WR Austin Hill

Player: Austin Hill

Hometown: Corona, CA

Position: WR

Height: 6'3"

Weight: 192 lbs.

40 time: 4.5

Visit Date: 11/06

Scholarships: Arizona, Arizona State, Colorado, Colorado State, Nebraska, Nevada, Northwestern, UNLV, Utah

Favorites: Arizona, Arizona State, Colorado, Colorado State, Nebraska, Nevada, Northwestern, UCLA, UNLV, USC, Utah

COMMITTED TO ARIZONA

Rivals: :star:star:star

Scout: :star:star:star

ESPN

Arizona has offered:

Arizona just offered Roosevelt (Corona, Calif.) wide receiver teammates Tyler Slavin and Austin Hill. Both players impressed at last years SoCal NIKE Camp and project well for college.

At 6-3, 190 pounds, Hill is bigger and faster than Slavin and had a solid junior season with 34 catches for 625 yards and seven touchdowns.

Slavin has good size as well at 6-2, 185 pounds and caught 22 balls for 501 yards and six scores. Nebraska and UNLV have also offered Slavin and Oregon has also offered Hill.

New Rivals update on Hill....Says he is looking to schedule an official with NU for the Okie game, coming with Joshua Mitchell, and Harold Mobley. Also his cousin is last year commit Andrew Green. Hill says that he is extremly intersted in game atmosphere and wants to be somewhere comfortable. I think with some family and a couple of teammates in Mobley, Slavin, Mitchell may help. Also commented on how often him and his teammates talk about attending the same school, and how cool the would be. This may even help us land aaron green next year....Exciting stuff! :)

Not sure I like having visitors for a game we likely lose but at least they're visiting. As long as we keep it competitive and the crowd stays in the game we should be OK.

Not sure I like having visitors for a game we likely lose but at least they're visiting. As long as we keep it competitive and the crowd stays in the game we should be OK.

Can't find it now, but awhile back there was an article about what affects recruits decisions to attend whichever school. Location was far and away the top one, but surprising (to me at least) was that the team losing during a visit was near the bottom.

I believe we have a pretty good chance with him. He have one his cousins already on campus, recruiting another, and if anything I would not doubt Mobley is a silent commit already (based on his and his uncle's statements from previous articles) or atleast an extremely heavy lean.

Not to mention we have a need at WR.

I believe we have a pretty good chance with him. He have one his cousins already on campus, recruiting another, and if anything I would not doubt Mobley is a silent commit already (based on his and his uncle's statements from previous articles) or atleast an extremely heavy lean.

Yeah I couldnt agree more, Hill has also mentioned that he would like to get on the field Sooner than later, and I think with a guy like this and the current depth we have at WR especially by the time that he graduates, I think NU can really offer early playing time. Especially a guy that seems Big, Strong, and athletic. Great Possesion reciever on outs, slants, ins, etc...... Im really big on Hill, maybe an under the radar player this year IMO.

Yeah I couldnt agree more, Hill has also mentioned that he would like to get on the field Sooner than later, and I think with a guy like this and the current depth we have at WR especially by the time that he graduates, I think NU can really offer early playing time. Especially a guy that seems Big, Strong, and athletic. Great Possesion reciever on outs, slants, ins, etc...... Im really big on Hill, maybe an under the radar player this year IMO.

Please don't capitalize "sooner". :)

Please don't capitalize "sooner". :)

ahhhh very good catch I guess that I just got used to typin that one in....

Wide receiver Austin Hill (Corona, Calif./Roosevelt) has set up his first official visit and has a good idea where his next two visits will be as well.

Hill, along with his teammate Tyler Slavin, form one of the state's top pass catching duos. At 6-3, 190 pounds, Hill is a big, physical receiver but athletic as well. He jumped 35 inches in the vertical at the NIKE Combine in Long Beach and clocked a 4.69 (electronic) 40 time as well.

"I'm going to Nebraska (Nov. 6)," Hill said. "I like the direction the Nebraska program is going in. They're on the rise and they have great tradition and a great fan base."

"I have a cousin who plays there and he is always telling me how great it is at Nebraska so I'm looking forward to that visit. I'm going to set visits to Arizona and Northwestern as well."

4.69 electronic? That seems pretty fast to me for a high school kid especially considering I believe Swift just ran a 4.67 electronic after five years of college weight training and walked away as one of the most decorated receivers in NU history.

