LB Caleb Lavey

He brings the pain:

lzIZVeXV05k

And his parents aren't afraid to let you know about it:

This site has been established to promote our son Caleb Lavey and help him achieve his goal of continuing his football career into college. We appreciate you visiting this site and welcome any feedback you would care to provide us. Please do not hesitate to contact us at the links above.

Mike and Jenny Lavey

Anyway, the nice thing about all this is we have a lot of details for free. Including a breakdown of all of the schools expressing interest and those he has visited. He will be visiting Notre Dame and Michigan 3/20-21. Oh and his brother is going to Alabama.

It's a highlight video, but even so, three things stand out:

1. Pretty good wheels - he managed to chase down some smaller - and presumably pretty fast - backs.

2. Takes great angles.

3. Seems to have a knack for not getting caught up in the wash on the interior. Gets off blocks well.

Agreed, and he's opportunistic. Some of his tackles for loss were the result of blown assignments on the O line. But not every LB has the savvy to take advantage of those. True, it was a highlight reel but still, I like his nose of the ball.

Oh, and he's a much better LB than a TE.

It may be a highlight vid, but man it was a long one! He does get off the blocks well and he has an incredible first step. He also reads the play quickly and I think that is why so many of his tackles went for a loss. One of the best LB videos I have seen, maybe the best. How about those punt return blocks eh? You gotta love a kid who knows how to de-cleat an opposing player like THAT! This is a kid I would like to get.

• 2 weeks later...

• 2 weeks later...