Player: Bronson Marsh

Hometown: Omaha (NE) Millard South

Position: ATH

Height: 6'0"

Weight: 200 lbs.

40 time: 4.5

Visit Date: Big Red Camp

Scholarships: Nebraska, Nebraska-Omaha, North Dakota

Favorites: Iowa, Iowa State, Kansas, Kansas State, Nebraska, North Dakota, Northwestern, Oregon

COMMITTED TO NEBRASKA

Rivals: :star:star

ESPN

Has anyone seen this kid play?

passing yards: 2,435 Sophmore Year 2,250 Junior Year

Saw him in the Class A final...wasn't impressed. He made a lot of mental errors, not throwing the ball away, not scrambling for yards when he needed to.

However that could be just one game. I have heard he is a solid player.

Rivals has him as one of Nebraska's top QB prospects for 2010...interesting

Well, being the top 2010 QB prospect in the state of Nebraska doesn't make someone a DI prospect.

Who was the top 2009 QB prospect in Nebraska? Ron Kellogg? Daryle Hawkins? Robert Barry? :dunno

OTOH he took his team to the class A final as a Junior. Heading into Spring and Summer camp, he'd have to be considered one of the top returning QBs.

I have watched this kid play a lot. He has had his moments, but on the whole he strikes me as a DII caliber QB. He could also develop into a MN type QB and become a DB at the college level. However, I haven't seen him play defense.... at all..... so it's tough to tell. He is very athletic though so who knows?

Well, being the top 2010 QB prospect in the state of Nebraska doesn't make someone a DI prospect.

That's not saying much about the state of Nebraska, is it?

Crouch, Frost, Tagge (born at Offut), Nebraska does all right for QB talent. It just takes a few years to produce someone

Crouch, Frost, Tagge (born at Offut), Nebraska does all right for QB talent. It just takes a few years to produce someone

We are getting so little talent out of Nebraska anymore, it makes me question the job the high school coaches are doing.

Ya I agree with you...looking at the 02' class with Moore, Horne, Leflore, Mann, Todd, Herian...the 04 class with Grixby, Huff, Christenson, and Steinkhuler, then not a whole lot until the 08' class and we didnt even get Robinson. It seems like we are really lucky to get 1 high rated three star let alone one four star consistently out of NE.

We are getting so little talent out of Nebraska anymore, it makes me question the job the high school coaches are doing.

How many of the Nebraska high school coaches are still used to option football? May be a lot of them left trying to get to that retirement age, and want to win and keep their jobs with what they teach best. Just a thought.

GBR!!!

How many of the Nebraska high school coaches are still used to option football? May be a lot of them left trying to get to that retirement age, and want to win and keep their jobs with what they teach best. Just a thought.

GBR!!!

I bet if we paid them 100,000 to just coach football, and add spring ball like they do in Texas, they would start producing better players. We would still be limited by population base, but quailty coaching makes a huge difference.

GBR!!!

I bet if we paid them 100,000 to just coach football, and add spring ball like they do in Texas, they would start producing better players. We would still be limited by population base, but quailty coaching makes a huge difference.

Thats sounds like a good plan, now if they can just find enough oil in Nebraska.... ;)

GBR!!!

per Rivals: With the first high school session of Nebraska's Big Red Football school kicking off on Monday, one in-state prospect turned some heads by his performance. Though he only participated in the first day of the three-day session, Millard South's Bronson Marsh posted solid test scores.

I coached against this kid. He will be in the top 10 (for QB's) in the 40 yard, 10 yard, bench (maybe number 1) and squat and maybe vertical. he is a freak in every sense of the word.

He is built like Frost and runs very very well. He might not end up being a QB in college but make no mistake about it, this kid is D1 all the way.

Millard South kind of runs an odd system at times, they dont always seem to know what they want to do.

He's projected as a safety at the next level. He ran a 4.5 at ISU-camp, a 4.6 at ours' with a sore quad. He had an agility run of 4.1 and broadjump of 9-foot.

He's projected as a safety at the next level. He ran a 4.5 at ISU-camp, a 4.6 at ours' with a sore quad. He had an agility run of 4.1 and broadjump of 9-foot.

What is his vert?

What is his vert?

Rivals lists his vert at 34-inches.

He's playing on NET 1 in the championship right now. He reminds me somewhat of crouch. 6 foot about 195 lbs and can flat run. already has one td on about a 50 yard run and also has about a 50 yard run on 4th and 1. I think if we were still running the old system this guy would be a lock for an offer as a qb. I know this is Nebraska high school football and not as competitive as some other states but he is just outrunning everyone on the field. I would be very pleased to get this guy as a walk on bc he can definately play somewhere w a couple years in the system.

I have coached against him and if he was 6'4 he would be a BIG TIME recruit, as it is, his numbers probably put him in the top 15 or so overall for all QBs.

He has played linebacker too and the kid just "gets it" and he loves the weight room.

He has looked great in the championship game. I hope he gets a chance to play for the huskers. His field awareness and attitude reminds me of burkhead. just a pure football player

maybe he was having an off night, but ive met and talked to him shortly, and his attitude/demeanor sucks. i hope he was having a bad day or the like and trying to boost his confidence back up, because he came off like he was god's special child...and not remotely in a good way. not even tim tebowesque.

I'd like to see him play QB at the D1 level even if that means he goes to a system that fits him better than us. I've been watching him play for three years and he surely is a player.

has setup an official to Nebraska on Jan. 15

Ok, sounds good. I am assuming that NU is looking to get him in as a Preferred Walk On?

I think that sounds about right Cave. That is what I was thinking. I dont see on his rivals page where he has an NU offer.

