SIGNED: OT Jermarcus Hardrick

Did Cotton recruit this kid away from LSU?

That might be a jump there.

Supposedly coaches jumped on a car to KS right after they got back form the Big 12 CCG. And Barney's recruiting is confined to very local.

Honestly would not be surprised if Barney had nothing to do with this kid's commitment.

he is listed as the lead recruiter on rivals.

btw, that was a good one angryhusker.

Actually I think recruiting O-Linemen is something that Cotton is doing really well. He is the one Identifying the talent and making the contact. I believe he is the lead on recruiting them in most cases as well. Just look at who he has brought in for the these 3 classes as well as who is on tap for next year. Cotton is the one that found Qvale. Not sure how good he is doing coaching, but he is doing a good job stocking the O-Line with talent IMO. Also the trip down to Fort Scott was as much if not more about Bo's love of David as it was about Hardrick. The Pelinis love David.

Did Cotton recruit this kid away from LSU?

That might be a jump there.

Supposedly coaches jumped on a car to KS right after they got back form the Big 12 CCG. And Barney's recruiting is confined to very local.

Honestly would not be surprised if Barney had nothing to do with this kid's commitment.

he is listed as the lead recruiter on rivals.

btw, that was a good one angryhusker.

Actually I think recruiting O-Linemen is something that Cotton is doing really well. He is the one Identifying the talent and making the contact. I believe he is the lead on recruiting them in most cases as well. Just look at who he has brought in for the these 3 classes as well as who is on tap for next year. Cotton is the one that found Qvale. Not sure how good he is doing coaching, but he is doing a good job stocking the O-Line with talent IMO. Also the trip down to Fort Scott was as much if not more about Bo's love of David as it was about Hardrick. The Pelinis love David.

You know, I checked on Barney, and your right. For all the crap I give that guy, he actually has been the recruiter for all of our offensive line prospects the last 3 years, as well as a few odd and ends (Okuyemi, Zimmerer, Chris Williams, Ty Evans, Fisher, and... shock... his son Ben). Perhaps we should fire him as O Line coach but retain him as an O-Line Scout :dunno . Anyways, check out his bio from Rivals if you want... lists all his recruits.

http://nebraska.rivals.com/viewcoach.asp?C...1&Year=2010

He was on 1620 the other day

here is the link

1620 the web

Says he plays with a mean streak and loves to hit people. Says he will play Left tackle from day one that is what the coaches told him. He also says he played TE in Highschool some and even played on the defense some.

He sounds like just the type of guy we need here at NU.