WR Austin Hill

I like our chances at Hill, especially if we can get some freaking O going this Saturday. Given that he'd make his cousin Aaron Green a strong likelihood you gotta like him as a pick-up.

People need to quit using Austin Hill like he is a portal to get to Aaron Green.

In his own right, regardless of who he is related to, Austin deserved his offer and has the talent to back it up. We need to get the kid in so he can potentially help our poor WR corps out next year.

And if he helps with Aaron, great. If not, that's fine too. We just need to get a few talented guys at WR to help out our team and that's what Austin can do.

Just because I mentioned his cousin it means I don't want him just for what he brings as a wr? No. I know he's a good wr and would gladly take him just like I'd gladly take Swigart, Reese, or Wright. But unlike those quality wr's Hill potentially comes with something extra I happened to mention.

From watching film this kid can play. I really hope we get him N.

Read on another board that Aaron has went on record saying if NU gets Austin that we would be really tough to beat out for his pledge. Sometimes GREAT things come in 3s. Andrew, Austin, and Aaron. =)

Just saw that B. Swigert has committed to BC. I really hope we can get Hill now.

kid looks sharp and some of the things i've read seem like he is stoked.... .i think the whole family connection can certainly help us.... the kid definetly has great merits in my opinion.....

PLUS with Hill being cousins with andrew and aaron.. it souldn't hurt our chances of landing aaron who has alluded from what i've heard he would likely end up where these two do (perhaps)

• 2 weeks later...

Had a good trip to Arizona. He sat in the student section and said it was crazy. He had some real positive things to save about the coaches...

Quote:

"Coach Kish is just straightforward," Hill said. "I like how he's straight to the point. He tells you what he needs to tell you and that's that. That's what I love about him. The coaches are great, they're funny, they always have something to say. They're a great bunch; they're pretty fun to be around."

Sounds like Bo.

Also said all of the schools are on an even ground right now. He might think about a commitment in January.

Not super encouraging......but who knows.

Its strange that a kid that is only a 3 star would drag his process out like this assuming all of these schools are going to leave room for him.

Anyways, I think this one is going to come down to in home visits.

I'm pretty sure we'll keep a spot open for him since Aaron Green stated that it would be hard to beat NU if we had Austin Hill

post-7330-1259109737.jpg

This just feeds into my opinion about the cotton offer. w 16 commits and Hill, Cooper, OO, David, Hardrick, Derron Smith, Hal, Malone, maybe Demien, Reese, Tejay Johnson, Wray, Mobley still all on board and a lot are looking like a lean to NU at this point, it sure would be nice to have that extra schollie offer instead of having to turn some of these away. At this point it looks like a forgone conclusion that we will have to turn away at least one of these guys.