QB Tyler Gabbert

Yeah, but do they have the same leadership qualities, handle pressure, manage games..ect.

Until you get them on campus, you can never evaluate that for any player.

Harrison Beck is a prime example.

But in hindsight, if we would've paid more attention to what his momma was saying during the recruitment process that would've given us all the insight we would've needed to stop recruiting Beck.

All I'm saying is that hindsight tends to be 20/20.

Tyler Gabbert on the other hand appears to be the real deal...

From what I've gathered thus far the younger Gabbert doesn't have his parents meddling, I could be wrong though because I really don't follow recruiting all that closely.

It is good to know that the younger Gabbert seems to be a Joe Ganz "clone" but with a stronger arm.

Yeah, but do they have the same leadership qualities, handle pressure, manage games..ect.

Until you get them on campus, you can never evaluate that for any player.

Harrison Beck is a prime example.

But in hindsight, if we would've paid more attention to what his momma was saying during the recruitment process that would've given us all the insight we would've needed to stop recruiting Beck.

All I'm saying is that hindsight tends to be 20/20.

Tyler Gabbert on the other hand appears to be the real deal...

From what I've gathered thus far the younger Gabbert doesn't have his parents meddling, I could be wrong though because I really don't follow recruiting all that closely.

It is good to know that the younger Gabbert seems to be a Joe Ganz "clone" but with a stronger arm.

If we stopped recruiting kids with crazy parents, we would lose out on a ton of talented kids. Thats the great thing about coaching at the college level, you only really deal with the kids parents during the recruiting. I coached club swimming for most of my adult life, and crazy parents take all of the fun out of coaching.

Gabbert is in Lincoln today, so keep you're fingers crossed for a commitment.

Well if he does visit the booger colored Ducks... Maybe he will realize there is a ex-husker on the coaching staff. Scott Frost!

Just trying to look at the bright side... maybe...

Problem is that everytime we offer and Oregon offers we seem to be on the losing end of things. <_<

I don't think so on this one though. Oregon is a late jumper and it seems like Gabbert is ready to commit to NU any day now . Could be way off, but I don't think so.

:yeah I'm not worried about Oregon at all. If he has any dreams of playing in the NFL, he better not go to a school that runs the spread. Especially with his lack of measureables( 6 foot tall)

Because Nebraska has put so many quarterbacks in the pros :wacko:

;):laughpound

Well if he does visit the booger colored Ducks... Maybe he will realize there is a ex-husker on the coaching staff. Scott Frost!

Problem is that everytime we offer and Oregon offers we seem to be on the losing end of things. <_<

I don't think so on this one though. Oregon is a late jumper and it seems like Gabbert is ready to commit to NU any day now . Could be way off, but I don't think so.

:yeah I'm not worried about Oregon at all. If he has any dreams of playing in the NFL, he better not go to a school that runs the spread. Especially with his lack of measureables( 6 foot tall)

We will, give us time. We know for sure that Mizzou doesn't, as Booger boy will never make it in the NFL, and the spread will ruin Gabberts chances as well.

per ESPN: Tyler Gabbert told ESPN affiliate Web site DuckTerritory.com, "Nebraska, Oregon, Wake Forest, Kansas and Missouri are on me the hardest. I have an equal interest in all of those schools."

Gabbert also discussed his potential fit in a few of the offenses run by schools in his top five, "Missouri and Kansas run wide open spread passing attacks and Oregon runs that unbelievable spread option and I hear they plan on passing the ball a little more. Nebraska runs a little west coast zone read that would be a great fit as well."

We will, give us time. We know for sure that Mizzou doesn't, as Booger boy will never make it in the NFL, and the spread will ruin Gabberts chances as well.

Maybe true, but he is on a team which is more than any Nebraska QB can say. BTW 3 of the last 6 MU QB's have been in the NFL. Corby Jones would have been the 4th in the NFL but signed with the CFL right before the draft because he was guarenteed to play QB.

I know they are no big thing, but before you try and make a foolish point you should atleast think it out. Some pretty high profile players and teams run the spread. The best NU QB"s have done in your little corn coast offense was get a single tryout. Chase Patton, former MU backup, who never started a single game got two tryouts this year. So take that for what its worth.

P.S. MU's spread is 2 for 2 on starters to the NFL and extra credit of the multiple tryouts for backups for those keeping score at home :clap

But back on track, the recruitment of Gabbert...carry on boys!

Fro I get your point. It wasnt as if we were lacking talent for the NFL per the team. We had a coach whos methods simply derailed some of our best. Look at Thenarse for example. 3 years under Pelini and he gets drafted. Three years under Calli and he is not near his potential.

We will be back delivering more players to the draft soon IMO. Give Bo some time..

No knock on BO. he is doing a fine job. And we all know about a mis-use of talent.

Just pointing out that, contrary to some believe. Spread QB's do and can make it.

you know me HSKRNOKC, I just like to stir the pot sometimes. :lol:

Anyway, I could be wrong, but i see this dragging out a little. Not a long time, but i would be somewhat surprised if he ends it before fall, around the time school starts or shortly after.

No knock on BO. he is doing a fine job. And we all know about a mis-use of talent.

Just pointing out that, contrary to some believe. Spread QB's do and can make it.

you know me HSKRNOKC, I just like to stir the pot sometimes. :lol:

Anyway, I could be wrong, but i see this dragging out a little. Not a long time, but i would be somewhat surprised if he ends it before fall, around the time school starts or shortly after.

I will tell you what, if he doesn't hop on board this week I am not sure Robinson won't jump first.

A main writer at a pay site is saying that a commitment should be coming before Tyler leaves tomorrow...

a GBR commit?

Fixed it.

Take it for what it is worth as this has been said before and then....nothing..

he's asking if it's a commitment to us or to someone else...

Right.. I thought it was pretty clear but let me digress.

RSS is jumping and they are saying Gabbert will be N soon but remember the disclaimer that is above.