SIGNED ATH Bronson Marsh

Sounds like he won't be at NU. I don't think he gets a scholly and seems like he's looking for - and will get one - somewhere else.

I heard that Dr. Tom told Bronson and his coach that if he can't get into NU on a scholly that he would personally help him get in somewhere else.

Bronson was on 1620 this morning (link to podcast here) saying that he will be visiting NU this Friday and that he is supposed to find out whether they will be offering him a scholarship. He said he doesn't really know if he'll get an offer, but that some people have told him that things are looking in his favor, whatever that means. He also said he would commit on the spot if NU offered him this weekend. Duh.

Something else to consider is that not all players are in a position to pay for a year or more of tuition. So if Bronson does receive an offer from another school, what benefit would walking on have to him and his family?

“I don’t know I would. I’ll have to keep my options open it would be pretty hard to turn down [tuition] money.” Marsh said about walking on at Nebraska

The purse strings are tight all over, and sometimes you have to get while the getting is good. I know at his age I would have taken a D II, D III, or hell, even an NAIA offer if it meant I didn't have a huge student loan debt hanging over my head after college. And I'd be willing to bet I'm not the only poster that can relate. Sure the romance of walking on at NU does have some appeal, but that can only go so far when a free education is at stake.

I'm curious what position(s) NU is looking at him for.

if we offer him, which i would be surprised by, it would likely be as an athlete. i would further guess that would entail an audition at quarterback and a likely spot at safety.

can you say walk on.....

if we offer him, which i would be surprised by, it would likely be as an athlete. i would further guess that would entail an audition at quarterback and a likely spot at safety.

can you say walk on.....

perhaps he's just posing to try to get an offer, or at least a gray shirt, but by all accounts he is not willing to walk-on despite being an NU fan.

can you say walk on.....

perhaps he's just posing to try to get an offer, or at least a gray shirt, but by all accounts he is not willing to walk-on despite being an NU fan.

think how Antarie Daniels feels... the guy is getting no love.... well atleast that i know of.... i wonder where he is gonna end up.... but again i guess he has the whole wrestling thing to fall back on....

can you say walk on.....

think how Antarie Daniels feels... the guy is getting no love.... well atleast that i know of.... i wonder where he is gonna end up.... but again i guess he has the whole wrestling thing to fall back on....

No way Daniels qualifies, he'll be at Iowa Western come Fall.

As far as Marsh goes word is that TO says he'd have offered him back in the day and is trying to help Marsh out. Wouldn't surprise me to see Solich talked into offering.

With these coaching upheavals new potentials are popping-up, makes it less likely we'll have room for Marsh.