ATH Keeston Terry

Ohio Pete

heard rumors that there are some problems with our staff when it comes to recruiting. Terry's decommitt is a reaction to this and Gabbert may be next.

Explain

Gabbert is on campus

“I've seen everything in terms of the facilities,” Gabbert said. “I've met with the coaches numerous times, so for me it's more a time to talk to the other committed players and the recruits who still need to be convinced.”

Link

That’s good to hear. I sure don’t want it to be true, but it’s what I hear this morning along with the stuff about Terry. So when I saw that comment from SC about Terry decommitting I thought I would pass along the rest of the rumor.

If so, maybe this plays out like the Young situation did. Hopefully in our favor this time. There is a lot of time between now and FEB.

As sad as this is to say, this may be what our coaching staff needed. Something needed to give them ALL a wakeup call to figure out just because they call up a recruit and say "This is NAME from Nebraska .." that a recruit is not going to be impressed on that alone.

Time for the higher ups to start holding people accountable for their actions, or lack thereof, and quit letting people glide thru their job. Recruiting isn't something you say, "I'll do it later" and expect to get results.

Hey Tom. Hey Bo. Hey Ted. This is reality knocking, wake up.

heard rumors that there are some problems with our staff when it comes to recruiting. Terry's decommitt is a reaction to this and Gabbert may be next.

Explain

Basically that the staff is at least lazy and at worst things are in complete choas when it comes to recruiting. Don’t know if a few bad apples or an overall attitude. Just internet rumor so take it for what it is worth.

But there has been a lot of comments from recruits about having a hard time getting in touch with our coaches.

I know that Owamagbe Odighizuwa had a problem getting in contact with the staff (i believe they missed one phone call) and one or two other player too, but I don't the staff is lazy with their recruiting or in complete chaos. I doubt we would have made it into so many kid's final lists if they were.

I know I am not speaking for the coaches, but while it is sad to see him go I am somewhat happy. I believe we are on to WRs that more dynamic players, and he just freed up a schollie for one of those players.

This may free up a schollie for another player but I think there is more to it than that. This is the second year in a row that a guy we really wanted switched from NU to KU. There is nooo reason why this should EVER happen. We have better facilities, better fans, better tradition, better gameday atmosphere. This is especially bad bc we lost him to a team that is quickly becoming one of, if not our biggest game every year. I love this staff to death but if we don't start recruiting better we'll always be a 9-4 team.

I understand that at least one of the coaches just had a baby and that's exciting and I understand wanting to spend time with your family. I remember Osborne saying many times that he appreciates his wife and kids so much bc he didn't get to see them very much and they were very understanding. Coaches, this is your damn job and I'm sure anyone would give their arms to be a coach for NU. If you don't want to work all year around you should have chosen a different profession.

I am not a happy Husker fan right now. What in the world is this staff thinking? Hard to get a hold of??? Are you kidding me?? This is a year round sport. It never stops. We have 4 recruits and everyone else in the Big 12 has many (except CU and ISU....don't tell me we've dropped that far).

I agree. I know it's only one player, but now our already tiny recruiting class just got tinier. There are fewer and fewer uncommitted players out there. I think our coaches need to get their sh.t together.

so i've already had a crappy week but this is the worst news soo far... WE have alll heard rumors Bo and Company is weak-sauce when it comes to recruiting.. but total chaos, not being accessable to recruits... some tiems i think we are too optomistic...

REALITY CHECK

we are a great top notch program but when everyone around us is pulling in recruits all around us (even lesser teams) you know something is wrong....

BO kicks ass but they gotta get their shizzz together with recruiting......

So has it been confirmed that Terry has decommitted then? the last few posts are making it sound that way.

I can't confirm anything. In fact, after the guy on the KU board posted the "call to Nebraska and commit to KU" comment a few people totally discredited what he said. I just spoke with a friend who said this guy has a strange history when it comes to posting on the KU message boards. All in all, I'm just scared with the way recruiting is going. Again, I can't confirm anything.