WR Marcus Lucas

Ohio Pete

His momma was a Tiger. He said he has always dreamed of wearing the black and gold.

Sorry Pete, this one is ours to lose ;)

How WRs are you guys taking? You already have Marquise Hill.

Actually Marquise Hill is now Soft Verbal. Your friends in Manhattan apparently didn't stop recruiting him.

• 4 weeks later...

Rated Rivals.com 18th ranked WR.

Scout has him as #13 and shows Missouri as leading but in their last article he says he's wide open despite some saying Oklahoma and Missouri lead. He also has good things to say about Nebraska. Would be an impressive get for Nebraska.

ESPN's take:

Lucas is a smooth, long, lean wide receiving prospect with a wide catch radius and acrobatic playmaking ability. He possesses excellent height and is fleet of foot for such a tall player. He has great feet off the line, as a route runner and after the catch. Gets into routes quickly and has some flexible wiggle to his overall change-of-direction which makes it difficult for defenders to gauge his overall speed. Is very smooth into and out of his cuts and is fluid as a runner. The trait that sticks out about Lucas is his ability to quickly pluck the football away from his frame, tuck it and get upfield. He consistently extends away from the body to haul in passes and has quick hands. His height makes him dangerous downfield in contested match-ups, but couple that with his ability to attack and reach over his head and the outstretched arms of the defender and you have a guy that is really difficult to match-up with one-on-one. More (including video)

Rated Rivals.com 18th ranked WR.

Scout has him as #13 and shows Missouri as leading but in their last article he says he's wide open despite some saying Oklahoma and Missouri lead. He also has good things to say about Nebraska. Would be an impressive get for Nebraska.

ESPN's take:

Lucas is a smooth, long, lean wide receiving prospect with a wide catch radius and acrobatic playmaking ability. He possesses excellent height and is fleet of foot for such a tall player. He has great feet off the line, as a route runner and after the catch. Gets into routes quickly and has some flexible wiggle to his overall change-of-direction which makes it difficult for defenders to gauge his overall speed. Is very smooth into and out of his cuts and is fluid as a runner. The trait that sticks out about Lucas is his ability to quickly pluck the football away from his frame, tuck it and get upfield. He consistently extends away from the body to haul in passes and has quick hands. His height makes him dangerous downfield in contested match-ups, but couple that with his ability to attack and reach over his head and the outstretched arms of the defender and you have a guy that is really difficult to match-up with one-on-one. More (including video)

It sounds like of the two KC recievers, Lucas and Terry, Lucas is the better reciever.

It sounds like of the two KC recievers, Lucas and Terry, Lucas is the better reciever.

I'll take both.

Yeah, me too, but by reading their strengths and weakness, Lucus has a greater upside. Terry sounds like he needs alot of development before he would be ready to play Big 12 football. Sound like Lucas could play as a true freshman.

It really just blows my mind why we cant pull in a big time receiver. We run a pro style passing game and I would think the production of Swift, Peterson, and Purify would make recruits take notice, but still nothing. We took one receiver last year and early playing time is obviously a huge selling point for us but for some reason they still dont take NU seriously for some reason. Okie St, OU, Mizzou, Texas, KU all had good offenses and it seems like that's all they talk about and the fact that we have had pretty damn good offenses in the past few years gets lost in the shuffle.

• 4 weeks later...

Tyler was asked on 1620 about recruiting others and the only person he mentioned by name was Marcus Lucas...

Hopefully he helps pull him in!

Oh man, if Nebraska is able to snag Lucas that would be quite a recruiting coup in my opinion.

To cherry pick three of the best high school prospects from state of Missouri...fantastic.

I won't hold my breath though...we landed Terry and Gabbert...it seems like hoping for Lucas would be too much to ask for.

But there's a long way to go between now and LOI signing day.

Tyler was asked on 1620 about recruiting others and the only person he mentioned by name was Marcus Lucas...

Oh man, if Nebraska is able to snag Lucas that would be quite a recruiting coup in my opinion.

To cherry pick three of the best high school prospects from state of Missouri...fantastic.

I won't hold my breath though...we landed Terry and Gabbert...it seems like hoping for Lucas would be too much to ask for.

How much interest does Lucas really have with NU though? not to be a downer but even when we got Terry it didn't seem to change much with him coming here. I really hope Lucas gives us a good look he'd have a great chance to play early and set some records here even.

How much interest does Lucas really have with NU though? not to be a downer but even when we got Terry it didn't seem to change much with him coming here. I really hope Lucas gives us a good look he'd have a great chance to play early and set some records here even.

He would not have visited if he wasn't interested. With him being buddies with Terry and Gabbert, that only increases the chance that we get him