated in Nebraska. The fact that we are on top of his list is a great thing. The thing is no matter how stacked we are, we should take kids that have obvious talent. I wouldn't really call WR stacked as of right now since we are breaking in new receivers and don't know their talent level as of right now. I really hope that we pull this kid fast. I would praise Gilmore if he is able to do it.

Nebraska is situated in Nebraska. The fact that we are on top of his list is a great thing. The thing is no matter how stacked we are, we should take kids that have obvious talent. I wouldn't really call WR stacked as of right now since we are breaking in new receivers and don't know their talent level as of right now. I really hope that we pull this kid fast. I would praise Gilmore if he is able to do it.

Good call. j/k

But anyway I agree. It would be a huge get if we in fact got him

However, I really like that these kids are planning on taking most, if not all, of their visits before they commit somewhere. If the Huskers end up losing both to other schools then that's the way the recruiting cookie crumbles, but I would rather have a recruit take all his visits and then commit.

Why on earth would you want the recruits to take a bunch more visits to other schools after they visit us? We want them to commit early, keep recruiting them until signing day, and hope they don't take any more visits. Texas has over 20 early commits, and I can almost guarantee they wont be taking any other visits.

Why on earth would you want the recruits to take a bunch more visits to other schools after they visit us? We want them to commit early, keep recruiting them until signing day, and hope they don't take any more visits. Texas has over 20 early commits, and I can almost guarantee they wont be taking any other visits.

Cause if they're not 100% and want to take more visits then you let them. I'd rather have a kid take all his visits and be 100% sure he wants to be Husker than commit now and then switch down the line because he wonders what else is out there. If these kids commit early, we back off recruiting other players, then if these kids decommit we are put in a bad position.

Ya Texas has alot early commits but recruiting for the majority of country does not work that way. Texas is one the exceptions not the norm.

Cause if they're not 100% and want to take more visits then you let them. I'd rather have a kid take all his visits and be 100% sure he wants to be Husker than commit now and then switch down the line because he wonders what else is out there. If these kids commit early, we back off recruiting other players, then if these kids decommit we are put in a bad position.

Ya Texas has alot early commits but recruiting for the majority of country does not work that way. Texas is one the exceptions not the norm.

Right on BP, good to see you in another post. Good points, but when you have a kid like Terry that has visited other schools already, and he has been here twice, reel him in and get a commitment.

I should have said why on earth would you want Terry to take more visits. This kid has us at the top of his list, but there will be pressure from KU and Mizzou. Like I said before, his dad and his h.s school coach are both former KU players. Plus we won't stop recruiting other recivers once we get his commitment, as we need at least 2-3 in this class.

So I take it you no longer agree with your previous assessment:

All other positions the Huskers will be adequate with signing one at each position.

WR...Paul, Holt, Bell, Cooper, Gilleylen, Osborne = stocked.

If you look further down into the thread where you pulled up this quote you'd find a later post where I lined out my previous post and restated...

Hope that helps... <_<