QB Tyler Gabbert

I'm actually kind of hoping that it is wrong.

Little Gabbert is a good prospect, but he is not a top QB in this class and I was hoping for a stud along the lines of a Cody Green.

Obviously the staff and Watson like him, so I have to go with the guys who get paid to do this...

but I was really hoping that we could lure another top tier prospect like Zach Lee or Austin Hinder or AJ Derby.

Agreed. There is a decent possibility that one of those QBs will commit to NU.

Yeah, it really seems like we've got more of a chance with the better qb's in this class. I'd be excited to have any of these guys commit. GO GET EM COACHING STAFF!! :clap

If he, Gabbert commits, is there still a chance the staff will go after another QB for this class? As mentioned, Zach Lee and others could possibly commit to us.

Doubtful.

Hinder is very likely ending up in the Pac 10. He wants to go west.

Derby is more of a S/OLB than a real QB. But Iowa will be tough to beat for him and he keeps fishing for even more bigger offers.

Lee is a baseball player. He'll commit somewhere just in case (will not be here), but he'll likely end up playing baseball.

If he Gabbert commits, is there still a chance the staff will go after another QB for this class? As mentioned, Zach Lee and others could possibly commit to us.

I doubt we take two QB's in the upcoming class.

I doesn't hurt to take another QB....I like for us to grab Gabbert but like many of you know what his older brother did still haunts us in our dreams and I hope that if we do land Gabbert that he won't do the same thing.

If he Gabbert commits, is there still a chance the staff will go after another QB for this class? As mentioned, Zach Lee and others could possibly commit to us.

I doubt we take two QB's in the upcoming class.

I doesn't hurt to take another QB....I like for us to grab Gabbert but like many of you know what his older brother did still haunts us in our dreams and I hope that if we do land Gabbert that he won't do the same thing.

What his brother did is irrelevant as BG left a situation that was destabilizing right in front of him. People shouldn't hold that over the younger Gabbert as he is a different person.

What his brother did is irrelevant as BG left a situation that was destabilizing right in front of him. People shouldn't hold that over the younger Gabbert as he is a different person.

For real.

Daddy Gabbert absolutely loves Nebraska and Watson in particular. Dad didn't care about the coaching change as much as Blaine did. As long as Watson stayed aboard, dad didn't care about Callahan getting the axe, only Blaine did since that is who he had a great bond with.

For real.

Daddy Gabbert absolutely loves Nebraska and Watson in particular. Dad didn't care about the coaching change as much as Blaine did. As long as Watson stayed aboard, dad didn't care about Callahan getting the axe, only Blaine did since that is who he had a great bond with.

Which sucks for Blaine, because we all know how well spread offense QB's do in the pro's, if they even make it there at all.

Little Gabbert is a better gamer than big bro, and if he comes here, he has a much better chance of going pro. I do hope he grows a couple of more inches though.

For real.

Which sucks for Blaine, because we all know how well spread offense QB's do in the pro's, if they even make it there at all.

Little Gabbert is a better gamer than big bro, and if he comes here, he has a much better chance of going pro. I do hope he grows a couple of more inches though.

Get him big shoes.

Doubting that. Blaine is a big, athletic QB who can run or pass. 6'5 guys with a cannon for an arm and speed like he has do not come along often. Unless Blaine royally effs up, he'll get drafted and highly, regardless.

Tyler is like a 6'0 version of his brother. Which is good, because he has great talent like his brother. But bad because he doesn't have that NFL size and strength like his brother either.

Doubting that. Blaine is a big, athletic QB who can run or pass. 6'5 guys with a cannon for an arm and speed like he has do not come along often. Unless Blaine royally effs up, he'll get drafted and highly, regardless.

Tyler is like a 6'0 version of his brother. Which is good, because he has great talent like his brother. But bad because he doesn't have that NFL size and strength like his brother either.

It remains to be seen if Gabbert can ever produce on game day. So far, he has been a football camp kid. who has never done much in games, even before he got hurt his senior year.

Just like Freeman, I doubt Gabbert ever beats the Huskers. In fact, if Blaine Dalton gets back on the team after his drug arrest, I predict he beats out Gabbert. Dalton led his team to 2 state championships in 3 years, and is a legend here in Missouri, like Rex Burkhead was down in Texas. The kid just has the " it" factor.

If he, Gabbert commits, is there still a chance the staff will go after another QB for this class? As mentioned, Zach Lee and others could possibly commit to us.

Doubtful.

Hinder is very likely ending up in the Pac 10. He wants to go west.

Derby is more of a S/OLB than a real QB. But Iowa will be tough to beat for him and he keeps fishing for even more bigger offers.

Lee is a baseball player. He'll commit somewhere just in case (will not be here), but he'll likely end up playing baseball.

If that's the case I don't see him ever stepping foot on a campus come fall of 2010.... The opportunity to play both, or go to the NFL, would be the only reason I'd see him being in school...

It remains to be seen if Gabbert can ever produce on game day. So far, he has been a football camp kid. who has never done much in games, even before he got hurt his senior year.

Just like Freeman, I doubt Gabbert ever beats the Huskers. In fact, if Blaine Dalton gets back on the team after his drug arrest, I predict he beats out Gabbert. Dalton led his team to 2 state championships in 3 years, and is a legend here in Missouri, like Rex Burkhead was down in Texas. The kid just has the " it" factor.

His poor season had alot to do with nearly ever starter on offense that year being first year starters. Blaine would nearly be scrambling in every drop back due to the fact his line was collapsing. His offensive talent was absolutely horrid and it was no different.

When Blaine played with any hint of talent, in summer 7on7's, combines or even the Army AA Game, he was routinely the best QB around.

Right now, Tyler is a one trick pony when it comes to being a QB. Unless he matures physically, he will consistently play out of the gun in his time in college. That will lead him to no life in the pros like Daniel, Harrell and many others.

Blaine Dalton = EXTREMELY overrated. There are a couple funny stories about that kid that would make Mizzou fans laugh. One of which is that he did even want to be a Tiger, but only went there because other teams would not take him. Wanna guess why he didn't want to go to Mizzou? :)

Blaine Dalton = EXTREMELY overrated. There are a couple funny stories about that kid that would make Mizzou fans laugh. One of which is that he did even want to be a Tiger, but only went there because other teams would not take him. Wanna guess why he didn't want to go to Mizzou? :)

is he a fan of NU, KU, or Illinois?