DE Owamagbe Odighizuwa

Fan page someone started for Owa.

I'm not completely up to date with NCAA rules, but isn't that sorta thing a bad idea...like recruiting violation-wise? Or is it OK because it's not technically in contact with him?

I typically like to play it safe on those kinds of things.

It's probably illegal technically, but I didn't start it, and no one is going to stop it at this point. There's never been a case of a university getting in trouble for a fan page. The worst that's ever happened was the university threatening to refuse ticket sales to the person that started a similar group/page. It's just a case of the NCAA being way behind current technology in terms of rule specs and enforcement plans. But the worst that could happen is the athletic department sends the owner a notice asking for him to delete the page.

It's probably illegal technically, but I didn't start it, and no one is going to stop it at this point. There's never been a case of a university getting in trouble for a fan page. The worst that's ever happened was the university threatening to refuse ticket sales to the person that started a similar group/page. It's just a case of the NCAA being way behind current technology in terms of rule specs and enforcement plans. But the worst that could happen is the athletic department sends the owner a notice asking for him to delete the page.

That makes sense - It would be impossible to enforce that type of thing anyway.

Love the OWA smiley, btw. :horns2

Fan page someone started for Owa.

I'm not completely up to date with NCAA rules, but isn't that sorta thing a bad idea...like recruiting violation-wise? Or is it OK because it's not technically in contact with him?

I typically like to play it safe on those kinds of things.

Here is an article I read last week about John Wall from UNC. Whoever did this may get a letter from the compliance director.

http://www.nbcconnecticut.com/news/sports/Be-Careful-Facebook-Could-Cost-Your-Favorite-School.html

No flies on me!!!!