ATH A.J. Derby

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

per Scout: "We don't have spring football up here because they want us to focus on playing multiple sports I think," A.J. Derby said. "Right now I am in summer baseball but the coach is real good about letting kids that play football take trips over the summer for camps and stuff like that.

I stay in touch with Coach McCarney and Coach Meyer one to two times a week with each of them. Florida is coming to see me a week from this Friday. They are real interested in me and want me to come down to see what the school has to offer and check out the football program even more. I am not sure the exact date but it looks like I will be there in June."

• 2 weeks later...

I agree with you. I have never seen him play but if everything ive heard is somewhat accurate I think he would be exactly what this offense needs in a qb. Not to mention that it could start somewhat of a pipeline back to Missouri again. I would rather have Derby as a LB.

Trust me guys, we don't want anyone other than Tyler Gabbert in this class.

Why do you say that? Have you seen Gabbert play in person, and think he is the best QB in the country or something?

Do you think that he is better than Zach Lee or any other QB we are going after

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Quarterback A.J. Derby (Iowa City, Iowa), who has 15 scholarship offers, said he hasn't narrowed his list down at this point. Although, he has decided on at least two official visits.

"For sure I'll take one to Iowa and one to Florida," Derby said. "Depending on what Oklahoma does, I might take one there too."

Derby worked out at the Sooners' camp earlier this summer. He doesn't have a scholarship offer from Oklahoma, but said he was told he could be in line to receive one.