WR Marcus Lucas

Ohio Pete

Personally I am pretty impressed with what they have got on the offensive side of the ball. Demien, Lucas, Sasser, Franklin all seem to be excellent players that could very well end up just like Alexander. They also seem to be recruiting pretty decent in the defensive backfield, which is where I see a four star and some ath. that also could project to the secondary. What I don't see in this class or a lot of the other classes they get is a very big empahsis on O and D lines. I'm pretty fearful about their O skill players and anyone just assuming they won't pan out is just sour that we don't have the quantity they have for O skill players. Lucas and Sasser will be excellent receivers. Maclin good? Not many are so that just isn't a favorable comparison.

Personally I am pretty impressed with what they have got on the offensive side of the ball. Demien, Lucas, Sasser, Franklin all seem to be excellent players that could very well end up just like Alexander. They also seem to be recruiting pretty decent in the defensive backfield, which is where I see a four star and some ath. that also could project to the secondary. What I don't see in this class or a lot of the other classes they get is a very big empahsis on O and D lines. I'm pretty fearful about their O skill players and anyone just assuming they won't pan out is just sour that we don't have the quantity they have for O skill players. Lucas and Sasser will be excellent receivers. Maclin good? Not many are so that just isn't a favorable comparison.

I agree. I personally hate it when other big 12 schools, especially in the north, get recruits we're in on, but I'm not going to bash either the kids or their schools of choice. Are all these kids going to be all Americans? Probably not. But let's be real here. I think our staff would love any one of these WR's. Just my 2 cents.

Did Stills committing to OU play a factor here, have to wonder? Anyway, I like a lot of the players MU has right now. I don't however see big push on the D-Line, fro or mu can you give me your thoughts on that area? I see some nice athletes to play in the back end of the D, but without a good D-Line that may be moot. Demien looks to be a good one, congrats. I see why MU didn't go heavy on O-line since they return 4 starters and I think they all have another 2 years at least to play at MU. They are pretty good there. Overall very heavy on the skill positions, hopefully for MU fans the lack of attention on the D-Line doesn't kill the efforts.

Did Stills committing to OU play a factor here, have to wonder? Anyway, I like a lot of the players MU has right now. I don't however see big push on the D-Line, fro or mu can you give me your thoughts on that area? I see some nice athletes to play in the back end of the D, but without a good D-Line that may be moot. Demien looks to be a good one, congrats. I see why MU didn't go heavy on O-line since they return 4 starters and I think they all have another 2 years at least to play at MU. They are pretty good there. Overall very heavy on the skill positions, hopefully for MU fans the lack of attention on the D-Line doesn't kill the efforts.

They are fairly young along the DL as well. Plus they have 2 non-qualifiers from last year that should be coming in as well. Ty Phillips and Richardson. Phillips is a possible for spring but most likely he will be in over the summer and Richardson is scheduled for next January.

As for this years DL, of the 5 DE's that saw good time, there was one SR, one Soph and 3 RSFRESH. On the inside it was 1 SR, 1 JR & 2 Soph. Plus Aldon Smith (RS FRESH) plays on the inside as well from his DE spot on passing downs.

Another thing to remember is Mu plays mostly with 2 LB's and 1 hy-brid. So a bigger safety will ussually play that hy-brid spot. Thus a bigger need for DB over LB's. That and overall our LB core is still young also. MU has one of the youngest, if not the youngest roster in major college football this year. Whole lotta Freshmen and Sophs on our 2 deep

They are fairly young along the DL as well. Plus they have 2 non-qualifiers from last year that should be coming in as well. Ty Phillips and Richardson. Phillips is a possible for spring but most likely he will be in over the summer and Richardson is scheduled for next January.

As for this years DL, of the 5 DE's that saw good time, there was one SR, one Soph and 3 RSFRESH. On the inside it was 1 SR, 1 JR & 2 Soph. Plus Aldon Smith (RS FRESH) plays on the inside as well from his DE spot on passing downs.

