RB Deontae Cooper

kinda surprised he went ahead and committed to Wash.....he told Derron Smith not to take a visit to Lincoln last weekend b/c he wanted to go with him and that weekend didn't work.

no big deal though....we still might not take a RB this year

With Okafor and Castille gone, we'd better.

We still have 6 RB's on scholarships so its not that big of a deal if we don't take one this year. Plus we might end up taking a couple next year so hopefully one isn't needed.

Good luck to Mr. Cooper though at Washington

I think we certainly have room for one now. We'll have Helu and Burkhead, but no real solid (yet) options. Though of course one can emerge, we can't count on that. With these two departures, we can definitely go after one this class (maybe even a JUCO?) and still have plenty room for Green next year.

I think we certainly have room for one now. We'll have Helu and Burkhead, but no real solid (yet) options. Though of course one can emerge, we can't count on that. With these two departures, we can definitely go after one this class (maybe even a JUCO?) and still have plenty room for Green next year.

Okafor opens another Scholarship. If Nebraska can still get a good RB this year, they certainly should.

Is he still planning on taking his visit with his teammate Derron Smith?

I guess not:

RB Cooper picks UW

Posted by Greg Biggins

In recruiting, things can change by the minute and often do. On Tuesday, we talked with running back Deontae Cooper (Perris, Calif./Citrus Hill) about his visit to Washington two weeks ago. Cooper talked about taking his time with his recruitment and said he wasn't close to making any decisions. Fast forward one day and he's now singing a different tune.

"I just committed to Washington this morning," Cooper said. "I know I said I wanted to wait but the more I thought about it, it just seemed like Washington was the best fit for me. I talked things over with my dad and my coaches and we looked at all my options and I don't think I could find a better situation than Washington.

"They're a young team on the rise with a lot of young talent. They have a need for speed and a need for a big play running back and I think I can provide that. They have a great coaching staff and I love being around all of them. I loved the campus life and the passion of the fans.

"Basically, everything I was looking for in a school, Washington had. I still wanted to take my trips and see what else was out there just to be sure but now, I've decided to end the process and I'm a solid commitment to UW."

Cooper is the No. 5 running backs in California and had a huge junior season. He rushed for 2,948 yards and 43 touchdowns and helped lead his team to their second straight CIF title in 2009.

Colorado, Nebraska, Arizona State, Fresno State, Stanford, Utah and Arizona had also offered scholarships. Cooper said he wanted to visit ASU, Nebraska and Fresno State before making a commitment but will no longer take his trips and is a solid commit to the Dawgs.

OTOH it wouldn't be the first time he did something different than he said.

• 10 months later...