WR Austin Hill

Player: Austin Hill

Hometown: Corona, CA

Position: WR

Height: 6'3"

Weight: 192 lbs.

40 time: 4.5

Visit Date: 11/06

Scholarships: Arizona, Arizona State, Colorado, Colorado State, Nebraska, Nevada, Northwestern, UNLV, Utah

Favorites: Arizona, Arizona State, Colorado, Colorado State, Nebraska, Nevada, Northwestern, UCLA, UNLV, USC, Utah

COMMITTED TO ARIZONA

Rivals: :star:star:star

Scout: :star:star:star

ESPN

• 3 weeks later...

Arizona has offered:

Arizona just offered Roosevelt (Corona, Calif.) wide receiver teammates Tyler Slavin and Austin Hill. Both players impressed at last years SoCal NIKE Camp and project well for college.

At 6-3, 190 pounds, Hill is bigger and faster than Slavin and had a solid junior season with 34 catches for 625 yards and seven touchdowns.

Slavin has good size as well at 6-2, 185 pounds and caught 22 balls for 501 yards and six scores. Nebraska and UNLV have also offered Slavin and Oregon has also offered Hill.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

New Rivals update on Hill....Says he is looking to schedule an official with NU for the Okie game, coming with Joshua Mitchell, and Harold Mobley. Also his cousin is last year commit Andrew Green. Hill says that he is extremly intersted in game atmosphere and wants to be somewhere comfortable. I think with some family and a couple of teammates in Mobley, Slavin, Mitchell may help. Also commented on how often him and his teammates talk about attending the same school, and how cool the would be. This may even help us land aaron green next year....Exciting stuff! :)

Not sure I like having visitors for a game we likely lose but at least they're visiting. As long as we keep it competitive and the crowd stays in the game we should be OK.

Can't find it now, but awhile back there was an article about what affects recruits decisions to attend whichever school. Location was far and away the top one, but surprising (to me at least) was that the team losing during a visit was near the bottom.

I believe we have a pretty good chance with him. He have one his cousins already on campus, recruiting another, and if anything I would not doubt Mobley is a silent commit already (based on his and his uncle's statements from previous articles) or atleast an extremely heavy lean.

Not to mention we have a need at WR.

I believe we have a pretty good chance with him. He have one his cousins already on campus, recruiting another, and if anything I would not doubt Mobley is a silent commit already (based on his and his uncle's statements from previous articles) or atleast an extremely heavy lean.

Yeah I couldnt agree more, Hill has also mentioned that he would like to get on the field Sooner than later, and I think with a guy like this and the current depth we have at WR especially by the time that he graduates, I think NU can really offer early playing time. Especially a guy that seems Big, Strong, and athletic. Great Possesion reciever on outs, slants, ins, etc...... Im really big on Hill, maybe an under the radar player this year IMO.

Yeah I couldnt agree more, Hill has also mentioned that he would like to get on the field Sooner than later, and I think with a guy like this and the current depth we have at WR especially by the time that he graduates, I think NU can really offer early playing time. Especially a guy that seems Big, Strong, and athletic. Great Possesion reciever on outs, slants, ins, etc...... Im really big on Hill, maybe an under the radar player this year IMO.

Please don't capitalize "sooner". :)

Please don't capitalize "sooner". :)

ahhhh very good catch I guess that I just got used to typin that one in....

• 3 weeks later...

Wide receiver Austin Hill (Corona, Calif./Roosevelt) has set up his first official visit and has a good idea where his next two visits will be as well.

Hill, along with his teammate Tyler Slavin, form one of the state's top pass catching duos. At 6-3, 190 pounds, Hill is a big, physical receiver but athletic as well. He jumped 35 inches in the vertical at the NIKE Combine in Long Beach and clocked a 4.69 (electronic) 40 time as well.

"I'm going to Nebraska (Nov. 6)," Hill said. "I like the direction the Nebraska program is going in. They're on the rise and they have great tradition and a great fan base."

"I have a cousin who plays there and he is always telling me how great it is at Nebraska so I'm looking forward to that visit. I'm going to set visits to Arizona and Northwestern as well."