DE Chance Carter

planning a visit to Nebraska...this could be big

splain?

In his rivals update from the 15th it basically said dude was amped about the offer and was planning on being here for the Spring game. He is figuring on making a commitment fairly soon after the visit so we have a real shot here.

planning a visit to Nebraska...this could be big

splain?

In his rivals update from the 15th it basically said dude was amped about the offer and was planning on being here for the Spring game. He is figuring on making a commitment fairly soon after the visit so we have a real shot here.

that's some good splaining.

This Scout teaser from the 15th seems pretty good:

List expands to include Nebraska

It seemed that he had his final three. There were three offers on the table that really had Chance Carter impressed and willing to call them his final three until he picked up an offer. An offer that he said was a surprise. But, it was an offer from a school that has a lot of tradition that he came to find out about and that was enough to open it up and consider them for a fourth spot.

Though I guess he still favors Notre Dame

ESPN has video

• 3 weeks later...

We'll know before too long:

DE Carter narrows the field

Defensive end Chance Carter (Evanston, Ill./Loyola Academy) already has five scholarship offers on the table. However, unless things change, Carter won't be considering any new offers he might receive.

Carter currently has offers from Notre Dame, Wisconsin, Stanford, Nebraska and Indiana.

"I'm looking at all of them except Indiana," Carter said. "I'm just looking at four schools."

The 6-foot-4 and 245-pound Carter has been a starter since the beginning of his sophomore season. Carter made 42 tackles and intercepted a pass during his junior season.

Carter has attended junior days at Notre Dame, Stanford and Wisconsin. He plans to attend Nebraska's spring game, and then select a college.

"I'm going to commit early," Carter said. "I'll probably commit sometime in May."

Carter maintains that he has no leader at this point.

We'll know before too long:

DE Carter narrows the field

Defensive end Chance Carter (Evanston, Ill./Loyola Academy) already has five scholarship offers on the table. However, unless things change, Carter won't be considering any new offers he might receive.

Carter currently has offers from Notre Dame, Wisconsin, Stanford, Nebraska and Indiana.

"I'm looking at all of them except Indiana," Carter said. "I'm just looking at four schools."

The 6-foot-4 and 245-pound Carter has been a starter since the beginning of his sophomore season. Carter made 42 tackles and intercepted a pass during his junior season.

Carter has attended junior days at Notre Dame, Stanford and Wisconsin. He plans to attend Nebraska's spring game, and then select a college.

"I'm going to commit early," Carter said. "I'll probably commit sometime in May."

Carter maintains that he has no leader at this point.

looks good for us, were his last stop

Notre Dame is his top choice currently.

How does Notre Dame suck so hardcore and yet still manage to nab all this top talent. Yeah, they're "Notre Dame", but give me a break. They had a couple of good seasons with Weis and have tanked significantly since then. Come to Nebraska fellas, we know how to coach!

The only school still on his radar that Chance Carter hasn’t visited yet is Nebraska, but he'll visit the Huskers for their spring game. “I love the history of Nebraska football,” Carter said. “I love the tradition they have with the black shirts and they take defense very seriously. They also have some of the best fans and every year they have the most academic All-Americans in the country...”

Notre Dame is his top choice currently.

How does Notre Dame suck so hardcore and yet still manage to nab all this top talent. Yeah, they're "Notre Dame", but give me a break. They had a couple of good seasons with Weis and have tanked significantly since then. Come to Nebraska fellas, we know how to coach!

I second that. With the talent Notre Dame has and the sissyass schedule they play, there's no reason they shouldn't be in a BCS game every season. I think you could flip a coin in the air and it would represent Weis' chances of being around this time next year. He's on a short leash. Hopefully he busts out and we can pick up a few of the recruits that jump ship.