Another thing to remember is Mu plays mostly with 2 LB's and 1 hy-brid. So a bigger safety will ussually play that hy-brid spot. Thus a bigger need for DB over LB's. That and overall our LB core is still young also. MU has one of the youngest, if not the youngest roster in major college football this year. Whole lotta Freshmen and Sophs on our 2 deep

If they were non-qualifiers, I think they need 2 years of JUCO before they can get back in. I'm not sure if it's an AA or some number of credit hours or what. Anybody know for sure?

If they were non-qualifiers, I think they need 2 years of JUCO before they can get back in. I'm not sure if it's an AA or some number of credit hours or what. Anybody know for sure?

its credits. Phillips went to prep school. Richardson a JUCO. So Phillips can come in the follow year. And Richardsons best case would be next January.

A JuCo kid just needs to complete his class load and he can enroll for the spring after 1 1/2 years

I know that you really have to be careful what JUCO credits will transfer from a juco to a university. But if you have a 2 year AA degree the university has to accept your credits. Whether they accept them as what they are or not is up to them, but they have to accept them as at least elective credits.

That is why coaches encourage you to get the 2 year degree.

I know that you really have to be careful what JUCO credits will transfer from a juco to a university. But if you have a 2 year AA degree the university has to accept your credits. Whether they accept them as what they are or not is up to them, but they have to accept them as at least elective credits.

very true. So schools will help you plan your schedule so that you can qualify and get in ASAP. But that is a careful line of class work that includes a high load of credits

very true. So schools will help you plan your schedule so that you can qualify and get in ASAP. But that is a careful line of class work that includes a high load of credits

Usually several summer classes and such.

It's sort of a bittersweet thing. I don't like MU, just because... they are our enemy.

But I think Mizzou is going to be a major player from here on... They may not be BCS caliber every year, but they are going to challenge for the north many years. And most likely make the random BCS bowl if things fall into place. (2011?). This is good for Everyone in the Big12, as we need to see power more evenly dispersed.

Kansas and Colorado? who knows what happens there. I think Kansas is in a better position to become a big player. Colorado is sunk right now and will be for awhile, they have lost a lot of support.

Assuming we don't lose anyone to the big 10(11,12,14,16), I think the North is in a position to make up some ground on the South.

actually mu really loaded up on OL this class, have seen demien, no 1 player in state, and gatti play and both are huge linemen who can move plus a kid from a smaller school in tx that is more impressive than the other two, so with the excellent OL from last class and two starting tackles they are loaded. loaded up with hybrid safety/lbers plus corners this class plus no 2 player in Kony ealy for DE. Had 7 of top 10 players in state so that is an outstanding job. plus the two outstanding qb's and they filled their needs with phillips coming in for spring and his question was sat score which he reportedly passed, he is an outstanding DT.

my question is NU brought in quite a few good players but didn't address teh poor wr corps or qb or rb depth, the skill players needed to upgrad a bad offensive unit? Any more on the horizen?

Well it's the rare freshman that can address those issues. There are of course exceptions, but you are recruiting for your needs a couple of years out. If there is really a problem for next year at WR or QB (there is no RB issue), the answer has just finished his JUCO season. Since we haven't seen a bunch of offers in that area, I'm going to guess they aren't too worried.

Signed the Number 7 running back in Braylon Heard might have helped with RB depth. Quincy Enunwa is a steal from California and will be a playmaking WR. Quarterback will have to be solved by Freshmen Cody Green next year stepping up. We are in the driver seat for a stud QB in Jamaal Turner for next years class.

Our needs are different than MU needs. They need all the offensive firepower to keep up on the scoreboard. We need a few playmakers to go with a solid young line we have been building.

2011's class is looking downright scary for us. With two verbal from potential 5 star lineman and a possibility at Westerman, Green, and Turner. In a few years our offense might be able to keep up with our monster defense.

Quincy E. is a WR and has been evaluated (I think Jeremy Crabtree of Rivals) as the steal of the B12. Gotta kid from NE, Tyler Evans, who is kind of a mystery. Could be very good or could be a bust. This season he was the team's QB and a DB. But we certainly could use a few more.

None of us are certain where NU's offensive philosophy is going. Bo has stated that he wants a more power offense than what he have, but how much more power? Watson wants to return to last year's offense, which was anything but power.

Point is, the offensive philosophy will determine the type of WR we want......field stretcher or perimeter blockers. Least that's how I see it.