QB Tyler Gabbert

It remains to be seen if Gabbert can ever produce on game day. So far, he has been a football camp kid. who has never done much in games, even before he got hurt his senior year.

Just like Freeman, I doubt Gabbert ever beats the Huskers. In fact, if Blaine Dalton gets back on the team after his drug arrest, I predict he beats out Gabbert. Dalton led his team to 2 state championships in 3 years, and is a legend here in Missouri, like Rex Burkhead was down in Texas. The kid just has the " it" factor.

Blaine Dalton = EXTREMELY overrated. There are a couple funny stories about that kid that would make Mizzou fans laugh. One of which is that he did even want to be a Tiger, but only went there because other teams would not take him. Wanna guess why he didn't want to go to Mizzou? :)

Because his dealer doesn't live in Columbia? Seriously though, he committed half way through his junior year to Mizzou, so why would he do that if he didn't want to go there. i don't think the recruiting services are even done with their evaluations by then on h.s juniors.

The kid already had a bad reputation for suspected drug use, so this comes as no surprise. But his highlites are impressive, including a 90 yard Crouch like TD run against in town rivals blue Springs High in the playoffs. So i don't know why you think he is over rated Willie

Blaine Dalton = EXTREMELY overrated. There are a couple funny stories about that kid that would make Mizzou fans laugh. One of which is that he did even want to be a Tiger, but only went there because other teams would not take him. Wanna guess why he didn't want to go to Mizzou? :)

BigWillie your way off on Blaine Dalton = extremely overrated. He committed early to MU as a junior. Blaine could have gone anywhere he wanted and was the number 1 QB target that MU wanted in 2009 recruiting class. The fact that he committed early and played baseball instead of attending various camps kept him a 3 star with rivals. Scout had him listed as a 4 star. All you had to do was watch his games and you could see he is very talented.

Look for the so called drug charges to be dropped. The prescription pills that were in his glove compartment were those of a high school teammate who had shoulder surgery and went to Columbia to visit Blaine and forgot his prescription medicine in Blaine’s car.

I have heard he is very overrated too. A source that would have good information said that Dalton was not going to pan out and the Glaser kid from Arkansas was worse. So they have no depth behind Blaine Gabbert and are really wanting to take two quarterbacks this year. The early quarterback committ for mizzou this year is Franklin and he is more of an athlete that could possibly play quarterback. Hopefully Tyler committs for us bc he is the quarterback the top quarterback on our board and he has a great relationship with Watson.

is he a fan of NU, KU, or Illinois?

Nope. He's a Mizzou fan.

Because his dealer doesn't live in Columbia? Seriously though, he committed half way through his junior year to Mizzou, so why would he do that if he didn't want to go there. i don't think the recruiting services are even done with their evaluations by then on h.s juniors.

The kid already had a bad reputation for suspected drug use, so this comes as no surprise. But his highlites are impressive, including a 90 yard Crouch like TD run against in town rivals blue Springs High in the playoffs. So i don't know why you think he is over rated Willie

Okay, I laughed at the first part. I'll admit.

Dalton committed to Mizzou early and had planned to go there for months before that. After Gabbert committed, Dalton got EXTREMELY shaky about his commit. He really wanted no part of trying to compete with Gabbert because the kid legitimately thought he had no chance since Gabbert was the 'Golden God' as some of Gabbert's teammates call him.

Dalton contacted Nebraska coaches for months trying to set up a summer visit, but we had absolutely no interest in him besides as a complete backup plan for other higher rated players.

BigWillie your way off on Blaine Dalton = extremely overrated. He committed early to MU as a junior. Blaine could have gone anywhere he wanted and was the number 1 QB target that MU wanted in 2009 recruiting class. The fact that he committed early and played baseball instead of attending various camps kept him a 3 star with rivals. Scout had him listed as a 4 star. All you had to do was watch his games and you could see he is very talented.

Look for the so called drug charges to be dropped. The prescription pills that were in his glove compartment were those of a high school teammate who had shoulder surgery and went to Columbia to visit Blaine and forgot his prescription medicine in Blaine’s car.

