LB V.J. Fehoko

• 2 weeks later...

Despite former Texas Tech head coach Mike Leach's recent firing, Farrington (Honolulu, Hawaii) linebacker V.J Fehoko said he still has a high interest in the Red Raiders.

Fehoko, a talented linebacker prospect, took official visits to Washington and Texas Tech and said he plans to take three more before making his decision. He called Tech his leader after his visit but that was before the Leach firing.

"I still like Tech a lot," Fehoko said. "I've heard great things about coach [Tommy] Tuberville, and I was actually able to talk to him already a few nights ago. He was really cool and I think he'll do a great job. It looks like they're going to keep coach [brian] Mitchell too and he was the one recruiting me so that's another plus.

"I still want to see how the home visit goes and the whole Leach thing definitely threw me off but I still feel strongly about them. I haven't set a date for the home visit with them yet but I will sometime this month. January is going to be crazy for me for sure."

Fehoko said he would like to visit Utah, Utah State and Hawaii before making his decision.

Despite former Texas Tech head coach Mike Leach's recent firing, Farrington (Honolulu, Hawaii) linebacker V.J Fehoko said he still has a high interest in the Red Raiders.

Fehoko, a talented linebacker prospect, took official visits to Washington and Texas Tech and said he plans to take three more before making his decision. He called Tech his leader after his visit but that was before the Leach firing.

"I still like Tech a lot," Fehoko said. "I've heard great things about coach [Tommy] Tuberville, and I was actually able to talk to him already a few nights ago. He was really cool and I think he'll do a great job. It looks like they're going to keep coach [brian] Mitchell too and he was the one recruiting me so that's another plus.

"I still want to see how the home visit goes and the whole Leach thing definitely threw me off but I still feel strongly about them. I haven't set a date for the home visit with them yet but I will sometime this month. January is going to be crazy for me for sure."

Fehoko said he would like to visit Utah, Utah State and Hawaii before making his decision.

like i've said he's already made his mind up....... TT is it

• 2 weeks later...

Fehoko told the Salt Lake Tribune he has narrowed his list of choices to Utah and Utah State. He also said that he's not sure when he's going to decide.

"Im'a try by next weekend," Fehoko said via text message. "But I'm not sure."

He said that the coaching situation at Texas Tech is in too much flux for him to choose the Red Raiders, despite his brother playing there.

One of the things that Fehoko is looking at is atmosphere. He says he wants to go to a place where on gameday, the "town stands still" and says that the atmosphere in Lubbock is like that.

Well, I suppose wherever Utah and Utah State are, those towns stand still, but what happened to UCLA, Washington, Cal?

• 2 weeks later...

With Utah State and Hawaii linebacker V.J. Fehoko deciding to go separate ways -- a source at Utah State told the Deseret News Monday night that coach Gary Andersen told Fehoko that the Aggies needed an answer before it was too late to fill the spot with another targeted player -- the Aggies have received a verbal commitment from Miami Jackson High linebacker Tavaris McMillan.

"They needed to make sure they got a good linebacker with this class with that offer," the source said. "They felt like if V.J. wasn't ready to commit it was time to move on."

With Utah State and Hawaii linebacker V.J. Fehoko deciding to go separate ways -- a source at Utah State told the Deseret News Monday night that coach Gary Andersen told Fehoko that the Aggies needed an answer before it was too late to fill the spot with another targeted player -- the Aggies have received a verbal commitment from Miami Jackson High linebacker Tavaris McMillan.

"They needed to make sure they got a good linebacker with this class with that offer," the source said. "They felt like if V.J. wasn't ready to commit it was time to move on."

Which Aggies? Texas A&M?

Which Aggies? Texas A&M?

i am guessing so...... but you never know it could be those shitters new mexico state aggies....

This is a great move and I think more schools need to have kids make commitments before SIGNING DAY. Signing Day is just that, when you sign your letter of intent. At least it is only less than 20 of the top 150 kids that are playing this out for the media. Too many schools are holding the bag without getting their intended targets.

Some kids have three finalists and some have 5. The schools not picked have to scramble on signing day to get a commitment from their next target. I think the system needs to be changed.

No, the Utah State Aggies!

damn... its been a long day!!! my recruiting iq has suffered.....

how many aggies are there over here in the WACKED WAC

i dont know why VJ would go there.... the mormon/samoan connection....

its funny i saw him in the hall with a couple of his friends and he seemed pretty happy and they were all singing that song 'college' by that homo white guy rapper.....

totally focused on owa watch that i didn't even think to ask where he was goin.

No, the Utah State Aggies!

damn... its been a long day!!! my recruiting iq has suffered.....

how many aggies are there over here in the WACKED WAC

i dont know why VJ would go there.... the mormon/samoan connection....

its funny i saw him in the hall with a couple of his friends and he seemed pretty happy and they were all singing that song 'college' by that homo white guy rapper.....

totally focused on owa watch that i didn't even think to ask where he was goin.

I'm starting to get a headache. Let me try again: Utah State pulled Fehoko's offer after he couldn't guarantee them a commit Wednesday. ok? :)