While I would LOVE to get him as a preffered walk on, I would cringe at the thought of NU offering him on his official. I think he could contribute as a safety someday but he's too risky to offer at this point IMO

While I would LOVE to get him as a preffered walk on, I would cringe at the thought of NU offering him on his official. I think he could contribute as a safety someday but he's too risky to offer at this point IMO

As I am not in the NE Local area anymore, I have not seen him play as QB at all but several posters on this board are in love with the young man as a QB. Have you seen him? Anyone have any insight on his projection as a College QB?

As I am not in the NE Local area anymore, I have not seen him play as QB at all but several posters on this board are in love with the young man as a QB. Have you seen him? Anyone have any insight on his projection as a College QB?

Heard someone say that if we still ran TO's old system this kid would have been offered immediately.

preferred walk on is what it looks like...don't see him getting an offer

sounds good to me..... i think these are the kids that can really be special as they progress throught the system.. not all of them but i have a good feelling about BM if he does come here... which i hope he does.....

Yes I have seen him play in the state title game and he is a very, very good athlete. I believe I also said that if we were still running TO's system he would have been our qb for this class more than likely. Looks like a solid build and has pretty damn good wheels. I don't think his arm is quite up to par, neither arm strength nor accuracy so that's why I say he could make a pretty good safety with a few years in the system. I know cody or taylor have that great of arms but they are far better than Marsh's. I would love to see us land this kid as a walk on. Like I've said many times this is what made us a power back in the day IMO is landing kids that are outstanding athletes that just have some developing to do via walk on instead of offering them a schollie. Marsh fits that perfectly.

Does anybody know if Marsh camped at NU this summer? You would think he would have. If he did and he has not recieved an offer yet than I don't think that he will be getting one.

Yes, he did camp; and no, he didn't receive an offer.

I'd say he's a fallback guy that has to hope other guys fall through.

i'd say if he was going to get an offer he would have got one by now. we don't HAVE to have a QB in this class so i cannot see us offering him late regardless of what our other recruits do. i definitely want this kid to walk on though. if he can't make it at QB, seems to be a good enough athlete to compete elsewhere.

Latest from Husker Journal.

BRONSON MARSH, QB, 6-0, 200, 4.5, OMAHA (MILLARD SOUTH), NEBRASKA

Official Visit Coming Up

“I’m coming to Nebraska in about a week I don’t have an offer from them but I’m suppose to find out when I go up there on my visit. If Nebraska offers me I will commit. I’ve been to a lot of their games on unofficial visits. Barney Cotton or someone is supposed to come to the school pretty soon and talk about the visit.” Marsh said

Could Play Both Sides At NU

“Nebraska contacted me a couple of days after Gabbert de-committed. They (NU Coaches) said they are not 100 percent what they will recruit me as, could be quarterback or athlete. They are looking at my tapes and stuff.” Marsh said

“I could play wide receiver or safety, I’ve never played receiver. I did play safety and would like to play offense if I could.” Marsh said

“I don’t know I would. I’ll have to keep my options open it would be pretty hard to turn down money.” Marsh said about walking on at Nebraska

Getting The Word Out

I just recently sent film to Scott Frost up at Oregon he called after I broke one of his records. Scott said he would take a look at it. I just sent one to Kansas and Ohio. Tom Osborne (NU AD) said if Nebraska doesn’t offer me he will help me get an offer. Tom knows a lot of coaches Scott said the same.” Marsh said

Latest from Husker Journal.

BRONSON MARSH, QB, 6-0, 200, 4.5, OMAHA (MILLARD SOUTH), NEBRASKA

Official Visit Coming Up

“I’m coming to Nebraska in about a week I don’t have an offer from them but I’m suppose to find out when I go up there on my visit. If Nebraska offers me I will commit. I’ve been to a lot of their games on unofficial visits. Barney Cotton or someone is supposed to come to the school pretty soon and talk about the visit.” Marsh said

Could Play Both Sides At NU

“Nebraska contacted me a couple of days after Gabbert de-committed. They (NU Coaches) said they are not 100 percent what they will recruit me as, could be quarterback or athlete. They are looking at my tapes and stuff.” Marsh said

“I could play wide receiver or safety, I’ve never played receiver. I did play safety and would like to play offense if I could.” Marsh said

“I don’t know I would. I’ll have to keep my options open it would be pretty hard to turn down money.” Marsh said about walking on at Nebraska

Getting The Word Out

I just recently sent film to Scott Frost up at Oregon he called after I broke one of his records. Scott said he would take a look at it. I just sent one to Kansas and Ohio. Tom Osborne (NU AD) said if Nebraska doesn’t offer me he will help me get an offer. Tom knows a lot of coaches Scott said the same.” Marsh said

I think he'll end-up at Ohio.

Sounds like he won't be at NU. I don't think he gets a scholly and seems like he's looking for - and will get one - somewhere else.

Sounds like he won't be at NU. I don't think he gets a scholly and seems like he's looking for - and will get one - somewhere else.

I heard that Dr. Tom told Bronson and his coach that if he can't get into NU on a scholly that he would personally help him get in somewhere else.

HI speculated that Marsh will get a preferred walk-on, but to also not count out the possibility of a Grey Shirt offer. He'll visit NU on the 15th.

Bronson was on 1620 this morning (link to podcast here) saying that he will be visiting NU this Friday and that he is supposed to find out whether they will be offering him a scholarship. He said he doesn't really know if he'll get an offer, but that some people have told him that things are looking in his favor, whatever that means. He also said he would commit on the spot if NU offered him this weekend. Duh.