Not overrated according to a Mizzou fan. According to college coaches who would barely spend time talking to Dalton even though he initiated contact with them seem to disagree.

I have watched numerous videos of Dalton. Sadly, I have probably seen more video of Dalton than most Mizzou fans as well. But that's what I get for having no life last summer. :)

And I have say games as well. That Rockhurst game when he went up against Scheelhaase was a public display of insane talent by a QB. That is if we are comparing him to a pee-wee league QB. :lol:

And I don't really care about his off the field problems. More players than anyone know or need to know have problems like this that do not get public attention.

Nope. He's a Mizzou fan.

Dalton committed to Mizzou early and had planned to go there for months before that. After Gabbert committed, Dalton got EXTREMELY shaky about his commit. He really wanted no part of trying to compete with Gabbert because the kid legitimately thought he had no chance since Gabbert was the 'Golden God' as some of Gabbert's teammates call him.

Dalton contacted Nebraska coaches for months trying to set up a summer visit, but we had absolutely no interest in him besides as a complete backup plan for other higher rated players.

Not overrated according to a Mizzou fan. According to college coaches who would barely spend time talking to Dalton even though he initiated contact with them seem to disagree.

I have watched numerous videos of Dalton. Sadly, I have probably seen more video of Dalton than most Mizzou fans as well. But that's what I get for having no life last summer. :)

And I have say games as well. That Rockhurst game when he went up against Scheelhaase was a public display of insane talent by a QB. That is if we are comparing him to a pee-wee league QB. :lol:

And I don't really care about his off the field problems. More players than anyone know or need to know have problems like this that do not get public attention.

BigWillie I have more inside information about Dalton than you do and your claims are way off. What you claimed Never happened I live in Lamar Mo. Jim Dalton's hometown and know the family. That is how I can say your claims are off base.

Sorry griswold, but the truth is, none of us husker fans really care about Blaine Dalton. I give the kid more credit than Willie, but this is a thread about Tyler Gabbert, so let get back on topic shall we.

I hope he will commit soon, because getting a solid QB is always important. Plus, I think it will help in us getting Lucas.

Blaine Dalton=waste of time. I watched a couple of his high school games while living in KC 2 years ago......waste of a scholarship.....sorry, back to Tyler (the better of the 2 Gabberts) who will soon be a Husker.

Nope. He's a Mizzou fan.

BigWillie I have more inside information about Dalton than you do and your claims are way off. What you claimed Never happened I live in Lamar Mo. Jim Dalton's hometown and know the family. That is how I can say your claims are off base.

No offense,

But most people on here are going to believe Willie when he's pretty much always spot on with what he has to say... And he's not a biased side in this story.. Even when it's dealing with a Husker, he says what he needs to say. truth.

Nope. He's a Mizzou fan.

No offense,

But most people on here are going to believe Willie when he's pretty much always spot on with what he has to say... And he's not a biased side in this story.. Even when it's dealing with a Husker, he says what he needs to say. truth.

:yeah I was just going to say the same thing, not needed now. :)

I know Bill Clinton and he really did not have sexual relations with that woman. See how easy that was?

I have absolutely nothing to gain by saying what I have about Blaine Dalton. Just like I have absolutely nothing to gain by singing the praises of Blaine Gabbert.

Funny thing is, this isn't something I am making up on the fly just to suit myself. I actually talked about this more than a year ago when it was going on with a few friends on this board.

But like someone said, this thread is about Tyler Gabbert. Not some scrub on Mizzou's roster.

Rivals has a small blurb about him in a (free) article about where the best QBs are going:

Ballwin (Mo.) Parkway West's Tyler Gabbert has offers from Missouri, Iowa, Indiana and Colorado State, but sources say the offers from Kansas and Nebraska stand out and it could end up being a two-team race between those schools.

the thing that would worry me about Kansas, is with Reesing being a senior, Gabbert might see a chance to move up the depth chart quicker there.