QB Tyler Gabbert

I would like to have Tyler on board. He has a great arm, without a doubt. One of the better arms in the country for this class. He isn't terribly slow, either. But with him saying the depth chart will be a big factor in his decision I am starting to worry about his "intangibles", if you know what I mean. I honestly think he made his commitment because he knew if Robinson committed, we would be done for the year and he would lose his spot.

I think it's time to stop doing the 1 qb per class rule. Even if Tyler sticks (right now I think he is seriously torn down the middle)

+1.

Yeah, seems like we would have learned from past experience not to put all our eggs in one basket.

I would like to have Tyler on board. He has a great arm, without a doubt. One of the better arms in the country for this class. He isn't terribly slow, either. But with him saying the depth chart will be a big factor in his decision I am starting to worry about his "intangibles", if you know what I mean. I honestly think he made his commitment because he knew if Robinson committed, we would be done for the year and he would lose his spot.

I think it's time to stop doing the 1 qb per class rule. Even if Tyler sticks (right now I think he is seriously torn down the middle)

+1.

Yeah, seems like we would have learned from past experience not to put all our eggs in one basket.

:yeah

i wonder how much this offical will go into his choice to stick or bail on the huskers.... i assume a lot... plus with all the talent around him maybe he can get the picture that Nebraska is moving in the right directin while the light thatr was kansas and MU is begining to fade.........

just wondering where this puts us.....

Honestly, I don't know if this trip will have ANY effect on his decision. It might be a more personal decision than one would think, with his brother there and his family being able to watch all his games, plus I remember reading in an article about him where it said that the thing he would miss the most would be not being able to see his younger brother play football. In my opinion, I think he is split right down the middle between playing for Mizzou or Nebraska.

This kid has felt wrong to me since he "committed". When I look at this picture, I see another Harrison Beck. Fickle and high-maintenance. Not backing it up with hard facts or what his big bro pulled, just the Force tells me this is NOT the guy for us..

Would it be so bad if we didn't take a QB this time around? We'll have senior Lee, senior Washington (RS available), sophomore Green (RS available), medical RS freshman Spano and RS freshman Martinez, and some walk-ons. Not exactly a bare cupboard. Yeah, I've heard the take a QB every year adage, but that is supposed to apply to running backs too, and we're not going to take one of those just to send a message to Andrew Green.

post-4003-1258931268.jpg

Mods, if that pic is a no-no, I didn't know any better. Just remove it.

Said this trip helped solidify things.

Also said that the Watson rumors were addressed and that he will be back next year.

wow think abotu that for a second... if true he was unsure about coming to NU because he was unsure that Watson might not be around!!!!! wow was Watson really under that kind of pressure or is thing whole thing blown up real big out of proportion???

Also said that the Watson rumors were addressed and that he will be back next year.

wow think abotu that for a second... if true he was unsure about coming to NU because he was unsure that Watson might not be around!!!!! wow was Watson really under that kind of pressure or is thing whole thing blown up real big out of proportion???

or am i just reading this wrong........

most likely it's just due to mizzou telling him watson will be gone. an effective recruiting strategy. heck, it's probably what they used to get blaine, too.

most likely it's just due to mizzou telling him watson will be gone. an effective recruiting strategy. heck, it's probably what they used to get blaine, too.

Combination of negative recruiting and fans who will not STFU every week about Watson. I really think people do not understand the ramifications their words can have. Recruits read message boards. Recruits watch TV. Recruits listen to the radio. Recruits also hear these crap rumors that "fans" will start. It can and will affect recruiting.

I understand that alot of fans want to discuss Watson's coaching abilities, but to make it a weekly bashing session is just silly. With recruits, this is the type of effect it can have for them to hear people talk. It also helps these schools who are more than happy to fan the flames.

That actually makes sense to me from the Watson pursuing a HC job side of it. He wanted to make sure he was still going to be here and know we will be running an offense he wants to play for. I don't think there was ever enough pressure on Watson being dismissed that would affect the situation unless Mizzou was blowing it out of proportion.

Totally understand his apprehension, why go to a school if your position coach is going to be gone the next year.