QB Tyler Gabbert

Well if he does visit the booger colored Ducks... Maybe he will realize there is a ex-husker on the coaching staff. Scott Frost!

Just trying to look at the bright side... maybe...

Problem is that everytime we offer and Oregon offers we seem to be on the losing end of things. <_<

I don't think so on this one though. Oregon is a late jumper and it seems like Gabbert is ready to commit to NU any day now. Could be way off, but I don't think so.

I hope you're right as I would be pissed to lose anyone to Oregon again. <_<

per Rivals: Ballwin (Mo.) Parkway West quarterback Tyler Gabbert already has a solid offer list that includes programs such as Iowa, Kansas, Missouri and Nebraska. But his dad says a few new teams are making a push.

"He was offered a scholarship by Oregon and Iowa State last week," Chuck Gabbert said. "Then he was offered by Wake Forest [on Monday] night. We are on vacation in Florida for the week, so the Wake Forest offer is a nice surprise for Tyler."

Most observers think Gabbert's decision will come down to Missouri, Iowa, Nebraska or Kansas, but the offers from the Demon Deacons and the Ducks definitely give him some other programs to strongly consider if he chooses to leave his region.

I imagine, at this point in recruiting, the longer he waits the more offers he'll get. It's still his junior year, after all. I am wondering if our coaches are pursuing Robinson as hard as they are Gabbert. Meaning, if one of them commits, will they no longer be looking for another QB?...and if they do decide to pick up another, who would it be?

The rumor mill has been swirling about him for about a month now. If he doesn't commit on the visit with his parents, I guess we'll be forced to assume we're waiting on someone else higher on the board. It seems that all signs are pointing towards Nebraska, but the recruiting game does get crazy sometimes.

The rumor mill has been swirling about him for about a month now. If he doesn't commit on the visit with his parents, I guess we'll be forced to assume we're waiting on someone else higher on the board. It seems that all signs are pointing towards Nebraska, but the recruiting game does get crazy sometimes.

Its up to him, the offer is on the table waiting for him. I doubt the coaches would tell him they are waiting for some one higher, and that his offer is on hold. I bet he commits on his visit.

Gabbert is #1 on our board. If he doesn't commit, which would stun me if he does not, it's simply because he did not want to be at Nebraska.

Gabbert is #1 on our board. If he doesn't commit, which would stun me if he does not, it's simply because he did not want to be at Nebraska.

I haven't seen any film of the younger Gabbert...how strong is his arm?

I am pretty sure he was voted the strongest arm at the Elite 11 camp held at TCU in early April. Here is a story with some feedback on his performance there.

Atomic Teeth - Gabbert part deux

Impressing at Elite 11

The second Elite 11 Regional Quarterback Camp was held this past weekend in Fort Worth, and several out-of-state players caught the eye of Rivals.com analyst Barry Every.

He was impressed with Parkway West (Ballwin, Mo.) quarterback Tyler Gabbert, a 6-foot, 190-pounder who is the younger brother of Missouri quarterback Blaine Gabbert.

“It didn’t take long to see that he had one of the strongest arms in the camp, and he kept the velocity for two hours,” Every said. “He is talented enough that college coaches will be able to look past his height.”

Gabbert has more than enough arm to complete any throw. Like I said before, he's a 6 foot version of Blaine basically. If he had the height that Blaine had, they would be clones.

Gabbert has more than enough arm to complete any throw. Like I said before, he's a 6 foot version of Blaine basically. If he had the height that Blaine had, they would be clones.

Yeah, but do they have the same leadership qualities, handle pressure, manage games..ect.

Yeah, but do they have the same leadership qualities, handle pressure, manage games..ect.

Until you get them on campus, you can never evaluate that for any player.

Harrison Beck is a prime example.

True, won't know for sure til we see them out there.

But everything I've read says his intangibles are damn good, likely better than his older brother's. I'd imagine the coaches agree if they're chasing a 6' qb this hard.