WR Marcus Lucas

Ohio Pete

Ya this is a pretty odd statement considering he never made an official and I'm sure he had several chances given his location and the amount of games we had in the afternoon/night. I would absolutely love to get him in here though. If we can hold on to Carter, add Lucas and Hill and add Green next year we would have some serious firepower going forward.

I don't know how we made Marcus' top five, but we seem to have shown very little public interest in the guy. We should get in on him. Most in Mizzou consider him a superior prospect to Keeston Terry.

Everyone that I know that has seen them both say that Terry is not in Lucas's league as a WR

That's what I've been hearing Fro. Although NU made the top five, most people think it is down to you guys and OU for his services right?

Thats been the word for a while. Stanford has come in as of late and could be a player. I am not as sold as a lot of other MU fans are about him being a lock. I have seen it play out like this before with an instate kid that was for sure a MU lock but never gave a verbal. Then come signing day he goes with another team.

Although the big rumor is that he is not giving his verbal because he wants to announce during the Army AA game.

• 3 weeks later...

Ya that would really, really suck if mizzou got both sasser and lucas, both guys we were going after. however, I still don't understand all this talk about mizzou being more attractive bc of playing time than NU. true blaine will be a junior by the time tyler will get on campus redshirt and he COULD start for three years. however if playing time is mostly what he's concerned about then why in the hell would you switch to a school where they already have a four star qb from a school that you are their only qb recruit? even if green starts for the next three years, gabbert comes in redshirts and is 99% guarenteed to start for two years. at mizzou he'd battle every year to possibly gain an extra year as starter. doesn't seem too smart to me.

Well it's now happened. Lucas and Sasser have both now committed to Mizzou. Terry is visiting MU today as well, although I expect him to stay with his ku commit. There is one spot left open which is being reserved for Curtis Carter.

MU fans are sure talking the recruiting smack. You'd think they would have learned their lesson from the way our "best" class turned out.

Do you believe that just because Nebraska failed to properly utilize their recruiting class, that means others schools would do the same thing?

Practically speaking MU fans are excited because the football program has come a long ways with the middle of the pack recruiting classes they've had the last 4-6 years. To have something like this naturally gets them excited. Let's face it NU fans would still be overjoyed to have a great recruiting class regardless of whats happened in the past.

Does this guarantee future success for Mizzou? Certainly not, but it is something to look forward to since this year's football season is almost over.

MU fans are sure talking the recruiting smack. You'd think they would have learned their lesson from the way our "best" class turned out.

I see the same tired junk from the MU class. A lot of offensive prowess but no defense. You would think they would have learned that they need to load up on D, because their offense struggles when someone hits them in the face.

Sasser is a lost, and Franklin is supposed to be good, but I really don't see anyone else on their team that can really hurt us.

I see the same tired junk from the MU class. A lot of offensive prowess but no defense. You would think they would have learned that they need to load up on D, because their offense struggles when someone hits them in the face.

Sasser is a lost, and Franklin is supposed to be good, but I really don't see anyone else on their team that can really hurt us.

Offense won the game two years ago in Lincoln, when MU's defense was utterly terrible (worse than it was this year). As it stands now MU has taken 8 defensive prospects in this class, along with two athletes who may just end up on the defensive side of the ball. I don't expect MU to have a top 10 defense anytime in the future but just having a decent defense should be good enough to win most games considering the offensive firepower projected in the next couple of years.

Offense won the game two years ago in Lincoln, when MU's defense was utterly terrible (worse than it was this year). As it stands now MU has taken 8 defensive prospects in this class, along with two athletes who may just end up on the defensive side of the ball. I don't expect MU to have a top 10 defense anytime in the future but just having a decent defense should be good enough to win most games considering the offensive firepower projected in the next couple of years.

You can't compare the defense we had two years ago, with the direction our defense is currently headed. I honestly believe they are going to continue to struggle against defenses that hit them in the mouth. They need more than a decent defense because with their best team in '07 they still were not able to win the big 12.

Do you believe that just because Nebraska failed to properly utilize their recruiting class, that means others schools would do the same thing?

Practically speaking MU fans are excited because the football program has come a long ways with the middle of the pack recruiting classes they've had the last 4-6 years. To have something like this naturally gets them excited. Let's face it NU fans would still be overjoyed to have a great recruiting class regardless of whats happened in the past.

Does this guarantee future success for Mizzou? Certainly not, but it is something to look forward to since this year's football season is almost over.

First, yes. I think it is very likely that Pinkel will fail to properly utilize his recruiting class. Second, why is Pinkel after all of these offensive skill position players? Aren't you deep there already? (14 receivers . . . and 4 more coming in with this class?! I'm wondering what the strategy is when over 20% of your scholarships go to receivers. This seems very poorly planned to me.) Isn't your defense the weakest part of your team?

I'm happy for MU fans that they are all excited over a recruiting ranking . . . I'm just remembering when a much higher rated class was largely a bust at NU. Also, I'm willing to bet that this class doesn't end up as successful as Daniel, Maclin, Coffman, etc. (And I'm also guessing that those guys were ranked lower.)

Does it guarantee future success for Mizzou? Certainly not. That I can agree with. I'd be more worried about coaching and defense than recruiting if I were a Missouri fan.

why is Pinkel after all of these offensive skill position players? Aren't you deep there already? (14 receivers . . . and 4 more coming in with this class?! I'm wondering what the strategy is when over 20% of your scholarships go to receivers. This seems very poorly planned to me.) Isn't your defense the weakest part of your team?

Been saying this exact thing the whole time.