Ohio Pete

Player: Marcus Lucas

Hometown: Liberty, Mo.

Position: WR

Height: 6'4"

Weight: 175 lbs.

40 time:

Visit Date:

Scholarships offered: Arkansas, Iowa, Kansas, Kansas State, Missouri, Nebraska, Oklahoma, Stanford, UCLA

Favorites: Missouri

Rankings/Stars:

Rivals: :star :star :star :star 5.8

Scout: :star :star :star :star #13 WR

ESPN: ESPN150 Watch List

Assessing the talent: (Rivals) Earned all-state honors as a sophomore. PERFORMANCE: Had six receptions for 69 yards and two touchdowns in a 60-41 loss to Raymore (Mo.) Raymore-Peculiar.

STRENGTHS: Lucas has the build of a college receiver already. He also showed flashes of speed when he caught the ball underneath and broke downfield. Showed amazing hands when he snagged a ball out of mid-air that was thrown behind him.

WEAKNESSES: Needs to learn how to get off the line better and defeat double-teams thrown his way. Did struggle a little early with a few drops, but later showed true form with acrobatic catches. – J.C.

Odds of becoming a Cornhusker: 10%. Another good WR from Kansas/Missouri area. Seems like Nebraska would be able to get one of these guys.

MARCUSLUCAS12_10200.JPG

His momma was a Tiger. He said he has always dreamed of wearing the black and gold.

Sorry Pete, this one is ours to lose ;)

How WRs are you guys taking? You already have Marquise Hill.

They only got 3 this class

we lost 4 to grad and draft this year. Our two top returning WR will be seniors and another 3 will be JRs.

So I would expect them to take atleast another 3 WR class. But 4 even 5 wouldnt surprises me. Okay maybe 5, but not 4 ;)

Man it seems to me that the staff really has a good jump on recruiting. We already had a pretty successful junior day which is a step ahead of where Callahan was even at at this time. It also appears that we are going to have a good number at the spring game which from what I have read will more than likely be another sell out.

well street,

I am pretty sure every else knows that I playing around. Ohio Pete knows. So I am sorry you are bothered by it. Most people 'get it' when the little winky guy gives you one of these ;)

And btw what I post on the recruits is taken from scout or rivals. I try to add to the board by updating player that I come across info on. Even those they have nothing to do with MU. if you would like, I can go and get the link to properly quote Lucas saying that he grew up wanting to play for MU.

Per Scout

“I obviously like Missouri.” said Lucas “My mom went there, if you didn’t know. I‘ve always liked Missouri growing up.”

Like many young Missourians, Lucas fantasized about donning the black and gold as a boy, and those memories are among the many things he finds attractive about Mizzou. “I like the coaches, the atmosphere.” said Lucas. “Just knowing I’ve always pictured myself in a Missouri uniform, and knowing that could be a reality.”

Hope thats not too cocky for ya <_<

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

His momma was a Tiger. He said he has always dreamed of wearing the black and gold.

Sorry Pete, this one is ours to lose ;)

Maybe so...this time.

All I can say is, enjoy keeping your best talent in state while it lasts because the Huskers are back. Pretty soon you Tiggers will be picking up our scraps from the recruiting table.

:box

:restore

:koolaid2:

:LOLtartar