QB Play vs KU won't settle the North in '09

Keep on talking troll, but you are insane to lump the Huskers in with KU. The fact of the matter is that OU was exposed as overated once again by a team with a real defense, such as the one that Bo is developing at Nebraska. The rest of the Big 12 has gone soft on D, including KU's. The job Bo and his staff did this year is amazing. He patched holes with walk-ons all over the place. We have the kind of players Bo likes( speed, speed and more speed) chopping at the bit, after redshirting last year. Our team will get pressure on Bradford next year, and we will give them all they can handle. Man, I can't wait till next year, so you can once again look like a fool with you're stupid predictions.

Just a kind of gentle warning to everyone - Huskers Forever has been suspended for seven (7) days for the above and for his thread HERE. The suspension was due to the fact that this was Huskers Forever's second violation.

I know that we are all passionate fans - but that's true for the fans of all teams. That doesn't make the fans of other teams trolls. JGS30 has been a member for some time, and any objective observer can attest to the fact that he is anything but a troll.

So, for about the umpteenth time, let me point out - personal attacks are not permitted. If you simply cannot contain yourself, take it to the Woodshed. If a poster sets your teeth on edge, use the Ignore function. If you think someone is really trolling, use the "Report This Post" button to let us know - we'll take a look and respond as to whether we agree or disagree.

As I've said time and again - attack the post, not the poster.

I guess I just don't understand why you feel the need to post about how great Kansas is on a Nebraska message board. Do you like to argue with people you know will disagree with you? Do you just like to cause a ruckus? I'm sorry you felt my post was classless, but I was speaking honestly. You didn't see the Clemson people coming here to tell us how great they were and they were better than Kansas this year.

What do you expect from a KU fan? Do you think he'll only post when kissing our big red asses? What would be the point of that?

I say the more varied the opinions the better. Sure beats some of the outrageous B.S. some of us spew at our own team. A little outside venom is much easier for me to stomach. Keep up the good work Gayhawks!*

* For purely antagonizational purposes, couldn't let you off the hook too easily!

KU? Really? IMO Baylor will be a closer win than KU. Thier QB is the one that gave us more fits last year than Riesing, and he was a freshman! (I'm drawing a blank on his name right now........ was it Jackson or Johnson or something?) Either way KU will return to the middle of the pack in the Big 12.

Griffin ;)

I guess I just don't understand why you feel the need to post about how great Kansas is on a Nebraska message board. Do you like to argue with people you know will disagree with you? Do you just like to cause a ruckus? I'm sorry you felt my post was classless, but I was speaking honestly. You didn't see the Clemson people coming here to tell us how great they were and they were better than Kansas this year.

What do you expect from a KU fan? Do you think he'll only post when kissing our big red asses? What would be the point of that?

I say the more varied the opinions the better. Sure beats some of the outrageous B.S. some of us spew at our own team. A little outside venom is much easier for me to stomach. Keep up the good work Gayhawks!*

* For purely antagonizational purposes, couldn't let you off the hook too easily!

I'm just about done with this thread simply so that I can avoid getting in trouble with the powers that be, but what the hell, I'll respond to this. If JGS wants to respond to this thread, that's ok. Or any other thread. It just seems (to me, at least) like he tries to turn EVERY SINGLE Big XII thread toward how great Kansas is and why they'll be better than Nebraska. And, as I've pointed out, if his entire purpose is to post about another Big XII team, he is at the very least posting in the wrong section of this forum.

I am not in agreement.

I seem to remember putting 35 on Nebraska last year. The reason we lost had a lot to do with not getting stops. We will make some big plays and get our points. Also, we have wont the last 2 in Lawrence, and while there is regime change, hard to discount, as this is a better team you are playing than the one you beat.

The Huskers will probably have an advantage against our line, Suh is an insano beast, so I do not discount that. I look for us to win, but it should be a great game. Not sure on the CU prediction, we have beat them 3 years running and our team is getting deeper each year, and Mizzou is losing a lot of key guys, so we will see how they do by the end of the year when they play us. It will be NU / KU for the North, either team can win that game, and should be fun to watch.

Yeah, you did score 35 points. 7 of which came off a 20 yard drive following a turnover, and the last score came in the final two minutes when the Huskers had a 17 point lead. Midway through the 4th quarter, KU had 270 total yards, before reaching 400 when the game was out of reach.

Nebraska's defense will be even better in '09, and KU's o-line will not be improved.

