WR Marcus Lucas

Ohio Pete

QB Jared Barnett committed to Iowa State and no one saw that coming.

What is so unbelievable about that?

Do you not understand English? I just said no one predicted him going there. People shouldn't write off Iowa State just because they have been in a rough patch recently. It wasn't too long ago they were challenging for a North division title.

Is he considered a 'hidden gem'? Just curious why no one predicted him to go there. I am by no means a recruiting guru :dunno

He does not appear to have much interest from D1 schools.... but i suppose scout and rivals are not quite as omniscient as they would like us to believe.....:dunno

This is not on the ISU board for Rivals or Scout.

Correction

On both boards now.

• 2 months later...

So our son goes to Liberty High School, same as Marcus. Yesterday at lunch Mike sat at table away from Marcus, some kids were asking Marcus who was still looking at him. He said MU, KU, KState, OU, Neb was, and Tenn. One of the kids asked him if he was going to go to MU, he said Hell No! As of right now, he said he is going to OU.

Kind of funny how he said Neb "was" looking at him...

• 2 months later...

Marcus Lucas says he grew up following Missouri. “It’s great over there,” Lucas said. “I’ve been there so many times I feel at home there. They are starting to rebuild. They lost a lot of guys last year, but I’ve seen a lot of positives from them this season. I’ve been impressed with how they’ve played and think they’ll get back on top.” Lucas says he’ll make his decision after his visits.

Lucas says Missouri is his favorite.

Nebraska's not even on his short list. Most think it's between Mizzou and Stanford. And his Momma - a former Mizzou basketball player - isn't going to want to fly to California every week to see her boy.

I don't think anyone said Nebraska was on his short list . . . unless I missed something.

:yeah

No one said we were.

I wish Lucas was interested in the Big Red. My guess from what he said about the Tiggers is that he will likely end up there unfortunately. Obviously he is the best prospect at WR available, though Sasser is not far off of him imo. I believe if Misery gets one or both of them that it will be more reason for Tyler Gabbert to commit. I saw that he had decided not to come for his official this Sat. and most think he will be going to MU's game. If your girlfriend goes somewhere else on prom night, you just may not have a girlfriend. Just sayin.

If Green is going to be a 4 year starter, we don't really need Gabbert anyway but we should get at least one QB in this class as a backup in case Spano can't go and then really try hard next year to land a top QB to take over when Green is finished.

I would bet the staff is lining up a fall back position for when Gabbert bolts.

I wish Lucas was interested in the Big Red. My guess from what he said about the Tiggers is that he will likely end up there unfortunately. Obviously he is the best prospect at WR available, though Sasser is not far off of him imo. I believe if Misery gets one or both of them that it will be more reason for Tyler Gabbert to commit. I saw that he had decided not to come for his official this Sat. and most think he will be going to MU's game. If your girlfriend goes somewhere else on prom night, you just may not have a girlfriend. Just sayin.

If Green is going to be a 4 year starter, we don't really need Gabbert anyway but we should get at least one QB in this class as a backup in case Spano can't go and then really try hard next year to land a top QB to take over when Green is finished.

I would bet the staff is lining up a fall back position for when Gabbert bolts.

re: Gabbert. I still don't think he wants to back up his big brother again, nor does he want to compete with the Beast that is James Franklin. He also had offers from Oregon and Iowa - 2 schools flying pretty high at the moment.

Ya that would really, really suck if mizzou got both sasser and lucas, both guys we were going after. however, I still don't understand all this talk about mizzou being more attractive bc of playing time than NU. true blaine will be a junior by the time tyler will get on campus redshirt and he COULD start for three years. however if playing time is mostly what he's concerned about then why in the hell would you switch to a school where they already have a four star qb from a school that you are their only qb recruit? even if green starts for the next three years, gabbert comes in redshirts and is 99% guarenteed to start for two years. at mizzou he'd battle every year to possibly gain an extra year as starter. doesn't seem too smart to me.

Who knows? But I'm sure that Tyler might see it easier to compete with a kid in the same class and take a chance on taking over for his brother with 3 years of eligibility. Though the older Gabbert has not shown a lot to this point, he has been hurt. I would not doubt that the family is thinking that it is possible that he will go to the NFL after next year if it is a big year. The kid has a better arm I think that Freeman did. They will have a better offensive line next year and so I could see a possibility of being a high draft choice. The NFL doesn't look at records or wins obviously. So if he would leave after next year, Tyler would only be competing with someone in the same class for taking over. Obviously they don't have anyone else or they would have played him in our game and the Texas game.

And a lot will depend on if it looks like Watson is on thin ice. If this team loses more games other than OU, Bo may be wanting to bring in someone else, since it was T0's idea to keep Wats.

At any rate I hope we have another QB as an insurance policy lined up in case Tyler flees. If the staff plays Green the rest of the way at least we know if we are seeing some improvement or whether to get really worried. :)