S Dion Bailey

Player: Dion Bailey

Hometown: Lakewood, CA

Position: S

Height: 6'1"

Weight: 195 lbs.

40 time: 4.45

Visit Date:

Scholarships: Arizona, Arizona State, Boise State, Cal, Colorado, Nebraska, North Carolina, Notre Dame, Oklahoma, Oregon, Oregon State, San Diego State, SMU, Tennessee, UCLA, USC, Utah, Washington, Washington State

Favorites: Cal, Notre Dame, Oklahoma, Tennessee, UCLA, USC

COMMITTED TO USC

Rivals: :star:star:star:star

Scout: :star:star:star:star

good stats...

Meh. Stupid Oregon.

Oregon making good early impressions

Oregon already has a commitment from one of the top players in the West in athlete Curtis White (Eugene, Ore./ Sheldon) and is leading for a couple of the region's top prospects.

Lakewood (Calif.) will be loaded next fall and safety Dion Bailey is a definite national prospect. He's a ball-hawking free safety who will have a chance to play on both sides of the ball next season.

Bailey led the state with nine interceptions last year to go with 72 tackles and earned numerous postseason honors, including all-area, all-CIF and 1st team all-state Underclass by CalHiSports.com.

"Recruiting is good right now," Bailey said. "I have offers from Washington, Arizona, Nebraska, and Washington State and I'm also hearing from Cal, UCLA, Oregon, Notre Dame and Oregon State.

"I really like Oregon right now and I plan to camp with them this summer. Cal, Notre Dame, UCLA and Stanford would be my top five right now. I'm also going to camp with Stanford as well as the Nike Camp at USC in April."

Bailey's father Harold played at Purdue so the safety definitely has the bloodlines working for him. He'll also play wide receiver this year and will be another target for quarterback Jesse Scroggins (who could end up the top QB in the state).

Academically, Bailey is carrying a 3.3 GPA and will take the SAT later this month.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Per Scout, he wants an official visit to NU. Nice! :bonez

NICE

It would be great if we can not only get him in to see the great facilities and meet TO/the staff but also get him in for a game. We gotta have a better gameday experience than Washington.

NICE

It would be great if we can not only get him in to see the great facilities and meet TO/the staff but also get him in for a game. We gotta have a better gameday experience than Washington.

You'd be surprised. Washington plays in a brand new stadium in Seattle overlooking the bay. It's been ranked one of the most beautiful stadiums in all of college football. not to mention the fact Steve Sarkisian, the ex-offensive coordinator for USC, now runs the team

Their stadium might be great and they have a new coach from USC, but they still lost every game they played last year. I can't even count how many threads have talk about when we start winning again the recruits will come, which I agree with. It's completely confusing to me what kids really want. They want to play on a winning team, unless a losing team has a good education. They want to get a good education, unless the place where they can is cold. They want early playing time, but they will sit the bench for three years to play at another school. NU has very good academics, unmatched tradition, great coaching, great fan support, a great stadium and above average weather. Am I missing something?

Their stadium might be great and they have a new coach from USC, but they still lost every game they played last year. I can't even count how many threads have talk about when we start winning again the recruits will come, which I agree with. It's completely confusing to me what kids really want. They want to play on a winning team, unless a losing team has a good education. They want to get a good education, unless the place where they can is cold. They want early playing time, but they will sit the bench for three years to play at another school. NU has very good academics, unmatched tradition, great coaching, great fan support, a great stadium and above average weather. Am I missing something?

You aren't missing a thing...but it seems some recruits are.

NICE

You'd be surprised. Washington plays in a brand new stadium in Seattle overlooking the bay. It's been ranked one of the most beautiful stadiums in all of college football. not to mention the fact Steve Sarkisian, the ex-offensive coordinator for USC, now runs the team

Washington really sucked and will be a rebuilding project, plus Sarkisian is an overrated coach. Plenty of guys could get as good or better results with the ridiculous talent USC had. USC-fans aren't exactly crying over losing him. I'm sure Wash has a nice stadium and Seattle is a nice town but the team will still suck in '09 and I doubt the Husky-fans pack the joint for an unimpressive team. Hope it rains.

NICE

Washington really sucked and will be a rebuilding project, plus Sarkisian is an overrated coach. Plenty of guys could get as good or better results with the ridiculous talent USC had. USC-fans aren't exactly crying over losing him. I'm sure Wash has a nice stadium and Seattle is a nice town but the team will still suck in '09 and I doubt the Husky-fans pack the joint for an unimpressive team. Hope it rains.

okay, was with you thru most of the rant but that last part just makes you seem bitter.