As for the MU fans on board; I'm sorry if I left you out of my post. But seriously Tigerfan, your team is losing far more than NU or KU.

Joey Ganz is a big loss, but the Huskers at least have talented QB's who have been in the system for multiple seasons. Gabbert, has no game experience and he's never even produced in high school. On top of that, NU has tons of o-line experience returning along with their most productive running backs.

The losses of Maclin, Coffman, and even Tommy Saunders are monumental for an offense that will be replacing a 3-year starter at QB with a Redshirt freshman.

I'll even give Gabbert the benefit of the doubt and say he becomes a stud. Even if he completely grasps the scheme and shows he won't get rattled, Mizzou's offense will still be far less productive without Coffman and Maclin. Both of those guys are going to be impact players in the NFL.

Heck, Chase Daniel without Maclin or Coffman would've never had the success at Mizzou that he demonstrated.

And Mizzou loses so many good players on defense, I'm surprised any Mizzou fan could honestly believe they will compete for the North.

If the Huskers were losing our 3 best d-lineman, our most experienced linebacker, and 3 out of 4 DB starters, including William Moore, I would be freaking out.

Mizzou has no buisness being in this discussion. CU can at least argue they have both KU and NU at home, and CU always plays the Huskers tough. But the Tigers, there future looks dim.

I'm just about done with this thread simply so that I can avoid getting in trouble with the powers that be, but what the hell, I'll respond to this. If JGS wants to respond to this thread, that's ok. Or any other thread. It just seems (to me, at least) like he tries to turn EVERY SINGLE Big XII thread toward how great Kansas is and why they'll be better than Nebraska. And, as I've pointed out, if his entire purpose is to post about another Big XII team, he is at the very least posting in the wrong section of this forum.

Uhhh.....ok. I talked about KU in this thread because "KU was in the subject line"! LOL. You're a funny guy Josh. Good times! :clap

I am not in agreement.

I seem to remember putting 35 on Nebraska last year. The reason we lost had a lot to do with not getting stops. We will make some big plays and get our points. Also, we have wont the last 2 in Lawrence, and while there is regime change, hard to discount, as this is a better team you are playing than the one you beat.

The Huskers will probably have an advantage against our line, Suh is an insano beast, so I do not discount that. I look for us to win, but it should be a great game. Not sure on the CU prediction, we have beat them 3 years running and our team is getting deeper each year, and Mizzou is losing a lot of key guys, so we will see how they do by the end of the year when they play us. It will be NU / KU for the North, either team can win that game, and should be fun to watch.

Yeah, you did score 35 points. 7 of which came off a 20 yard drive following a turnover, and the last score came in the final two minutes when the Huskers had a 17 point lead. Midway through the 4th quarter, KU had 270 total yards, before reaching 400 when the game was out of reach.

Nebraska's defense will be even better in '09, and KU's o-line will not be improved.

As for the MU fans on board; I'm sorry if I left you out of my post. But seriously Tigerfan, your team is losing far more than NU or KU.

Joey Ganz is a big loss, but the Huskers at least have talented QB's who have been in the system for multiple seasons. Gabbert, has no game experience and he's never even produced in high school. On top of that, NU has tons of o-line experience returning along with their most productive running backs.

The losses of Maclin, Coffman, and even Tommy Saunders are monumental for an offense that will be replacing a 3-year starter at QB with a Redshirt freshman.

I'll even give Gabbert the benefit of the doubt and say he becomes a stud. Even if he completely grasps the scheme and shows he won't get rattled, Mizzou's offense will still be far less productive without Coffman and Maclin. Both of those guys are going to be impact players in the NFL.

Heck, Chase Daniel without Maclin or Coffman would've never had the success at Mizzou that he demonstrated.

And Mizzou loses so many good players on defense, I'm surprised any Mizzou fan could honestly believe they will compete for the North.

If the Huskers were losing our 3 best d-lineman, our most experienced linebacker, and 3 out of 4 DB starters, including William Moore, I would be freaking out.

Mizzou has no buisness being in this discussion. CU can at least argue they have both KU and NU at home, and CU always plays the Huskers tough. But the Tigers, there future looks dim.

Yeah...but with that said, you do have to play MU in Columbia, and that's not a fun place to play those guys. They will be a little "green" on the experience side of things, but you can't just chalk it up as a W. You should win the game, but honestly, I"m not counting any road games as automatic wins this year in the Big 12....well, except of course that school to the west that prances around in perple pants!! :)