QB Tyler Gabbert

technically that talk was going on before big brother decommitted.....

Yep, Blaine got hurt early in his senior year, and little bro came in as a sophmore and moved the ball better than big bro before he got hurt. The fact is, Blaine only got his stars from camps, and has never really done much on the field.

Very accurate assessment.

I'm actually kind of hoping that it is wrong.

Little Gabbert is a good prospect, but he is not a top QB in this class and I was hoping for a stud along the lines of a Cody Green.

Obviously the staff and Watson like him, so I have to go with the guys who get paid to do this...

but I was really hoping that we could lure another top tier prospect like Zach Lee or Austin Hinder or AJ Derby.

I'm wondering why some people are saying he's not a top tier prospect. Sure he's not as highly ranked as some others but if what everyone is saying about him being as good or better than his older brother he must be pretty good seeing as how Blaine was a five star. I remember someone saying that if Tyler was the same size as Blaine he would be more heavily recruited than Blaine. I guess he has the same arm strength and speed just not the height.

attended Missouri's Spring Game

Not sure where you got your information but it wrong!

http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/sports/st...7D?OpenDocument

Part of the story in summary:

After completing 44 of 66 passes for 439 yards, three touchdowns and one interception in MU's other two scrimmages, Gabbert on Saturday hit just nine of 17 for 93 yards with no touchdowns and one glaring interception.

Regardless of his stats its a Spring Game... They are interesting to break down, but at the end of the day its just a practice.

I mean if you looked at LaTravis Washingtons stats from the game you would say he is one of the best QB's in the Big 12, when in fact most people know hes not even the best QB on Nebraska.

I dont think 13-21 180 yards and 2 tds would make anyone think he was one of the best qbs in the big 12. I see what youre saying though about maybe people getting too excited about his performance. I must admit though, I am pretty excited at how he looked for only having 14 practices at qb. Now if you were talking stats for Zac Lee some people might look at his stats and say he's one of the best in the big 12.

I'm wondering why some people are saying he's not a top tier prospect. Sure he's not as highly ranked as some others but if what everyone is saying about him being as good or better than his older brother he must be pretty good seeing as how Blaine was a five star. I remember someone saying that if Tyler was the same size as Blaine he would be more heavily recruited than Blaine. I guess he has the same arm strength and speed just not the height.

The young man produced. Bring him in. He fits what we are looking for.

Little Gabbert is a good prospect, but he is not a top QB in this class and I was hoping for a stud along the lines of a Cody Green.

Obviously the staff and Watson like him, so I have to go with the guys who get paid to do this...

but I was really hoping that we could lure another top tier prospect like Zach Lee or Austin Hinder or AJ Derby.

Agreed. There is a decent possibility that one of those QBs will commit to NU.

Agreed. There is a decent possibility that one of those QBs will commit to NU.

If I'm not mistaken it's a possibility we could take two QBs. Witt's departure left a hole in the previous class, therefore we could take two to round it out again (assuming LaTravis doesn't see much PT down the road). But regardless, if the coaches decide this kid is the one, I'd be happy about it. Star rankings are approximations. If Little Gabbert is Watson's guy then Little Gabbert is the guy. Personally I don't have anywhere near the tools necessary to question Watson's QB selection process. Now if it turns out he'd rather go another direction, that would also be fine. But I'm not going to get down because there's an extra shiny star next to some other guy's name. Who knows, maybe Little Gabbert is the second coming of Tom Brady?

I can't see us taking a second qb. Watson likes going with one per class, it wouldn't alleviate our current shortage, and this is going to be fairly small class(extra qb=shortage elsewhere).

I rather expected to lose a qb to transfer, I'm sure the coaches weren't surprised to lose one either. They just didn't expect Witt to puss-out early and lose Spano to injury, all after safety-valve Ebke changed positions. Thus they have talked to guys about transferring-in. But they looked at guys that could help now or '10 now not years down the road. A second high schooler doesn't really make-up for losing Witt.

If we did happen to take a second qb you can be sure it's somebody the staff just doen't feel they could let get away.

IMO Gabbet commits and the staff moves on to other positions.