RB Terence Olds

• 2 months later...

From Husker Journal:

MAY 2, 2009. PREP STAR

TERRANCE OLDS, RB, 6-1, 218, 4.5, SPENCER (STAR SPENCER), OKLAHOMA

Terrence has offers from Oklahoma, Texas Tech, Arkansas, Nebraska, Kansas, Florida and Georgia

Oklahoma Is The Leader

“I’m big Oklahoma fan they are my leader right now.” Olds said, “I’m thinking about committing to OU, I’m thinking about it them very hard.”

“Reason why I’m thinking about Oklahoma is because they sit down with you and explain how every think goes. OU watches out for their recruits, they don’t want anyone to rush for a commitment because it may not be where you want to go. They want me to take my time.” Olds said

“I like the feeling at Oklahoma,” says Olds, “It’s just exciting. The feeling wants me to go out there and do it harder. The games are unbelievable, just unbelievable. It’s something I couldn’t even imagine. The atmosphere, the crowd, the players do come out with a win. And I like how the coaches coach the players during the games.”

Kansas Is In The Picture

“I like Kansas,” says Olds. “I think they are a pretty good environment, like family to be around. I like how they work together as a team how they stick side by side by another. Through thick and then the players are always being there for one another.”

“Kansas junior days is pretty cool it was different from Oklahoma though. All Kansas wanted to talk about was football they didn’t talk about academics. The first thing Oklahoma did was talk about academics get you an education and how I can get my masters in management.” Olds said

“The coaching staff at Kansas is pretty cool,” says Olds, “They get right down to business. Kansas and Oklahoma are the main ones that are messing with me. They are the two that are recruiting me hard.”

Oklahoma And Kansas Recruiting The Hardest

“I talk to Oklahoma and Kansas the most. They gave me a number to contact them.” Olds said. “Oklahoma State coach (Robert Gillespie) said he would send me a card in the mail to call him about recruiting but I never did get it. Oklahoma State didn’t say if they would offer, they just e-mail my coach.”

Terrance Will Visit SEC Schools

“I do want to take other visits, I just don’t want to commit. I’m going to take all five visits I might go down to Florida and Georgia. Take a little visit down there because that’s a place I’ve never been before in my life.” Olds said

“Florida and Georgia sent me some stuff in the mail about their schools and stuff. They want me to come down there and visit. I called them back and asked when to come down for a visit they want me to give them a call after the season is over.” Old added

Florida Gets Busy

“Oh, man they (Florida) are about the same as OU, they get busy too. I like Florida a lot. I like their coaches, their running backs coach and stuff. If something is not going right they talk it over with the coaches.’ Olds said

“Georgia is different than everybody,” Olds said. “All the players talk to ever body they all go out and hang out. They work out together they don’t do anything individually everything as a group. I also like Georgia because it’s not as cold as Oklahoma.”

Education

“Florida and Georgia didn’t talk much about education, just a little bit. Nebraska talked to me about education too, that was the main thing. When Nebraska first talked to me it was about education that was shocker to me. I wanted to ask about the education there (Nebraska) first but they mentioned it first.” Olds said

“I don’t know too much about Texas Tech, I just been there for my sisters track meet. I liked Lubbock it was pretty cool it was better than I thought it would be. It surprised me how much is going on down there.” Olds said

“I probably go down to Texas Tech but they haven’t sent me anything to go down there yet. They just send me stuff about the team.” Olds added

“I don’t know too much about Nebraska. I was going to visit them this year but I had car trouble and I didn’t make it down there. Bo Pelini’s secretary said to give him a call back if I want to make it back up there.” Olds said

Nebraska Is In My Head

“Nebraska is in my head a little bit. I get a lot of mail from them a little bit you can say. About 60 percent of mail comes from Nebraska.” Olds said with a chuckle.”

“My coach thinks I will get more offers, he thinks so. My coach has faith in me and I have faith in myself. He just told me to be patient and it will all just come.” Olds said

From Husker Journal:

MAY 2, 2009. PREP STAR

TERRANCE OLDS, RB, 6-1, 218, 4.5, SPENCER (STAR SPENCER), OKLAHOMA

Terrence has offers from Oklahoma, Texas Tech, Arkansas, Nebraska, Kansas, Florida and Georgia

Oklahoma Is The Leader

“I’m big Oklahoma fan they are my leader right now.” Olds said, “I’m thinking about committing to OU, I’m thinking about it them very hard.”

“Reason why I’m thinking about Oklahoma is because they sit down with you and explain how every think goes. OU watches out for their recruits, they don’t want anyone to rush for a commitment because it may not be where you want to go. They want me to take my time.” Olds said

“I like the feeling at Oklahoma,” says Olds, “It’s just exciting. The feeling wants me to go out there and do it harder. The games are unbelievable, just unbelievable. It’s something I couldn’t even imagine. The atmosphere, the crowd, the players do come out with a win. And I like how the coaches coach the players during the games.”

Kansas Is In The Picture

“I like Kansas,” says Olds. “I think they are a pretty good environment, like family to be around. I like how they work together as a team how they stick side by side by another. Through thick and then the players are always being there for one another.”

“Kansas junior days is pretty cool it was different from Oklahoma though. All Kansas wanted to talk about was football they didn’t talk about academics. The first thing Oklahoma did was talk about academics get you an education and how I can get my masters in management.” Olds said

“The coaching staff at Kansas is pretty cool,” says Olds, “They get right down to business. Kansas and Oklahoma are the main ones that are messing with me. They are the two that are recruiting me hard.”

