WR Austin Hill

4.69 electronic? That seems pretty fast to me for a high school kid especially considering I believe Swift just ran a 4.67 electronic after five years of college weight training and walked away as one of the most decorated receivers in NU history.

Umm..not really. If you consider most camps kids attend these days time all their 40's(the most overrated stat recruit has by the way), are electronically timed. So the 40 times of all these recruits are reported from camps so for the most part they are legit. Like the Carter kid from Louisiana who ran a true 4.39 at a camp.

By the way Nate Swift was never fast, he was SMOOTH!!

I just find that really hard to believe. It's not as though electronic timing at camps has just been invented. What was the fastest running back time this year? The top five ran in the 4.5's or close to it. there was something like five wr's who ran a sub 4.4 so are you telling me these players got slower? recruits have been reporting their times as 4.4 or 4.5 for a long time and unless you have a camp report I dont think rivals or scout reporting that a prospect runs a 4.4 is legit enough for me. Supposedly Lucky ran a 4.4 coming out of high school but ran a high 4.5 at the combine. Swifts profile reads a 4.5 coming out of high school and he damn near ran a 4.7. IMO electronic, legit 4.69 for a high school kid just entering his senior year of high school is pretty good especially for someone his size.

4.69 electronic? That seems pretty fast to me for a high school kid especially considering I believe Swift just ran a 4.67 electronic after five years of college weight training and walked away as one of the most decorated receivers in NU history.

Umm..not really. If you consider most camps kids attend these days time all their 40's(the most overrated stat recruit has by the way), are electronically timed. So the 40 times of all these recruits are reported from camps so for the most part they are legit. Like the Carter kid from Louisiana who ran a true 4.39 at a camp.

By the way Nate Swift was never fast, he was SMOOTH!!

I don't think electronic timing is that common, I'd bet the majority of times listed on profiles are still handheld.

Not sure I like having visitors for a game we likely lose but at least they're visiting. As long as we keep it competitive and the crowd stays in the game we should be OK.

Can't find it now, but awhile back there was an article about what affects recruits decisions to attend whichever school. Location was far and away the top one, but surprising (to me at least) was that the team losing during a visit was near the bottom.

The part in blue...

I think, and I could be wrong, that recruits are unaffected, usually, by the team they're visiting losing because they probably think in their respective minds that they're better than the guys already at the school and if they were playing the outcome would be different.

• 4 weeks later...

Austin Hill says he hasn’t been to any of his favorites yet and insists that distance will not be a factor. “I’ll go anywhere,” Hill said. “Far or close…whatever. I don’t mind travelling.” That’s good news for Northwestern, which is nearly 2,000 miles away from Hill’s home in southern California. “The education is amazing,” he said about the Wildcats. “They graduate like over 90-percent..."

• 1 month later...

I can't see Hawkins surviving the year unless CU somehow just goes gangbusters in the remaining games.

I like our chances at Hill, especially if we can get some freaking O going this Saturday. Given that he'd make his cousin Aaron Green a strong likelihood you gotta like him as a pick-up.

I can't see Hawkins surviving the year unless CU somehow just goes gangbusters in the remaining games.

I like our chances at Hill, especially if we can get some freaking O going this Saturday. Given that he'd make his cousin Aaron Green a strong likelihood you gotta like him as a pick-up.

Well there is the possibility that CU couldn't afford the buyout, that seems to be the prevalent though amongst CU fans anyway.

Well there is the possibility that CU couldn't afford the buyout, that seems to be the prevalent though amongst CU fans anyway.

Good point, CU's athletic dept is generally low on cash. I looked-up his buyout, it would be $2,550,000 after this season. May be too rich for their blood unless somebody kicks-in big. Then if they manage to get a "name" replacement he'll cost them significantly more than Hawkins.

People need to quit using Austin Hill like he is a portal to get to Aaron Green.

In his own right, regardless of who he is related to, Austin deserved his offer and has the talent to back it up. We need to get the kid in so he can potentially help our poor WR corps out next year.

And if he helps with Aaron, great. If not, that's fine too. We just need to get a few talented guys at WR to help out our team and that's what Austin can do.

People need to quit using Austin Hill like he is a portal to get to Aaron Green.

In his own right, regardless of who he is related to, Austin deserved his offer and has the talent to back it up. We need to get the kid in so he can potentially help our poor WR corps out next year.

And if he helps with Aaron, great. If not, that's fine too. We just need to get a few talented guys at WR to help out our team and that's what Austin can do.

Young man can ball. Would love to get him in the mix.