QB Tyler Gabbert

Player: Tyler Gabbert

Hometown: Ballwin, MO

Position: QB

Height: 6'0"

Weight: 190 lbs.

40 time: 4.68

Visit Date: 6/03

Scholarships: Colorado State, Indiana, Iowa, Iowa State, Kansas, Nebraska, Missouri, Oregon, Wake Forest, Wyoming

Favorites: Missouri

COMMITTED TO MISSOURI

Rivals: :star:star:star:star

Scout: :star:star:star:star

ESPN: Top 150 Watchlist

Yes, we are all familiar with his older brother. just thought I would post this anyway

word was at one time, *this* was the gabbert boy to watch and that his skills would pay the bills.

unfortunately, nebraska has... what... a half-dozen potential quarterbacks? heck, martinez was recruited as an 'athlete' but it sounds like he'll try to get some reps as a quarterback, also.

i'm thinking he may go elsewhere.

With all our current QB's over 6'2'' and at or over 210lbs., this one seems kind of small

Not sure when that measurement is from. Could grow some more over the course of this year. Has Missouri as High interest on Scout.

Do you think Drew Brees and Jeff Garcia are too small to play quarterback?

Just meant that he's a different mold than what's currently on our roster, that's all. Never said he was too small to play.

Tyler is just a much smaller version of his brother. Same arm strength, same speed.

If the kid hits a little growth spurt he will have offers from everyone.

attending Husker practice the past two days

Nice, keep showing him Latravius spraying it all over the field and he'll think he can move up the depth chart immediately.

attending Husker practice the past two days

Nice, keep showing him Latravius spraying it all over the field and he'll think he can move up the depth chart immediately.

I doubt he looks at a JR LB switched to QB, as his main competition. But I see what you are getting at.

i guess Blaine didn't have a good spring game.... he only played 7 snaps, but had 2 INTs, and a couple more that could've/should've been picked off :)

attended Missouri's Spring Game

Not sure where you got your information but it wrong!

http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/sports/st...7D?OpenDocument

Part of the story in summary:

After completing 44 of 66 passes for 439 yards, three touchdowns and one interception in MU's other two scrimmages, Gabbert on Saturday hit just nine of 17 for 93 yards with no touchdowns and one glaring interception.

After completing 44 of 66 passes for 439 yards, three touchdowns and one interception in MU's other two scrimmages, Gabbert on Saturday hit just nine of 17 for 93 yards with no touchdowns and one glaring interception.

I think you quoted the wrong person. Tyler Gabbert did attend Missouri's Spring Game.

i heard it from 2 mu fans that were at the game, im halfway confident that the writers wrong

Your halfway confident and your two mu fans that were at the game must not have been watching. Hey when I go the games I get distracted by the Golden Girls too.

Hers another link showing his stats from the Kansas City Star, but them I'm sure you will claim this writer is wrong also.

http://www.kansascity.com/167/story/1149734.html

Again the stats only show 1 interception.

Will probably decide in the next month or so....might revisit Lincoln with mother (always a good sign).

Wants to decide before he loses his spot at the school he wants.

According to chatter on some mizzou boards...it seems that they think he will end up somewhere else.

They state the that they have already taken a QB in this class plus his desire to play early.

They think it maybe NU/Iowa and then MU in third.

Just another prospective, FWIW.

well if he commits early to NU then i will have to wait until signing day to really count him as a solid commit.

Just like the rest of the recruiting class.

Over on RSS the resident insider really thinks Gabbert will be our qb-commit.

This wouldn't surprise me. Word is that he likes us, Iowa, and Mizzou. Mizzou obviously has their quarterback situation settled for the near future. Word is Iowa would sell ISU if only A.J. Derby would commit. That makes us a likely contender, plus it seems Little Gab has a pretty solid relationship with Shawn Watson. It'll be interesting to see what he decides to do.

Him being from Mizzou and playing qb I hope he gets in the ears of Lucas and Terry. I hope all the talk about how Tyler is better than Blaine wasnt just sour feelings toward Blaine and actual valid information.

im hearing that he will be committing any time now!

supposedly tonight or tomorow.

Hearing from whom?

are you one of those, "i need a link" guys?

if so, im sorry but i do not have a link and i do not care to explain from whom.

i dont typically put this kinda stuff up but it is just something that appears pretty set in stone at this point so i posted it.

Hearing from whom?

if so, im sorry but i do not have a link and i do not care to explain from whom.

i dont typically put this kinda stuff up but it is just something that appears pretty set in stone at this point so i posted it.

No, I'm not one of those guys. Don't get jumpy on me. :lol:

Maybe you know the kid. Maybe you know someone who knows him. Maybe rivals message boards are buzzing. We'll find if you're right sooner or later, but it's nice to know where the info is coming from, whether its 'grounded' or just someone aiming for a lucky guess. Context is all I'm curious about.

Hearing from whom?

No, I'm not one of those guys. Don't get jumpy on me. :lol:

Maybe you know the kid. Maybe you know someone who knows him. Maybe rivals message boards are buzzing. We'll find if you're right sooner or later, but it's nice to know where the info is coming from, whether its 'grounded' or just someone aiming for a lucky guess. Context is all I'm curious about.

my bad then, i just see people jump on people all of the time for posting without a link. i know someone that lives in the same area and he said people are starting to talk about it down there as well as having seen it starting to pop up on a couple husker boards and mizzou boards....

i dont know that it is 100% true but that is a lot of sources for me to doubt it....

technically that talk was going on before big brother decommitted.....

Yep, Blaine got hurt early in his senior year, and little bro came in as a sophmore and moved the ball better than big bro before he got hurt. The fact is, Blaine only got his stars from camps, and has never really done much on the field.

technically that talk was going on before big brother decommitted.....

Yep, Blaine got hurt early in his senior year, and little bro came in as a sophmore and moved the ball better than big bro before he got hurt. The fact is, Blaine only got his stars from camps, and has never really done much on the field.

Very accurate assessment.

I'm actually kind of hoping that it is wrong.

Little Gabbert is a good prospect, but he is not a top QB in this class and I was hoping for a stud along the lines of a Cody Green.

Obviously the staff and Watson like him, so I have to go with the guys who get paid to do this...

but I was really hoping that we could lure another top tier prospect like Zach Lee or Austin Hinder or AJ Derby.

I'm wondering why some people are saying he's not a top tier prospect. Sure he's not as highly ranked as some others but if what everyone is saying about him being as good or better than his older brother he must be pretty good seeing as how Blaine was a five star. I remember someone saying that if Tyler was the same size as Blaine he would be more heavily recruited than Blaine. I guess he has the same arm strength and speed just not the height.