Oklahoma And Kansas Recruiting The Hardest

“I talk to Oklahoma and Kansas the most. They gave me a number to contact them.” Olds said. “Oklahoma State coach (Robert Gillespie) said he would send me a card in the mail to call him about recruiting but I never did get it. Oklahoma State didn’t say if they would offer, they just e-mail my coach.”

Terrance Will Visit SEC Schools

“I do want to take other visits, I just don’t want to commit. I’m going to take all five visits I might go down to Florida and Georgia. Take a little visit down there because that’s a place I’ve never been before in my life.” Olds said

“Florida and Georgia sent me some stuff in the mail about their schools and stuff. They want me to come down there and visit. I called them back and asked when to come down for a visit they want me to give them a call after the season is over.” Old added

Florida Gets Busy

“Oh, man they (Florida) are about the same as OU, they get busy too. I like Florida a lot. I like their coaches, their running backs coach and stuff. If something is not going right they talk it over with the coaches.’ Olds said

“Georgia is different than everybody,” Olds said. “All the players talk to ever body they all go out and hang out. They work out together they don’t do anything individually everything as a group. I also like Georgia because it’s not as cold as Oklahoma.”

Education

“Florida and Georgia didn’t talk much about education, just a little bit. Nebraska talked to me about education too, that was the main thing. When Nebraska first talked to me it was about education that was shocker to me. I wanted to ask about the education there (Nebraska) first but they mentioned it first.” Olds said

“I don’t know too much about Texas Tech, I just been there for my sisters track meet. I liked Lubbock it was pretty cool it was better than I thought it would be. It surprised me how much is going on down there.” Olds said

“I probably go down to Texas Tech but they haven’t sent me anything to go down there yet. They just send me stuff about the team.” Olds added

“I don’t know too much about Nebraska. I was going to visit them this year but I had car trouble and I didn’t make it down there. Bo Pelini’s secretary said to give him a call back if I want to make it back up there.” Olds said

Nebraska Is In My Head

“Nebraska is in my head a little bit. I get a lot of mail from them a little bit you can say. About 60 percent of mail comes from Nebraska.” Olds said with a chuckle."

“My coach thinks I will get more offers, he thinks so. My coach has faith in me and I have faith in myself. He just told me to be patient and it will all just come.” Olds said

There's a future lawyer if I ever heard one.

What a shocker, the two SEC teams didn't really get into education. If you can manage to keep your 2.0 in General Studies while you play they could give a rat's ass if you actually graduate or learn.

Hey he hasn't committed to OU yet, and we seem to have really made an impression, we're in the hunt anyway. Probably gotta hope OU lands a rb and backs-off.

• 4 months later...

Any news on this guy? Rivals hardly has anything on his profile.

Odd it doesn't show any offers right now. Scout doesn't have a profile as far as I can tell, just a couple of mentions in lists of players in Oklahoma and ESPN has no info in their profile.

Here are the 2 recent mentions I've found:

Star Spencer hopes to make a run with Darren Rideau, Terrance Olds

Published: August 28, 2009

SPENCER — Star Spencer coach Darrell Hall sums up his team in a quick sentence.

"We’ve got a lot of experience but not a lot of depth,” Hall said.

They might not have much depth, but the experience they do bring back is enough to have the Bobcats among the favorites in Class 4A entering the season.

Star Spencer returns two of the best backs in the class in Darren Rideau and Terrence Olds.

Those two are a big reason Star Spencer has a shot at its first state football championship.

"I think we’ve got the potential to do it,” Rideau, who recently changed the spelling of his first name from Darwin, said. "But we have to work at it. Our strength will be at the tailbacks, we just have to get our linemen into it. Once we do, we’ll be as good as anyone.”

The Bobcats figure to find a way to get Rideau and Olds plenty of touches each. Rideau could also see some time at quarterback to give Star a different look, though Frankie Jamison is likely to be the starter.

"Darren is a little taller, and he’s been throwing a good ball,” Hall said.

Olds, who ran for 593 yards last year as the Bobcats’ third option, has taken to his role as a leader.

"He’s been that kind of guy that you need,” Hall said. "There are some guys who just naturally are team leaders, and he’s become that type of player.”

They also return a strong core of offensive linemen that includes Marcus Alexander, Cody Endicott and Joe Christian. There are holes to fill at other places in the line, though.

Hall calls Christian, the right guard, the "cement” of the team.

"He’s the glue,” Hall said. "He’s very coachable in all aspects of the game. I don’t get calls about him not taking care of his work in the classroom.”

Being short on depth though, at least outside of the running back spot, the Bobcats must stay healthy in order to make a run at a title.

"There’s always something new to work on,” Hall said. "We’ve just got to keep after it. We talk about state championships here — that’s our goal.”

And this less positive item:

Star Spencer’s Olds hoping to be back for opener

Posted by Ryan Aber

on August 29, 2009 at 1:13 pm

Star Spencer won the All-City Preview on Thursday night without one of their top players.

Terrance Olds didn’t play for the Bobcats and likely won’t be available next week when the Bobcats open the season at home against Millwood next Friday.

Olds was one of four players turned in by officials in last week’s scrimmage against El Reno for being part of a late-scrimmage altercation that broke out.

Earlier in the week, Star Spencer coach Darrell Hall said there were one or two players out of the four turned in that he did not believe were involved. Hall said he thought the officials there took down the wrong numbers. The problem? Star Spencer’s camera wasn’t rolling when the altercation happened and without conclusive video proof, it’s unlikely the suspensions (Which covered the All-City Preview and next week’s opener) will be overturned. Earlier in the week, Hall said he was trying to find video footage of the incident to help his cause.

• 4 months later...