4.69 electronic? That seems pretty fast to me for a high school kid especially considering I believe Swift just ran a 4.67 electronic after five years of college weight training and walked away as one of the most decorated receivers in NU history.

Umm..not really. If you consider most camps kids attend these days time all their 40's(the most overrated stat recruit has by the way), are electronically timed. So the 40 times of all these recruits are reported from camps so for the most part they are legit. Like the Carter kid from Louisiana who ran a true 4.39 at a camp.

By the way Nate Swift was never fast, he was SMOOTH!!

I just find that really hard to believe. It's not as though electronic timing at camps has just been invented. What was the fastest running back time this year? The top five ran in the 4.5's or close to it. there was something like five wr's who ran a sub 4.4 so are you telling me these players got slower? recruits have been reporting their times as 4.4 or 4.5 for a long time and unless you have a camp report I dont think rivals or scout reporting that a prospect runs a 4.4 is legit enough for me. Supposedly Lucky ran a 4.4 coming out of high school but ran a high 4.5 at the combine. Swifts profile reads a 4.5 coming out of high school and he damn near ran a 4.7. IMO electronic, legit 4.69 for a high school kid just entering his senior year of high school is pretty good especially for someone his size.

Umm..not really. If you consider most camps kids attend these days time all their 40's(the most overrated stat recruit has by the way), are electronically timed. So the 40 times of all these recruits are reported from camps so for the most part they are legit. Like the Carter kid from Louisiana who ran a true 4.39 at a camp.

By the way Nate Swift was never fast, he was SMOOTH!!

I don't think electronic timing is that common, I'd bet the majority of times listed on profiles are still handheld.

Can't find it now, but awhile back there was an article about what affects recruits decisions to attend whichever school. Location was far and away the top one, but surprising (to me at least) was that the team losing during a visit was near the bottom.

The part in blue...

I think, and I could be wrong, that recruits are unaffected, usually, by the team they're visiting losing because they probably think in their respective minds that they're better than the guys already at the school and if they were playing the outcome would be different.

Austin Hill says he hasn’t been to any of his favorites yet and insists that distance will not be a factor. “I’ll go anywhere,” Hill said. “Far or close…whatever. I don’t mind travelling.” That’s good news for Northwestern, which is nearly 2,000 miles away from Hill’s home in southern California. “The education is amazing,” he said about the Wildcats. “They graduate like over 90-percent..."

I can't see Hawkins surviving the year unless CU somehow just goes gangbusters in the remaining games.

I like our chances at Hill, especially if we can get some freaking O going this Saturday. Given that he'd make his cousin Aaron Green a strong likelihood you gotta like him as a pick-up.

I can't see Hawkins surviving the year unless CU somehow just goes gangbusters in the remaining games.

I like our chances at Hill, especially if we can get some freaking O going this Saturday. Given that he'd make his cousin Aaron Green a strong likelihood you gotta like him as a pick-up.

Well there is the possibility that CU couldn't afford the buyout, that seems to be the prevalent though amongst CU fans anyway.

Well there is the possibility that CU couldn't afford the buyout, that seems to be the prevalent though amongst CU fans anyway.

Good point, CU's athletic dept is generally low on cash. I looked-up his buyout, it would be $2,550,000 after this season. May be too rich for their blood unless somebody kicks-in big. Then if they manage to get a "name" replacement he'll cost them significantly more than Hawkins.

People need to quit using Austin Hill like he is a portal to get to Aaron Green.

In his own right, regardless of who he is related to, Austin deserved his offer and has the talent to back it up. We need to get the kid in so he can potentially help our poor WR corps out next year.

And if he helps with Aaron, great. If not, that's fine too. We just need to get a few talented guys at WR to help out our team and that's what Austin can do.

I think Austin Hill will be a high priority this weekend. If we land him it would take a HUGE screw up on our part for us not to land Aaron Green imo.

People need to quit using Austin Hill like he is a portal to get to Aaron Green.

In his own right, regardless of who he is related to, Austin deserved his offer and has the talent to back it up. We need to get the kid in so he can potentially help our poor WR corps out next year.

And if he helps with Aaron, great. If not, that's fine too. We just need to get a few talented guys at WR to help out our team and that's what Austin can do.

Young man can ball. Would love to get him in the mix.

Just because I mentioned his cousin it means I don't want him just for what he brings as a wr? No. I know he's a good wr and would gladly take him just like I'd gladly take Swigart, Reese, or Wright. But unlike those quality wr's Hill potentially comes with something extra I happened to mention.

