Ganz/Pro Day

http://www.omaha.com/index.php?u_page=3918...;u_sid=10584497

"I feel slighted because I saw some of the guys who went (to the combine)," Ganz said this week. "I feel I'm a better player than some of them. You just scratch your head."

"Obviously, I can't throw it 60 yards on one knee," he said, "but you don't play football on one knee. I didn't have any trouble making the throws that were asked of me in the Nebraska offense."

Wow Joe sure loves him some Joe. He is not short on the confidence. This is a huge day for Ganz as far as playing the NFL is concerned. I have no doubt he will be invited to camp by someone that runs the WCO but I just don’t think he will stick. There is always room for a new GA at Nebraska.

I'm guessing if he wants to continue his football career that he'll be playing arena ball.

:yeah

Perhaps some time in the CFL, no doubt he has talent....whether he plays or coaches he will have success.

:thumbs

I'm guessing if he wants to continue his football career that he'll be playing arena ball.

Unfortunately the Arena League is "taking a season off" which doesn't look promising for the future. Which stinks because i actually enjoyed watching that.

I heard they are trying to start the AAFL again in 2010...maybe he could do that :bang

reallistically i have to agree, but I personally think alot of the NFL has their heads up their butts. I can understand not using a draft pick on Ganz, but I would definitely sign him and give him a chance. How many of teams QB picks actually work out for them? They get so caught up in QB measurables and every once in awhile a QB comes more or less out of left field and does nothing but win, like a Gannon or Warner, and usually these QB's don't have cannons but they do have smarts and accuracy. if nothing else with Ganz you would have a smart guy to signal in plays on the sideline.

Unfortunately the Arena League is "taking a season off" which doesn't look promising for the future. Which stinks because i actually enjoyed watching that.

I heard they are trying to start the AAFL again in 2010...maybe he could do that :bang

To hell with waiting for next year, he could be playing football this fall, maybe just not in the NFL. But how Bout the UFL!

http://www.thestar.com/Sports/article/600449

"I feel slighted because I saw some of the guys who went (to the combine)," Ganz said this week. "I feel I'm a better player than some of them. You just scratch your head."

"Obviously, I can't throw it 60 yards on one knee," he said, "but you don't play football on one knee. I didn't have any trouble making the throws that were asked of me in the Nebraska offense."

Wow Joe sure loves him some Joe. He is not short on the confidence. This is a huge day for Ganz as far as playing the NFL is concerned. I have no doubt he will be invited to camp by someone that runs the WCO but I just don’t think he will stick. There is always room for a new GA at Nebraska.

I really didnt find that to be that cocky. He is a lot better than some of those guys. Cullen Harper anyone?

I really didnt find that to be that cocky. He is a lot better than some of those guys. Cullen Harper anyone?

i agree, everyone always says he is cocky or arrogant...he is just confident! there is a difference. myself, i am very conifident and when i see ganz comments i am always thinking that i probably would have said the same thing!

Does anyone have a breakdown of how everyone did?

Well, I saw that Murillo ran a 4.65 in the 40 and a 7.16 in the 3 cone drill, which pretty much assures him that he will never play in the NFL.

Yeah thats for sure. I never would have guessed he was that slow. Its fun to think that our next crop of guys are at least running in the 4.5's though......team speed will hopefully be improved.