WR Marcus Lucas

Player: Marcus Lucas

Hometown: Liberty, Mo.

Position: WR

Height: 6'4"

Weight: 175 lbs.

40 time:

Visit Date:

Scholarships offered: Arkansas, Iowa, Kansas, Kansas State, Missouri, Nebraska, Oklahoma, Stanford, UCLA

Favorites: Missouri

Rankings/Stars:

Rivals: :star :star :star :star 5.8

Scout: :star :star :star :star #13 WR

ESPN: ESPN150 Watch List

Assessing the talent: (Rivals) Earned all-state honors as a sophomore. PERFORMANCE: Had six receptions for 69 yards and two touchdowns in a 60-41 loss to Raymore (Mo.) Raymore-Peculiar.

STRENGTHS: Lucas has the build of a college receiver already. He also showed flashes of speed when he caught the ball underneath and broke downfield. Showed amazing hands when he snagged a ball out of mid-air that was thrown behind him.

WEAKNESSES: Needs to learn how to get off the line better and defeat double-teams thrown his way. Did struggle a little early with a few drops, but later showed true form with acrobatic catches. – J.C.

Odds of becoming a Cornhusker: 10%. Another good WR from Kansas/Missouri area. Seems like Nebraska would be able to get one of these guys.

MARCUSLUCAS12_10200.JPG

His momma was a Tiger. He said he has always dreamed of wearing the black and gold.

Sorry Pete, this one is ours to lose ;)

His momma was a Tiger. He said he has always dreamed of wearing the black and gold.

How WRs are you guys taking? You already have Marquise Hill.

They only got 3 this class

we lost 4 to grad and draft this year. Our two top returning WR will be seniors and another 3 will be JRs.

So I would expect them to take atleast another 3 WR class. But 4 even 5 wouldnt surprises me. Okay maybe 5, but not 4 ;)

Man it seems to me that the staff really has a good jump on recruiting. We already had a pretty successful junior day which is a step ahead of where Callahan was even at at this time. It also appears that we are going to have a good number at the spring game which from what I have read will more than likely be another sell out.

Fro Daddy, you need to get over yourself. Your cockiness is starting to get really annoying.

Scholarships offered: Arkansas, Nebraska, Kansas State, Missouri, Oklahoma, Stanford, UCLA

well street,

I am pretty sure every else knows that I playing around. Ohio Pete knows. So I am sorry you are bothered by it. Most people 'get it' when the little winky guy gives you one of these ;)

And btw what I post on the recruits is taken from scout or rivals. I try to add to the board by updating player that I come across info on. Even those they have nothing to do with MU. if you would like, I can go and get the link to properly quote Lucas saying that he grew up wanting to play for MU.

Per Scout

“I obviously like Missouri.” said Lucas “My mom went there, if you didn’t know. I‘ve always liked Missouri growing up.”

Like many young Missourians, Lucas fantasized about donning the black and gold as a boy, and those memories are among the many things he finds attractive about Mizzou. “I like the coaches, the atmosphere.” said Lucas. “Just knowing I’ve always pictured myself in a Missouri uniform, and knowing that could be a reality.”

Hope thats not too cocky for ya <_<

time to offer him a better dream, then.

which is pretty much how mizzou acted during the 2008 season.

Damn OU just offered...looks like we are going to go up against them for a lot of our prospects this year.

great minds travel same lines, i guess.

Maybe so...this time.

All I can say is, enjoy keeping your best talent in state while it lasts because the Huskers are back. Pretty soon you Tiggers will be picking up our scraps from the recruiting table.

:box

:restore

:koolaid2:

:LOLtartar

Actually Marquise Hill is now Soft Verbal. Your friends in Manhattan apparently didn't stop recruiting him.

Rated Rivals.com 18th ranked WR.

Scout has him as #13 and shows Missouri as leading but in their last article he says he's wide open despite some saying Oklahoma and Missouri lead. He also has good things to say about Nebraska. Would be an impressive get for Nebraska.

ESPN's take:

Lucas is a smooth, long, lean wide receiving prospect with a wide catch radius and acrobatic playmaking ability. He possesses excellent height and is fleet of foot for such a tall player. He has great feet off the line, as a route runner and after the catch. Gets into routes quickly and has some flexible wiggle to his overall change-of-direction which makes it difficult for defenders to gauge his overall speed. Is very smooth into and out of his cuts and is fluid as a runner. The trait that sticks out about Lucas is his ability to quickly pluck the football away from his frame, tuck it and get upfield. He consistently extends away from the body to haul in passes and has quick hands. His height makes him dangerous downfield in contested match-ups, but couple that with his ability to attack and reach over his head and the outstretched arms of the defender and you have a guy that is really difficult to match-up with one-on-one. More (including video)

Rated Rivals.com 18th ranked WR.

Scout has him as #13 and shows Missouri as leading but in their last article he says he's wide open despite some saying Oklahoma and Missouri lead. He also has good things to say about Nebraska. Would be an impressive get for Nebraska.

ESPN's take:

Lucas is a smooth, long, lean wide receiving prospect with a wide catch radius and acrobatic playmaking ability. He possesses excellent height and is fleet of foot for such a tall player. He has great feet off the line, as a route runner and after the catch. Gets into routes quickly and has some flexible wiggle to his overall change-of-direction which makes it difficult for defenders to gauge his overall speed. Is very smooth into and out of his cuts and is fluid as a runner. The trait that sticks out about Lucas is his ability to quickly pluck the football away from his frame, tuck it and get upfield. He consistently extends away from the body to haul in passes and has quick hands. His height makes him dangerous downfield in contested match-ups, but couple that with his ability to attack and reach over his head and the outstretched arms of the defender and you have a guy that is really difficult to match-up with one-on-one. More (including video)

It sounds like of the two KC recievers, Lucas and Terry, Lucas is the better reciever.

