QB Nick Montana

Husker_Power

We could have Roger Craig and Tom Rathman talk to Joe Montana, and maybe get all 3. Don't know if they can play at this level but, think of all the media coverage we would get, even ESPN would have to be nice to us, they wouldn't want to step on Joe's toes or either of the other twos parents toes. :lol::lol::lol:

GBR!!!

I hate to burst your celebrity bubble but none of these guys that go to this school are above average. Their school is in a small division in the valley. They DO NOT play any teams in the top 4 divisions out here even though they are offered home games all the time. They brag how they've won all these title's but they don't play anyone. It's a christian school that is owned by a rich guy and of the 700-800 students enrolled 90% are there for athletics. claussen went there and they dodged teams left and right when he was there. They're in the same division where Marlon Lucky, & darrell scott played. Hell, Long Beach Poly & Mater Dei's junior varsity team would beat these guys.

So what are you saying? That Montana, Clausen, Lucky, and Scott are scrubs?

Hey ACE did you read what I wrote? I'm saying they're stats are over rated - they don't play anyone tough out here and refuse when offered.

not sure why any of us missed this, but according to SI he will be a preferred walk-on at notre dame.

that would explain why there's no offer from weis: why pay when the meal is free?

and let's face it: joe montana would be *MORE* than happy to write the check for his boy to go to alma mater...

Of course, that will be nearly impossible when football practices begin and Joe Montana, whose two daughters, Alexandra, 22, and Elizabeth, 21, attend Notre Dame, starts to roam the sidelines at games or toss the ball around with players during practice as he has done in the past.

"We didn't push any of them into Notre Dame," Montana says. "I basically said, 'I'd like for you just to visit Notre Dame. I don't want you to make a decision without going there because if you say, 'No, I don't want to go there without visiting the school, you don't know what you're missing.' It's just a different place. It's really hard to explain."

oh, no pressure from dad at all. /sarcasm

short of kicking down the montana's household door, defecating in their living room, punching their mother in the face and then doing... unspeakable... things to the family dog in full view of the children, there's not much that even weis could have done to screw this deal. boy was *destined* to be a domer.

... although i'm sure charlie could have found a way to jack the deal-up if he was given enough time...

Hey ACE did you read what I wrote? I'm saying they're stats are over rated - they don't play anyone tough out here and refuse when offered.

Sure thing sport. Your saying there stats are overated. :thumbs

I'm saying that means they're overrated. And I think we're starting to see that play out with those guys. Lucky never turned into the kind of RB predicted; Clausen sucks so far; and Scott got beat out by a 5'6" kid from Columbus who was a throw in with the Doug Rippy deal.

Maybe Montana is similarly overrated. And if he is really walking on at Notre Dame, that would be par for the course for Fat Charlie. :)

Sure thing sport. Your saying there stats are overated. :thumbs

I'm saying that means they're overrated. And I think we're starting to see that play out with those guys. Lucky never turned into the kind of RB predicted; Clausen sucks so far; and Scott got beat out by a 5'6" kid from Columbus who was a throw in with the Doug Rippy deal.

Maybe Montana is similarly overrated. And if he is really walking on at Notre Dame, that would be par for the course for Fat Charlie. :)

it is his brother who is walking on...nate montana

I hate to burst your celebrity bubble but none of these guys that go to this school are above average. Their school is in a small division in the valley. They DO NOT play any teams in the top 4 divisions out here even though they are offered home games all the time. They brag how they've won all these title's but they don't play anyone. It's a christian school that is owned by a rich guy and of the 700-800 students enrolled 90% are there for athletics. claussen went there and they dodged teams left and right when he was there. They're in the same division where Marlon Lucky, & darrell scott played. Hell, Long Beach Poly & Mater Dei's junior varsity team would beat these guys.

So what are you saying? That Montana, Clausen, Lucky, and Scott are scrubs?

Kind of a snarky response, doncha think?

:yeah

Nick is still open.

Hack fooled us all!! ;)

my bad. but here's the end of the article...

The Montana legacy at Notre Dame will likely end in two years as Nicholas isn't expected to follow his older brother to South Bend. "I don't think he's going to be coming [to Notre Dame]," Nate says. "We play games against each other and try to prove which one is better all the time but he can go wherever he wants."

"Well, he's quite a USC fan," says Clarkson with a smile. "How's that for a rivalry?"