OT Aleon Calhoun

• 2 weeks later...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

• 2 weeks later...

JUNE 15, 2009. PREP STAR

ALEON CALHOUN, OL, 6-7, 315, 5.1, NAVASOTA

Aleon has six offers and has four favorites right now, Oklahoma, Nebraska, Texas A&M and Baylor

“I’m going to take my official visits to Oklahoma, Nebraska and Baylor. The other two I don’t know yet.” Calhoun said

Number One On The Board

“I really don’t know much about Nebraska,” says Calhoun, “The coaches tell me about winning and the program. Nebraska said I’m their number guy on the board for tackles. Coach Beck is my recruiter he’s a pretty cool guy.”

Baylor Recruiting The Hardest

“I’ve been to Baylor several times. Actually when I was a kid I played at Baylor’s gym for basketball. I have friends of mine that go there and they like it. Baylor is recruiting me the hardest showing a lot of interest in me.” Calhoun said

“I like Waco,” Calhoun said, “I haven’t been up there recently. One of my team mates said Baylor have improved their stadium and new facilities. So I want to go up there and see them.”

“Oklahoma has great program sports wise and good academics. They are a winning program.” Calhoun has briefly

A&M Might Be The Leader

“I went to Texas A&M junior days, they showed me around. How the athletes routine goes. I like it there the campus is very nice.”

“Texas A&M is a family orientated school. It’s close to home. I basically know every athlete there and they know me. I’ve been to some A&M basketball games last year.” Calhoun added

“It doesn’t matter where I play, right now one of the best schools for me is A&M, but anything goes. I’m leaning towards A&M somewhat.” Calhoun said

Link

• 3 months later...

“I haven’t set up any visits or anything,” Aleon Calhoun said. “Once I get home I don’t really feel like dealing with recruiting. I think we’ll be going to state and I’m pretty busy with my team right now.” Calhoun says he grew up following Texas A&M and the Aggies are recruiting him the hardest. “They are very family-oriented. I feel at home there. I love how wired up it is during the..."

What the hell??? This is supposed to be our #1 guy at OT & Texas A&M's coaches are recruiting him harder than our coaches? F$%^ing bullsh1t

You can only do so much for a kid who pretty much has his heart set on aTm unfortunately. I'm sure Beck is still in touch and after he makes a visit, it's all but done for for aTm as I don't think they can compete with us. We'll see how it goes though.

What the hell??? This is supposed to be our #1 guy at OT & Texas A&M's coaches are recruiting him harder than our coaches? F$%^ing bullsh1t

we all know our recruiting is jacked up...pretending it isn't and making excuses is useless...this issue obviously has not been addressed by the coaches or they just don't know how to make it any better.

we all know our recruiting is jacked up...pretending it isn't and making excuses is useless...this issue obviously has not been addressed by the coaches or they just don't know how to make it any better.

we do? good thing our coaches are lucky enough to keep stumbling into good players then.

Honestly, i don't think we are in any position to say what is going. The visits by Reece and Wright came completely out of left field.

I get the impression even the recruiting services are very much in the dark about our recruiting. Whatever is going on, good or bad, only the coaches seem to know.

• 5 weeks later...