LB Caleb Lavey

Player: Caleb Lavey

Hometown: Celina, TX

Position: LB

Height: 6'4"

Weight: 210 lbs.

40 time: 4.56

Visit Date:

Scholarships: Arizona, Arkansas, Baylor, Duke, Michigan, Missouri, Nebraska, Notre Dame, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, San Diego State, Stanford, Texas A@M, Texas Tech, TCU, Vanderbilt

Favorites: Arizona, Arkansas, Baylor, Duke, Michigan, Missouri, Nebraska, Notre Dame, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, San Diego State, Stanford, Texas A@M, Texas Tech, TCU, Vanderbilt

COMMITTED TO OKLAHOMA STATE

Rivals: :star:star:star

Scout: :star:star:star

ESPN

Scout lists him as 6'3'' 211 lbs. with a 4.97 forty time

• 2 weeks later...

wow thats not a big difference? lol....scout 4.97 and the other is 4.56?

:lol:

Very impressive offer list. Methinks this one is gonna be hard to pull out of TX.

hopefully not that hard...

Rivals' teaser:

Lavey hopes to visit Lincoln

Celina (Texas) linebacker Caleb Lavey piled up some impressive statistics during his first three seasons on the high school gridiron. Not surprisingly, he's also been reeling in an impressive list of major college scholarship offers. After having already taken trips to several schools in the Southwest, the standout hopes to travel North this spring.

From Husker Journal:

MARCH 10, 2009. PREP STAR

CALEB LAVEY, LB, 6-4, 210, 4.6, CELINA, TEXAS

Caleb is a national recruit and has offers from, Arizona, Arkansas, Nebraska, Texas A&M, Oklahoma, Stanford, Notre Dame, Michigan and others

The Recruiting Process

“I’m going to summer camps which will help me narrow the search down a little. I should have it narrowed down before summer. I haven’t had the opportunity to visit all of them yet, I don’t have a top schools list. It would be an honor to play at any on them right now.” Lavey said

“I’ve been doing some junior days lately. We (family) are making out our schedule for spring practices at new schools to visit. Ones I don’t see this spring I will try to make it in the summer.” Lavey said

“I know I’m going to TCU and Oklahoma State this spring the closer colleges. I’m going to try to make it up to Nebraska, Michigan, Notre Dame and Stanford at the end of spring or early summer.” Lavey said

“I’m hoping to make a decision before two a day’s start in Celina. I’m a part of my team right now I want to focus all my time in my high school, my senior season. I don’t want recruiting get in the way of that. I want to commit before the season starts.” Lavey added

Nebraska A Special Place

“One of the things I loved talking to Coach Papuchis (Nebraska) he was telling me how they have 85,000 plus coming out for the spring game. That really impressed me. They have a tradition similar to Celina where ever one comes out to the games. They (Nebraska) don’t have any other professional sports I know they have an enormous fan base.” Lavey said

“I’m not sure yet if I will make Nebraska’s spring game. We still need to fix out the schedule. I know it (spring game) would be awesome game to attend.” Lavey added

Nebraska On The Right Track

“Nebraska has always been good they are progressing up the charts and everything. They are an impressive team I’m really excited about checking out Nebraska. I know it’s not a big city (Lincoln) like some schools are. I’m just real excited about visiting the campus and check out the atmosphere and the football program.” Lavey said

Bo’s The Guy

“Bo is a good coach and Nebraska has always been a great football program. He (Bo) is definitely doing something with the team and its working right now and they are only getting better.” Lavey added

Family Roots In Michigan

“My dad went to University of Michigan.” Lavey said, “I worked in the equipment room there. Every year we would go to Michigan games. My dad loves Michigan and I always been kind of a fan of them. So I’m pretty much interested in Michigan as well as Nebraska.”

“I like Coach Rodriguez. It was a little bit hard for him. It’s his first year he will turn the program around.” Lavey said commenting on Michigan’s disappointing season, “Michigan just lost their quarterback.

“I’ve been to Texas A&M twice,” Lavey said, “I spoke with Coach Sherman. I’m just really impressed what they have done down there through their football program and academically. Coach Sherman actually told me they are building on their academic facilities.”

Is A&M The Leader?

“There are a lot of Aggie fans here in Celina definitely I’m an Aggie fan. I root for a lot of teams but A&M is a great school. I can definitely see myself there.” Lavey said

Honor to Play At TCU

“I really like TCU.” Lavey said, “It’s close to home. To play defense at TCU would be an honor. They had the number one defense three times since 2000. I like Coach Patterson he’s doing a great job. Coach Patterson contract goes past the time I would be there.”

“Last year I went to see TCU play San Diego State and Air Force and I’ve been there to see the campus.” Lavey added

Mother Graduated From Tech

“I’m very much interested in Texas Tech,” Lavey said, “I’ve been to one of their games when they played Texas. Game day is great they have an awesome student section. Tech gets a lot of support from the people in Lubbock, and they have incredible energy.”

“My mom actually graduated from Texas Tech and I have a lot family in West Texas.” Lavey added

“We plan on visiting Stanford, their academics are great. It’s off the charts.” Lavey said, “I know it’s a beautiful campus. They have a very small student population student to teacher ratio is six to one which is unbelievable.”

Is distance a factor?

“No not really. I’ll go the best college that suits me. I know it will be hard for my parents to come and see me play buy they will be willing to come up.” Lavey said.