OT Daryl Williams

Williams has a bunch of offers already. Seems a bit light for a top OT recruit.

Ht: 6-5 Wt: 255 40: 5.1

Nothing that two years in a strength and conditioning program couldn't remedy.

I realize that I'm probably I'm alone in this type of thinking, but I think that as DL's go smaller to get faster, I think that OL's should do the same...go smaller and get faster.

My "ideal" OL is 6'2" and 285 across the board.

Now I have literally no idea if this would work in real life but a smaller, and faster, OL philosophy seems to work for the Denver Broncos.

A quick look at the guys penciled in as no. 1s supports this. Both Smith and Caputo started out weighing 265. So maybe nothing wrong with reporting to first camp a bit light--so long as they have the structure to fill out.

Denver had indeed done with smaller linemen. However, keep in mind, they were one of the first to "perfect" it. Hence, being able to use "no name" running backs, or fullbacks for that matter and still be able to run the ball effectively. I do realize that many team have started using the zone blocking method, and that where using the smaller lineman help. But there is not one team that matches Denver running the zone block scheme in the NFL. But Jen, you are right, pretty much everything in football is evolving, and soon you will see the smaller lineman with zone blocking schemes in college like you do in the NFL, IMO

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Three-star offensive tackle Daryl Williams (Dallas/Lake) spoke with ESPN affiliate Web site OUInsider.com about the current status of his recruitment.

"(Oklahoma is) my top school and I am really thinking about going there, but I am still deciding. The only thing holding me back is Missouri and the same with Missouri is the only thing holding me back is OU."

• 1 month later...