QB Tyler Gabbert

I realize that a few posts back the desire was to let this thread die.

Humbly submitted, the decommittment of Tyler from Mizzou brings up the thought of what QB recruits we would have missed out on had Tyler hung around longer as a commit to the Huskers.

Wouldn't we have missed out on Carnes? Just trying to recall. If so ... man oh man, I'm so glad we got Carnes.

SheepdogMark

You're right Sheep. We would have missed out on Carnes. We lucked out hardcore.

We lucked out so bad. We were very close to not getting Carnes. We were so behind and botched the recruitment of Fajardo, I believe it was. Carnes was a last minute pull who almost went to WKU. Let's not forget how much Taylor's decommitment screwed us over, is all I'm saying :) It's good we were able to make the comeback, but his decommit was still not cool.

In this article someone implies that "Nebraska could be an option" now for Tyler.

Ya right ... smokin' some good weed there! Hell shall freeze over before that happens.

He sure did leave Mizzou with a problem at backup QB. Gabbert's are the kind of folks I like to stay away from throughout this life and the next.

SheepdogMark

In this article someone implies that "Nebraska could be an option" now for Tyler.

Ya right ... smokin' some good weed there! Hell shall freeze over before that happens.

He sure did leave Mizzou with a problem at backup QB. Gabbert's are the kind of folks I like to stay away from throughout this life and the next.

SheepdogMark

now that the 'Huskers are moving to the Big Ten, they could be an option article
Ha ha! The author--Graham Watson--apparently has no clue whatsoever.

We lucked out so bad. We were very close to not getting Carnes. We were so behind and botched the recruitment of Fajardo, I believe it was. Carnes was a last minute pull who almost went to WKU. Let's not forget how much Taylor's decommitment screwed us over, is all I'm saying :) It's good we were able to make the comeback, but his decommit was still not cool.

I think it hurt us when Blaine bailed out. Blaine Gabbert is the real deal. But when Baby bro Tyler bailed out we dodged a bullet. Tyler is a much lessor talent than Blaine. And more of a head case.

I think it hurt us when Blaine bailed out. Blaine Gabbert is the real deal. But when Baby bro Tyler bailed out we dodged a bullet. Tyler is a much lessor talent than Blaine. And more of a head case.

It hurt us, but there was a good reason for it. The kind of flux our program went through, you can't exactly fault Blaine for looking elsewhere. Tyler on the other hand, strung us along until the very end, knowing he was our one QB of the class, and completely flipped at the end. Much more Freeman-esque in what he did. You gotta do what you gotta do, but I think that was low.

Whether Blaine is the same way I don't know, and I would give him the benefit of the doubt. I believe he reached out back to us at the end after Watson was officially retained, but we moved on, to Spano. In hindsight it hurts, but Spano seems like a top-notch kid that would have even had a shot without those devastating injuries.

I do think Blaine is the real deal though, as a player. Which made watching NU beat his Tigers all the sweeter.

• 2 weeks later...

Committed to Mizzou

Great, now you can officially SUCK IT Gabby! I can't wait to see the Blackshirts eat your f'ing lunch!!! That is if you ever actually see the field there......

He is visiting Louisville and Watson today. Why would Watson even both. Very telling about Watson's character. Ty Ty Gabbert never did see the field at

MU. Karma is a bitch!!!!

• 4 weeks later...

Committed to Mizzou

Great, now you can officially SUCK IT Gabby! I can't wait to see the Blackshirts eat your f'ing lunch!!! That is if you ever actually see the field there......

He is visiting Louisville and Watson today. Why would Watson even both. Very telling about Watson's character. Ty Ty Gabbert never did see the field at

MU. Karma is a bitch!!!!

What exactly does it tell? Of course Tyler never saw the field. Blaine started every game... I'm very confuse about what you even mean. Why wouldn't Watson meet with him? I guarantee you he's not as butthurt about decommitting from NU than you apparently still are.

• 4 weeks later...