From watching film this kid can play. I really hope we get him N.

Read on another board that Aaron has went on record saying if NU gets Austin that we would be really tough to beat out for his pledge. Sometimes GREAT things come in 3s. Andrew, Austin, and Aaron. =)

my friend was austin hill's tour guide for the pre-game today. he said he was enjoying it. i'm sure he like it even more after the that outcome though

dont forget to fill us in later

From scout:

Loved his visit. Could tell there is a need for help on the offensive side of the ball.

At least we know he isn't stupid.

From scout:

Loved his visit. Could tell there is a need for help on the offensive side of the ball.

I hope it was enough to draw this kid here. I saw on another board that it is now between us and Oregan.

Just saw that B. Swigert has committed to BC. I really hope we can get Hill now.

kid looks sharp and some of the things i've read seem like he is stoked.... .i think the whole family connection can certainly help us.... the kid definetly has great merits in my opinion.....

PLUS with Hill being cousins with andrew and aaron.. it souldn't hurt our chances of landing aaron who has alluded from what i've heard he would likely end up where these two do (perhaps)

Had a good trip to Arizona. He sat in the student section and said it was crazy. He had some real positive things to save about the coaches...

Quote:

"Coach Kish is just straightforward," Hill said. "I like how he's straight to the point. He tells you what he needs to tell you and that's that. That's what I love about him. The coaches are great, they're funny, they always have something to say. They're a great bunch; they're pretty fun to be around."

Sounds like Bo.

Also said all of the schools are on an even ground right now. He might think about a commitment in January.

Not super encouraging......but who knows.

Its strange that a kid that is only a 3 star would drag his process out like this assuming all of these schools are going to leave room for him.

Anyways, I think this one is going to come down to in home visits.

Its strange that a kid that is only a 3 star would drag his process out like this assuming all of these schools are going to leave room for him.

Anyways, I think this one is going to come down to in home visits.

I'm pretty sure we'll keep a spot open for him since Aaron Green stated that it would be hard to beat NU if we had Austin Hill

post-7330-1259109737.jpg

This just feeds into my opinion about the cotton offer. w 16 commits and Hill, Cooper, OO, David, Hardrick, Derron Smith, Hal, Malone, maybe Demien, Reese, Tejay Johnson, Wray, Mobley still all on board and a lot are looking like a lean to NU at this point, it sure would be nice to have that extra schollie offer instead of having to turn some of these away. At this point it looks like a forgone conclusion that we will have to turn away at least one of these guys.

IF you start trying to hold on to scholarships you will start to get burnt down the line. It is an unsafe practice, the staff offers kids that they think will help them with their goals, which means each kid they offer is important.

Some kids will jump on that chance and some wont. The thing is, the staff has done its homework and knows who it wants. What fans might percieve as a "waste" of a scholly is not looked at that way to the staff.

I agree, but some offers are far more important than others. Can you really tell me that the Evans offer, now a wr, was just an important of an offer as it would be if White would want to commit? Or are you telling me that landing Cotton would be just as big of a get as landing Cooper or OO? Landing Cotton was like going to the bunny ranch and getting laid.

I agree, but some offers are far more important than others. Can you really tell me that the Evans offer, now a wr, was just an important of an offer as it would be if White would want to commit? Or are you telling me that landing Cotton would be just as big of a get as landing Cooper or OO? Landing Cotton was like going to the bunny ranch and getting laid.

Can you really tell me the opposite? During recruiting would you have rather had O'Hanlon or Major Culbert? Who ended up being the better player?

I don't want to rehash the whole recruiting rankings debate again, but how can you possible decide White is a better offer than Evans? It's all just opinions.

Can you really tell me the opposite? During recruiting would you have rather had O'Hanlon or Major Culbert? Who ended up being the better player?

I don't want to rehash the whole recruiting rankings debate again, but how can you possible decide White is a better offer than Evans? It's all just opinions.

Not to mention that I am pretty sure that if Hill, OO, Cooper, Demien, and Gio all want to commit, the coaches will make room for them. Cotton's offer isn't precluding anyone from committing to the Huskers.

Not to mention that I am pretty sure that if Hill, OO, Cooper, Demien, and Gio all want to commit, the coaches will make room for them. Cotton's offer isn't precluding anyone from committing to the Huskers.

This