It sounds like of the two KC recievers, Lucas and Terry, Lucas is the better reciever.

I'll take both.

Yeah, me too, but by reading their strengths and weakness, Lucus has a greater upside. Terry sounds like he needs alot of development before he would be ready to play Big 12 football. Sound like Lucas could play as a true freshman.

It really just blows my mind why we cant pull in a big time receiver. We run a pro style passing game and I would think the production of Swift, Peterson, and Purify would make recruits take notice, but still nothing. We took one receiver last year and early playing time is obviously a huge selling point for us but for some reason they still dont take NU seriously for some reason. Okie St, OU, Mizzou, Texas, KU all had good offenses and it seems like that's all they talk about and the fact that we have had pretty damn good offenses in the past few years gets lost in the shuffle.

Tyler was asked on 1620 about recruiting others and the only person he mentioned by name was Marcus Lucas...

Hopefully he helps pull him in!

Tyler was asked on 1620 about recruiting others and the only person he mentioned by name was Marcus Lucas...

Oh man, if Nebraska is able to snag Lucas that would be quite a recruiting coup in my opinion.

To cherry pick three of the best high school prospects from state of Missouri...fantastic.

I won't hold my breath though...we landed Terry and Gabbert...it seems like hoping for Lucas would be too much to ask for.

But there's a long way to go between now and LOI signing day.

Oh man, if Nebraska is able to snag Lucas that would be quite a recruiting coup in my opinion.

To cherry pick three of the best high school prospects from state of Missouri...fantastic.

I won't hold my breath though...we landed Terry and Gabbert...it seems like hoping for Lucas would be too much to ask for.

How much interest does Lucas really have with NU though? not to be a downer but even when we got Terry it didn't seem to change much with him coming here. I really hope Lucas gives us a good look he'd have a great chance to play early and set some records here even.

How much interest does Lucas really have with NU though? not to be a downer but even when we got Terry it didn't seem to change much with him coming here. I really hope Lucas gives us a good look he'd have a great chance to play early and set some records here even.

He would not have visited if he wasn't interested. With him being buddies with Terry and Gabbert, that only increases the chance that we get him

Ok Jen, you gotta answer me this. I agree with you that they're the best three in Missouri, but where does Demien fit into the picture? Do you have any insight on his abilities and whether he'd have a shot to crack the Mizzou top 3?

Ok Jen, you gotta answer me this. I agree with you that they're the best three in Missouri, but where does Demien fit into the picture? Do you have any insight on his abilities and whether he'd have a shot to crack the Mizzou top 3?

Isn't Chase Rome from Mizzou too. He would have to be top three ahead of Gabbert and Terry at this point just going by the rankings.

Fellas, look at her quote again. She never said Terry, Lucas, and Gabbert were THE 3 best, rather she is saying that they are 3 OF the best. Big difference.

He recently was offered by Iowa State after camping there.

hhhmmm, I won't hold my breath on that one....

Who knows he might be a fan :dunno

QB Jared Barnett committed to Iowa State and no one saw that coming.

What is so unbelievable about that?

Do you not understand English? I just said no one predicted him going there. People shouldn't write off Iowa State just because they have been in a rough patch recently. It wasn't too long ago they were challenging for a North division title.

Do you not understand English? I just said no one predicted him going there. People shouldn't write off Iowa State just because they have been in a rough patch recently. It wasn't too long ago they were challenging for a North division title.

Is he considered a 'hidden gem'? Just curious why no one predicted him to go there. I am by no means a recruiting guru :dunno

He does not appear to have much interest from D1 schools.... but i suppose scout and rivals are not quite as omniscient as they would like us to believe.....:dunno

Is he considered a 'hidden gem'? Just curious why no one predicted him to go there. I am by no means a recruiting guru :dunno

He does not appear to have much interest from D1 schools.... but i suppose scout and rivals are not quite as omniscient as they would like us to believe.....:dunno

This is not on the ISU board for Rivals or Scout.

Someone is obviously having a bad day.

I didn't know anyone thought it was a shocker Barnett committed to ISU. But thanks for the info? :dunno

And no top flight kid in their right mind is going to ISU. You can completely write them off. That program is in shambles and will continue to be.

Someone is obviously having a bad day.

I didn't know anyone thought it was a shocker Barnett committed to ISU. But thanks for the info? :dunno

And no top flight kid in their right mind is going to ISU. You can completely write them off. That program is in shambles and will continue to be.

Craig Brackins. Their basketball program is just as weak as their football

This is not on the ISU board for Rivals or Scout.

Correction

On both boards now.

So our son goes to Liberty High School, same as Marcus. Yesterday at lunch Mike sat at table away from Marcus, some kids were asking Marcus who was still looking at him. He said MU, KU, KState, OU, Neb was, and Tenn. One of the kids asked him if he was going to go to MU, he said Hell No! As of right now, he said he is going to OU.

Kind of funny how he said Neb "was" looking at him...

Marcus Lucas says he grew up following Missouri. “It’s great over there,” Lucas said. “I’ve been there so many times I feel at home there. They are starting to rebuild. They lost a lot of guys last year, but I’ve seen a lot of positives from them this season. I’ve been impressed with how they’ve played and think they’ll get back on top.” Lucas says he’ll make his decision after his visits.

Lucas says Missouri is his favorite.

Nebraska's not even on his short list. Most think it's between Mizzou and Stanford. And his Momma - a former Mizzou basketball player - isn't going to want to fly to California every week to see her boy.